Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''Dispute between rival biker gangs sees man fatally shot in head''

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Massimo Cassagrande

There's actually a fairly large and thriving Biker gang scene in Ireland. Some of them are also hardy feckers and have a tendency to be quietly bold.

I always wondered do they tax and insure their bikes? I just have a mental image of a big biker in his colours standing in the queue at the tax office and going "Yeah, I wan't three months, thanks.." It's the only bit (apart from having to do all the lessons to get a full bike licence) I have trouble picturing...."Outlaw rebel taxes bike..."

I know a couple, somehow never fancied asking the question, they're not exactly chatty....interesting tho - I think all "rebels" kinda are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Dressing rooms and possibly a bar/function room.

What exactly would a gang of motorcyclists in fancy dress have in theirs?

Bike workshop and possibly a bar/function room, I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

There's actually a fairly large and thriving Biker gang scene in Ireland. Some of them are also hardy feckers and have a tendency to be quietly bold.

I always wondered do they tax and insure their bikes? I just have a mental image of a big biker in his colours standing in the queue at the tax office and going "Yeah, I wan't three months, thanks.." It's the only bit (apart from having to do all the lessons to get a full bike licence) I have trouble picturing...."Outlaw rebel taxes bike..."

I know a couple, somehow never fancied asking the question, they're not exactly chatty....interesting tho - I think all "rebels" kinda are.

You can only tax a bike for the full year... Not that it's particularly relevant to your post... Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Pedro K wrote: »
    You can only tax a bike for the full year... Not that it's particularly relevant to your post... Just saying.

Thank **** we got that cleared up.

Thank **** we got that cleared up.

The more you know...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Buzz Meeks

Can you claim some of that tax back if before the end of the year you sell the bike or you get shot

Buzz Meeks wrote: »
    Can you claim some of that tax back if before the end of the year you sell the bike or you get shot

Not yet, but we're pushing to have the shooting rebate introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The Road Tramps have been around forever. They mind their own business and don't bother anyone, including the Gardaí. Yes, they tax and insure their bikes. Even when they were a little naughty back in the day they weren't at anything Federal. This whole business is most irregular, to put it mildly. I have no idea what's going on, and probably never will exactly. RIP Odd. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

jimgoose wrote: »
    The Road Tramps have been around forever. They mind their own business and don't bother anyone, including the Gardaí. Yes, they tax and insure their bikes. Even when they were a little naughty back in the day they weren't at anything Federal. This whole business is most irregular, to put it mildly. I have no idea what's going on, and probably never will exactly. RIP Odd. :(

I couldn't believe the story when I heard it first, don't think this was the right place to post this thread as all it seems to be attracting is witty & sneary comments.

Condolences to the family and The Road Tramps MCC...

...don't think this was the right place to post this thread...

No, I don't think so either.

• Advertisement

...Condolences to the family and...

They're an MC outfit, not MCC.

They're an MC outfit, not MCC.

What's the difference?

What's the difference?

I'm not hugely au fait, but I believe it could be likened to the old joke about the respective involvements of a chicken and a pig in a breakfast of eggs-and-bacon. ;)

I'm not hugely au fait, but I believe it could be likened to the old joke about the respective involvements of a chicken and a pig in a breakfast of eggs-and-bacon. ;)

Ah I getcha now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,147 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I seem to remember when in college in Limerick many moons ago, there was a bust up between bikers.
    I think it happened one night in that bar in Foxes Bow and they ended up outside one of the other guys houses out in Rhebogue, Dublin Road.
    They tried to petrol bomb his house so he blew one of them off a bike with a shotgun.

Maybe someone has better memory of this and can fill in the gaps.

jmayo wrote: »
    I seem to remember when in college in Limerick many moons ago, there was a bust up between bikers.
    I think it happened one night in that bar in Foxes Bow and they ended up outside one of the other guys houses out in Rhebogue, Dublin Road.
    They tried to petrol bomb his house so he blew one of them off a bike with a shotgun.

Holy s*te, you sure it wasn't a dream? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Thought the only lads with motorbikes now were Eastern European fellas who don't know what speed limits are and fellas with a mid life crisis who purchase a Harley.

Thought the only lads with motorbikes now were Eastern European fellas who don't know what speed limits are and fellas with a mid life crisis who purchase a Harley.

