Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish flag raised over Stormont

• 03-06-2015 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

Some cheeky boyo has gone and run the tricolour (and what appears to be the 1916 Irish Republic flag) up the flag pole at Stormont.
    Can't imagine this will do Peter's heart any good if he sees a picture of it without the context.

Unionists are calling for whoever is responsible to found and hung, draw and quartered.

What do you say AH, a cause for serious offence or someone having a bit of craic?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-32996247

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

It's actually just an Ivory Coast flag that they've hung up backwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I bet Ian Paisley's ghost did it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Made me chuckle:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/irish-tricolour-flag-pictured-flying-over-stormont-pup-demand-police-investigation-31275732.html

A full investigation will be launched as to why the Tricolour was erected over Stormont.
    Granted, the flag doesn't represent the Loyalists but calling the police? :rolleyes:
    I wonder if this will start a new fleg war :rolleyes:
    Feckin eejits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Lol @ Winston Irvine, I thought that was a made up proto-loyalist name.

Classic prank, better not tell Peter Robinson just for the moment eh?

If only Ian Paisley was still around :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

Lots of jimmies rustled so cant complain. Always get a laugh from the pathetic fleg crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

The fleggers will be so confused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Does that mean N.Ireland won this round of capture the flag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Typical Unionists getting carried away over nothing.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Can't get cross party agreement over the budget?

Let's distract everyone with a row about flags instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Brilliant, nice bit of trolling there

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Willy Frazer found dead from drowning in a pool of his own mouth froth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

total embarrassment of a country

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

total embarrassment of a country

It's not even a country to be that level of an embarrassment

This strikes me more as some cheeky maintenance guy in having a laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

FLEG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Just in time to add some fuel to the fires and annual sponsored walks up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Haha! Good stuff. The Loyalists will be looking for revenge no doubt, obviously they'll be trying to erect the Union Jack over the Dail. But don't worry, myself and some Lads are gonna patrol the area. With cans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Whats more Pathetic is that Willie Fraizer and the likes continue to get Air time, Fcuk them and their opinions i know plenty of good folk across the border that prob had a giggle and moved on with their daily lives,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

bear1 wrote: »
    I wonder if this will start a new fleg war :rolleyes:
    Always get a laugh from the pathetic fleg crowd
    FLEG

May I ask why you and other people on social media repeatedly spell the word, in a mock-Ulster accent, as "fleg"?

Not once in my life have I ever heard someone from Northern Ireland pronounce that word "fleg".

This seems like one of those very mildy amusing jokes which somehow got taken on as an internet meme, but makes no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,353 ✭✭✭✭endacl

FLEG

Fleg?

Fleg!

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,353 ✭✭✭✭endacl

May I ask why you and other people on social media repeatedly spell the word, in a mock-Ulster accent, as "fleg"?

Not once in my life have I ever heard someone from Northern Ireland pronounce that word "fleg".

This seems like one of those very mildy amusing jokes which somehow got taken on as an internet meme, but makes no sense.

Fleg. 🇮🇪

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8JqKxrloQQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Harmless bit of fun id say. Methinks these Unionists take themselves too seriously sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

Patww79 wrote: »

I'm quite familiar with how people from Northern Ireland sound when they speak, cheers mate.

Perhaps you could link me some footage of them pronouncing it "fleg", as in "beg", as opposed to "flag" as in "bag".
    bear1 wrote: »

Again, this just proves that the pronunciation "fleg" is only used by people mocking flag protesters.

The protesters themselves very clearly pronounce it "flag".

I'm quite familiar with how people from Northern Ireland sound when they speak, cheers mate.

Perhaps you could link me some footage of them pronouncing it "fleg", as in "beg", as opposed to "flag" as in "bag".

Again, this just proves that the pronunciation "fleg" is only used by people mocking flag protesters.

The protesters themselves very clearly pronounce it "flag".

It's called humour, tongue in cheek.
    For someone with your username I'd have thought you'd see the funny side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I agree with MakeEmLaugh, if you're going to mock somebody's accent, at least mock a word that they actually use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

I agree with MakeEmLaugh, if you're going to mock somebody's accent, at least mock a word that they actually use.

Kneekeps? Kulshur? Kaffliks?

You heard it hear first. Unionists are the KKK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

That's so last century. The next level is to mock them for a word they don't say so they go into hysterics about how they never even say that word. Like the Americans have been doing to us for the last few decades. "Top of the morning", feck off will ya, I don't say that.

• Advertisement

Considering we learnt on the other thread that loyalists all brick "southern reg" cars, am I right to assume that Stormont has already been bricked and burnt to the ground?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭Goshen

Teeheehee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭circadian

I hope someone is recording Frazer finding out about this. It'd be the best 'reactions' type video.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

One of the flags should have been the rainbow LGBT flag.

LDN_Irish wrote: »
    Considering we learnt on the other thread that loyalists all brick "southern reg" cars, am I right to assume that Stormont has already been bricked and burnt to the ground?

Im sure theres a bit of tri colour burning taking place right about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

LDN_Irish wrote: »

Never happened to my southern reg car parked many many times in Loyalist estates in Rathcoole and north Belfast.

As far as the flag goes, it's a nice prank.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »

They might keep it for one of the bonfires allright.

The roof is under construction. Clearly a few brickies with divilment and not work on their minds. Poor ****ers. Probably get the sack now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭circadian

mg1982 wrote: »
    Im sure theres a bit of tri colour burning taking place right about now.

Dave's Syndrome may start taking hold

tumblr_m5vmngW9Qd1rqnt9wo4_250.gif

Does nobody else think this is hilarious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

Goshen wrote: »
    The roof is under construction. Clearly a few brickies with divilment and not work on their minds. Poor ****ers. Probably get the sack now.

I think getting the sack is the least of their worries, with the police involved they could well end up getting prosecuted. Flags are a contentious issue with rules on when the union flag can be flown from public buildings. There will be arguments made that they were inciting sectarianism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,141 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Some cheeky boyo has gone and run the tricolour (and what appears to be the 1916 Irish Republic flag) up the flag pole at Stormont.
    Can't imagine this will do Peter's heart any good if he sees a picture of it without the context.

Unionists are calling for whoever is responsible to found and hung, draw and quartered.

What do you say AH, a cause for serious offence or someone having a bit of craic?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-32996247
    someone raising the legitimate flag in the legitimate second city of our country ireland.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

someone raising the legitimate flag in the legitimate second city of our country ireland.

Lets not even go there.

Never happened to my southern reg car parked many many times in Loyalist estates in Rathcoole and north Belfast.

Ah I was only messing. There were a few people who wouldn't move north on a thread last week because they brick cars etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Well clearly the construction workers were having a team bonding day paint balling and had to capture the castle. PUP pissed as they werent invited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Ahhhh brilliant.

Had a giggle over it.

Although it could put Peter Robinson back in hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

How the hell did some randomer get ontop of Stormont? Security has some questions to answer me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    How the hell did some randomer get ontop of Stormont? Security has some questions to answer me thinks.
    Why wouldn't they get near it?

You ever see some of the headcases that have a job in there? :pac:

Don't be thanking my post eotr, I'm talking about your mates too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

Would we all say the same thing if an Union Jack was raised over Leinster House?:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement