Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHY did you join boards?

Options
  • 29-05-2015 12:17am

Do you remember? Personally, haven't a clue. I even forgot I had an account until the hacking incident when I got an email informing me of it, which was when I found out I'd even set up a boards account. Then, I just sort of fell into using boards. Sometimes I use it loads, sometimes just read, but I've been on here pretty much daily since.

Anyone have a really interesting reason they joined up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Think I googled something, led me to After Hours. I had a look round, liked what I saw and decided to join!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Because I'd closed my other account and needed a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Used to do a lot of reading on IrishPokerBoards when I played during university which lead me to old threads on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I like talking sh1te on t'Internet. I've been doing it for 25 years. This seems to be the way the current young Hep-Cats do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Do you remember? Personally, haven't a clue. I even forgot I had an account until the hacking incident when I got an email informing me of it, which was when I found out I'd even set up a boards account. Then, I just sort of fell into using boards. Sometimes I use it loads, sometimes just read, but I've been on here pretty much daily since.

Anyone have a really interesting reason they joined up?
    Originally in my very first account AHEM....I heard about it from a friend who was a mod at the time. She told me about it. She just said you need to get on boards.ie. I knew a couple of people on it already. And them I started a cult (Boardsie cutters)in the cuckoos lounge for a bit. :) That was a long long time ago and I have been mental every since :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Needed to know something about a job I had at the time and I'm still here two years later talking shyte.

Wish I'd thought of a better username tho, wasn't planning on hanging around

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I saw a thread on another site saying that after hours was a dive. So I joined here and left that site.

About 5 accounts later, here I am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

anna080 wrote: »
    Needed to know something about a job I had at the time and I'm still here two years later talking shyte

You are in good company, we all talk shíte!

Because I'd closed my other account and needed a new one.
    Yeah I've had a few at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

No one else would have me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I always liked doing woodwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Had a problem with a laptop at the time and wanted to ask somewhere about it, I registered this very account to do so after finding the forum through google.

Lay dormant after that until about 2009 when I became a regular on the site. The username? That only came to my head when I set up the account as I felt my other username I'd used elsewhere for years was tainted and I needed a fresh one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I always liked doing woodwork.

Plank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

I heard it was the home of S&M enthusiasts.

I heard it was the home of S&M enthusiasts.

Nah wrong site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Broads, meh, turned out to be a complete disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

PARlance wrote: »
    Plank

Tool.

wil wrote: »
    Broads, meh, turned out to be a complete disappointment.
    You don't love us anymore???:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I had a fetish for farm animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Nah wrong site.

Aaaah fvcksake!

• Advertisement

I actually don't think this username is the same one I joined up with originally, but I can't even remember. I doubt it, since I know I joined up before the big hack, and this username is a relatively knew incarnation of myself across the interwebs. I'd say I had a different one before.

I actually think I have another account somewhere on boards with no idea what the username or email address are.

Aaaah fvcksake!
    Fetlife...although they were hacked recently

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

To promote Limerick FC, the super blues, pride of the midwest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

anna080 wrote: »
    Needed to know something about a job I had at the time and I'm still here two years later talking shyte

did it answer the question to your liking??

I joined because i wanted to find out about the whole boards world.

Then im hit and miss at logging onto the www

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Originally in my very first account AHEM....I heard about it from a friend who was a mod at the time. She told me about it. She just said you need to get on boards.ie. I knew a couple of people on it already. And them I started a cult (Boardsie cutters)in the cuckoos lounge for a bit. :) That was a long long time ago and I have been mental every since :)

Nest. The Cuckoos NEST :(

I fell into Boards via Adverts. Then the hack happened and I didnt come back for a while. Then I went away again. Then I came back again.

That's it now. Never leaving again....evvverrrrr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Was googling something about dwarfism in cattle and found a thread on it :o so made an account to ask more people if they had seen it. Boring reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Kovu wrote: »
    Was googling something about dwarfism in cattle and found a thread on it :o
    Winner of thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

I remember being very shy about making new threads in AH. As though there was so much expectation, really putting my work and thoughts in front of a large audience for dissection was daunting.

However, I've grown to be one of the most influential posters on AH and voted best poster 2 years in a row.

Follow your dreams, someday you could be just like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I joined twice.
    Once to ask a question which I did get an answer to.
    Stuck around on that account around 8-9 years ago for a few months.
    Left. Rejoined on this account a few months after browsing After Hours mostly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I think it was some techie question I needed to answer and then I just joined up.

Boring I know ...:)

(Yawns)

Advertisement