Some of us are a strange hybrid of permanent mid-life crisis and Eastern European-who-doesn't-know-what-speed-limits-are. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Sometimes the moderation in AH confuses me. Someone puts up an article about someone (who's not in a bike club) being killed by a shotgun blast to the head, and the mods have warnings and issue infractions. Yet when someone posts about a biker getting blasted in the head with a shotgun, it's ok for posters to crack jokes. Hmmm...
    It's horrendous! I never thought there was that much rivalry between biker clubs here in Ireland?
    What's the difference?

There's been clubs in Ireland for decades. You have the MC's and MCC's.

MCC's (Motor Cycle Club) can be set up by anyone, or a group of friends who are into biking. 99% of the time, it's a group of like minded people, with a huge interest in bikes and drinking. There are hundreds of MCC's in Ireland, and they wear their patches on the front. No back patch. Again, 99% of the time, MCC's are law abiding people who just like the rally scene and enjoy getting together with other MCC's and having the craic. Some of the MCC's yearly rallies attract huge crowds, and it's a day/evening/weekend of drinking, music and craic.

MC's (Motorcycle Club) on the other hand are more serious. To get into an MC, you have to be invited, and it really is like on Sons of Anarchy. You have to be willing to give up everything to pander to the presidents requests. If you're at work, and the pres tells you to go get him a 6-pack, you drop everything and get it. Usually (in America and most of mainland Europe), these clubs are involved in some sort of criminality, mostly to do with guns or drugs. They can be very dangerous. They wear their patches on their backs. Unless you're in an MC, you can be attacked for wearing your clubs patch on your back. It's an unwritten rule, and one no one should break.

In Ireland, the Mc's are the Vikings MC, Road Tramps MC, Freewheelers MC and Devils Disciples MC. They are a quiet bunch of lads, rarely if ever getting into bother or coming to public attention. It's not like European or American MC's. The difference between Ireland and the rest of the world is that the Irish MC's are banding together, calling themselves the 1%'ers, and are actively stopping foreign MC's from getting a foothold in Ireland. They intend on stopping the Hells Angels MC getting in here, which is a good thing.

As for this shooting, the Road Tramps are relatively quiet. They usually don't bother anyone, show up to a few rallies, don't cause hassle. However, the surfacing problem in Ireland is that there is a new club. They consist of the rejects from MC's and MCC's who are too nuts to not cause trouble. As such, they are doing a lot of ground work for a foreign MC to get in here. I know the name of the club, but i'm not posting it here because it's not in the news yet. Sufficed to say, they're a dangerous bunch of people, and stone mad on top of it.

RIP to Mr. O'Donoghue, and my thought are with his family, friends and the Road Tramps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Good post thanks for the info.
    Sometimes the moderation in AH confuses me. Someone puts up an article about someone (who's not in a bike club) being killed by a shotgun blast to the head, and the mods have warnings and issue infractions. Yet when someone posts about a biker getting blasted in the head with a shotgun, it's ok for posters to crack jokes.
    Agree 100%. I saw a thread shut down a few pages back because of the potential of upsetting people on some of the more unusual forums on here. Of course if you post something that doesn't align with certain agendas or lobby groups your opinions will be cleansed at the very least.

• Advertisement

Sometimes the moderation in AH confuses me. Someone puts up an article about someone (who's not in a bike club) being killed by a shotgun blast to the head, and the mods have warnings and issue infractions. Yet when someone posts about a biker getting blasted in the head with a shotgun, it's ok for posters to crack jokes. Hmmm...

There's been clubs in Ireland for decades. You have the MC's and MCC's.

MCC's (Motor Cycle Club) can be set up by anyone, or a group of friends who are into biking. 99% of the time, it's a group of like minded people, with a huge interest in bikes and drinking. There are hundreds of MCC's in Ireland, and they wear their patches on the front. No back patch. Again, 99% of the time, MCC's are law abiding people who just like the rally scene and enjoy getting together with other MCC's and having the craic. Some of the MCC's yearly rallies attract huge crowds, and it's a day/evening/weekend of drinking, music and craic.

