Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish flag raised over Stormont

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 117 ✭✭Goshen

Teeheehee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭circadian

I hope someone is recording Frazer finding out about this. It'd be the best 'reactions' type video.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

One of the flags should have been the rainbow LGBT flag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

LDN_Irish wrote: »
    Considering we learnt on the other thread that loyalists all brick "southern reg" cars, am I right to assume that Stormont has already been bricked and burnt to the ground?

Im sure theres a bit of tri colour burning taking place right about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

LDN_Irish wrote: »
    Considering we learnt on the other thread that loyalists all brick "southern reg" cars, am I right to assume that Stormont has already been bricked and burnt to the ground?

Never happened to my southern reg car parked many many times in Loyalist estates in Rathcoole and north Belfast.

As far as the flag goes, it's a nice prank.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

They might keep it for one of the bonfires allright.

The roof is under construction. Clearly a few brickies with divilment and not work on their minds. Poor ****ers. Probably get the sack now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭circadian

mg1982 wrote: »
    Im sure theres a bit of tri colour burning taking place right about now.

Dave's Syndrome may start taking hold

tumblr_m5vmngW9Qd1rqnt9wo4_250.gif

Does nobody else think this is hilarious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

Goshen wrote: »
    The roof is under construction. Clearly a few brickies with divilment and not work on their minds. Poor ****ers. Probably get the sack now.

I think getting the sack is the least of their worries, with the police involved they could well end up getting prosecuted. Flags are a contentious issue with rules on when the union flag can be flown from public buildings. There will be arguments made that they were inciting sectarianism

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Some cheeky boyo has gone and run the tricolour (and what appears to be the 1916 Irish Republic flag) up the flag pole at Stormont.
    Can't imagine this will do Peter's heart any good if he sees a picture of it without the context.

Unionists are calling for whoever is responsible to found and hung, draw and quartered.

What do you say AH, a cause for serious offence or someone having a bit of craic?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-32996247
    someone raising the legitimate flag in the legitimate second city of our country ireland.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

someone raising the legitimate flag in the legitimate second city of our country ireland.

Lets not even go there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Never happened to my southern reg car parked many many times in Loyalist estates in Rathcoole and north Belfast.

Ah I was only messing. There were a few people who wouldn't move north on a thread last week because they brick cars etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Well clearly the construction workers were having a team bonding day paint balling and had to capture the castle. PUP pissed as they werent invited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Ahhhh brilliant.

Had a giggle over it.

Although it could put Peter Robinson back in hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

How the hell did some randomer get ontop of Stormont? Security has some questions to answer me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    How the hell did some randomer get ontop of Stormont? Security has some questions to answer me thinks.
    Why wouldn't they get near it?

You ever see some of the headcases that have a job in there? :pac:

Don't be thanking my post eotr, I'm talking about your mates too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

Would we all say the same thing if an Union Jack was raised over Leinster House?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Goshen wrote: »
    Does nobody else think this is hilarious?
    I do I think its hilarious.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Why wouldn't they get near it?

You ever see some of the headcases that have a job in there? :pac:
    I know Martin has a history but I don't think he was behind this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

It's actually just an Ivory Coast flag that they've hung up backwards.
    Nope, it's green next to the flagpole - Irish flag
    Orange next to the flagpole - Ivory coast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Would we all say the same thing if an Union Jack was raised over Leinster House?:pac:

Some cheeky builder havin a laugh? Id imagine most people would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Not even Leinster House, put one on your own house to you see the usual suspects spitting feathers and clogging radio shows. Would give the IW workers a bit of respite if nothing else.:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 one day man

Giving them a glimpse of the future. Good stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I think getting the sack is the least of their worries, with the police involved they could well end up getting prosecuted. Flags are a contentious issue with rules on when the union flag can be flown from public buildings. There will be arguments made that they were inciting sectarianism
    Has anyone ever been arrested for flag burning incitement on bonfire night?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,266 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Funny in fairness

I'm sure they'll find it funny up there....Nothing like a flag to get people in a fluster.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,497 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Where's Wally Willie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,289 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

You won't hear a peep out of the orangies when the tricolour is burned on a pile of pallets on the 11th of July though.

Someone puts the flag up for a prank and they call for the cops to look into it.

Advertisement