Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Training

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

Slava1976 wrote:
    Same with me.You got confirmation email yet?

Ina few weeks if it goes ahead he said emails will be sent out

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Slava1976

Of course it will.I don't think someone will say "NO" to those dates.At least it's still 3 month to organise holidays or days-off from work.Was affraid it will start in a week cos remember previous dates was around end of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Slava1976 wrote: »
    Of course it will.I don't think someone will say "NO" to those dates.At least it's still 3 month to organise holidays or days-off from work.Was affraid it will start in a week cos remember previous dates was around end of June.

I noticed phase 3 is a Thursday and Friday. Strange because it's going to be hard enough to get my time off out of work for the 2 weeks only to have to go back down mid week for 2 days. Thankfully my job are understanding.

Yep.Looks like now Phase 1 and 3 are on Thu and Fri...And Phase 2 only 8 days instead of 2 weeks.

Sorry you're right.Phase 3 Thu and Fri and Phase 1 Tue adn Wed.

• Advertisement

Sorry you're right.Phase 3 Thu and Fri and Phase 1 Tue adn Wed.

This is crazy stuff I can see many people being affected by this.

At least Phase 2 now 8 days instead of 2 weeks. p.s. "Always look on the bright side of your life" :)

At least Phase 2 now 8 days instead of 2 weeks. p.s. "Always look on the bright side of your life" :)

Thanks now that song is stuck in my head. Not great days for having a session in the pub, Friday's and Saturdays would have been ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Steveo.

"Best of luck to all you going in to the Garda Reserve".

If some of you can't make the coming phase, I'm sure you'll make the next phase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Steveo. wrote: »
    "Best of luck to all you going in to the Garda Reserve".

If some of you can't make the coming phase, I'm sure you'll make the next phase.

Well done guys... It brings back memories.

Just for the record, we are not a separate organisation like the FCA. We are a rank within An Garda Siochana..
    There is no such thing as Garda reserve on it own! We are members within the Guards... Let's get it right lads!

Well done future members... Welcome to the hard nock life...

P.S. be aware of the Red Man! during trainning... Pmsl

• Advertisement

I can't wait im sure the training will be great crack, can't wait to get started ive heard of a few going down a day early during phase 2 and going for a few drinks, that would be right up my street ha.
    Ive heard of red man before but it was in my old school, hopefully not the same thing as you mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Cedric87 wrote: »
    I can't wait im sure the training will be great crack, can't wait to get started ive heard of a few going down a day early during phase 2 and going for a few drinks, that would be right up my street ha.
    Ive heard of red man before but it was in my old school, hopefully not the same thing as you mentioned.

Polly's is the pub just outside the main gate.. Well watched place don't over do it for the next day, or you will be sent packing... With the red man chasing your ass down the road with his baton! Lol.
    But enjoy....

Polly's is the pub just outside the main gate.. Well watched place don't over do it for the next day, or you will be sent packing... With the red man chasing your ass down the road with his baton! Lol.
    But enjoy....

Ah yeah I'll be taking it very handy 1 or 3 that's all. i reckon I'll laugh at that red man joke In a few months when I read back over these posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

So happy that there is movement on training again.

I want to say a big thanks to all the helpful users on this for all the advice over the past few years, answering questions and helping out with all the stages of the recruitment form interviews and meetings, medicals etc.. Much appreciated for the advice, without all the people posting here would of been a lot harder of a process and may not of even gone my way .Great time to be going in as well just as new powers are being given to reserve members . Again thanks , and the very best of luck to anyone else that got the call for training.

RUNNER 1

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    So happy that there is movement on training again.

I want to say a big thanks to all the helpful users on this for all the advice over the past few years, answering questions and helping out with all the stages of the recruitment form interviews and meetings, medicals etc.. Much appreciated for the advice, without all the people posting here would of been a lot harder of a process and may not of even gone my way .Great time to be going in as well just as new powers are being given to reserve members . Again thanks , and the very best of luck to anyone else that got the call for training.

RUNNER 1

Well said be seeing you down there pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 fathead 241188

Cedric87 wrote: »
    Well said be seeing you down there pal.

Hi I have just received email about training asking me to confirm I can go but there no mention of dates ?? Can u help me

Hi I have just received email about training asking me to confirm I can go but there no mention of dates ?? Can u help me

When did you recieve this ive been waiting on that email. Ive been told 15tb septemeber but as I said waiting on that email.

Dates have not yet been confirmed as of yet it's all still temporary dates according to the office today.

I'm sure dates will be the same that we've got over the phone.Imagine if not-then office suppoce to contact again ALL applicants and confirm with them new dates...So lads-be patient.We're almost there :)

I'm sure dates will be the same that we've got over the phone.Imagine if not-then office suppoce to contact again ALL applicants and confirm with them new dates...So lads-be patient.We're almost there :)

Yeah Id say they will but the last time I was given dates they changed so I'll just have to wait and see.

• Advertisement

Hi,Guys.Just got a call hour ago to pop-in next week to local Garda station for some routine check.Just wondering-anyone got the same call?

Hi,Guys.Just got a call hour ago to pop-in next week to local Garda station for some routine check.Just wondering-anyone got the same call?

Have you got the medical complete ?

Sorry I see you have the medical done, no I have never heard of them doing that before interesting to see what it's about.

Btw-my friend is Garda Reserve already 3 years and he told me that after he passed his medical he got the same call to pop-in to local Garda station.So I think it's some kind of final clarification before study.I'll keep you updated.

Btw-my friend is Garda Reserve already 3 years and he told me that after he passed his medical he got the same call to pop-in to local Garda station.So I think it's some kind of final clarification before study.I'll keep you updated.

Cheers mate and Id say that's all it is, at least it's something im still waiting on a call or email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Doyouevenlift9

I got a call about this to ? they said this is routine for anyone starting .

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Redzer99

Can I just ask you what county are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Redzer99

I got a call about this to ? they said this is routine for anyone starting .

Can I ask what county are you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Doyouevenlift9

Redzer99 wrote: »
    Can I ask what county are you in?

I'm in Galway myself, wbu ?

• Advertisement

I'm in Galway myself, wbu ?

How long has it been since your medical ?

Advertisement