MC's (Motorcycle Club) on the other hand are more serious. To get into an MC, you have to be invited, and it really is like on Sons of Anarchy. You have to be willing to give up everything to pander to the presidents requests. If you're at work, and the pres tells you to go get him a 6-pack, you drop everything and get it. Usually (in America and most of mainland Europe), these clubs are involved in some sort of criminality, mostly to do with guns or drugs. They can be very dangerous. They wear their patches on their backs. Unless you're in an MC, you can be attacked for wearing your clubs patch on your back. It's an unwritten rule, and one no one should break.

In Ireland, the Mc's are the Vikings MC, Road Tramps MC, Freewheelers MC and Devils Disciples MC. They are a quiet bunch of lads, rarely if ever getting into bother or coming to public attention. It's not like European or American MC's. The difference between Ireland and the rest of the world is that the Irish MC's are banding together, calling themselves the 1%'ers, and are actively stopping foreign MC's from getting a foothold in Ireland. They intend on stopping the Hells Angels MC getting in here, which is a good thing.

As for this shooting, the Road Tramps are relatively quiet. They usually don't bother anyone, show up to a few rallies, don't cause hassle. However, the surfacing problem in Ireland is that there is a new club. They consist of the rejects from MC's and MCC's who are too nuts to not cause trouble. As such, they are doing a lot of ground work for a foreign MC to get in here. I know the name of the club, but i'm not posting it here because it's not in the news yet. Sufficed to say, they're a dangerous bunch of people, and stone mad on top of it.

RIP to Mr. O'Donoghue, and my thought are with his family, friends and the Road Tramps.

Appreciate that post, thanks! I never new about MC's in Ireland. I'm guessing it's the new club that's causing the ruckus? It got a bit out of hand with some jokes, that wasn't my intention prior to starting this thread. As I've said before in a previous post, condolences to the family, friends and the Road Tramps. Thanks again for the post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Aye, a new wannabe MC made up of the rejects from other clubs.

I wasn't giving out about anyone in particular, just that it's an Irish man that was killed, and possibly known to people on here. As said above, other threads had been closed because of similar comments.

I wasn't giving out about anyone in particular, just that it's an Irish man that was killed, and possibly known to people on here. As said above, other threads had been closed because of similar comments.

I can imagine! No I understand where you are coming from, some of the comments should have received infractions or the thread closed down. I'm new to Boards so I'll think twice before posting in AH again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

jmayo wrote: »

The bar on Foxes bow was called Buddy's where they would hang out . the house where that guy got killed was on the corner of St.Patricks rd and the Dublin rd. I can't remember how long ago it was but as you said it was many moons ago

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

The Hells Angels have a chapter up in Mulhuddart apparently. The Outlaws have up to 5 or 6 here last time I checked. Would they be as troublesome as their US and European counterparts or this new "reject" MC you referred to ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Massimo Cassagrande

Being straight up, I wasn't for one second being sneery or jokey - It was honest interest as I know sfa about MCC/Mc's but think they're an interesting group, dunno why. I agree 100% with the RIP Mr O'Donoghue, I was actually shocked(and I never am) that it had come to this - someone getting killed due to rivalries. The "taxing bikes" comment was genuine interest - you hear "outlaw bikers" and kinda wonder, "how outlaw?" - not in regard to ODD, just in general. So, wasn't being sneery, just was genuinely interested in learning a bit more tbh. There's a severe lack of "unconventional" people in Ireland, I kinda have a sneaking regard for anyone who is, not my business, but fascinating, none the less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The Hells Angels have a chapter up in Mulhuddart apparently.

And you'd never even know they were there. Was out running one afternoon and ran by their club house as some were leaving, pretty impressive all the same.

Coincidentally enough I only read the history of them, and other clubs, over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

ThisRegard wrote: »
    And you'd never even know they were there. Was out running one afternoon and ran by their club house as some were leaving, pretty impressive all the same.

Coincidentally enough I only read the history of them, and other clubs, over the weekend.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.404595,-6.395349,3a,75y,288.25h,81.55t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sL4Q5AxC6hnG8uxTAWilzhw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Is that you in the pink and black ? :pac:

Can't believe that small, secluded bungalow is a Hell's Angels clubhouse !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty fast

Reiver wrote: »
    Something odd alright about a bunch a lads sitting in some building alone together. You do wonder what they be doing.

Organising their heroin importation business.

Advertisement