Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Reserve Training

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Raider190 wrote: »
    Tough one . It may be next year before the next GR intake

Ya tough one alright, feck it,

Whenever the next intake is I ll defo be able to make it as I can take holidays etc,

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Ya tough one alright, feck it,

Whenever the next intake is I ll defo be able to make it as I can take holidays etc,

Well unless you get past the next stage for the regular

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Well unless you get past the next stage for the regular

Oh yes of course,

Looking forward to getting those results back now see where I stand and all that!

Roll on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

Thanks lads , it is a shame and i prob should just wait but another 9 -12 month wait i just cant do . Hopefully there be somthing in the uk if i dont get the full time here.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jammydodger123

Hey lads, is the next GR Training next Thursday did I see? Still waiting on the interview in the local station.. It might be this week they are saying...am I too late as I still have to do the medical?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

Hey lads, is the next GR Training next Thursday did I see? Still waiting on the interview in the local station.. It might be this week they are saying...am I too late as I still have to do the medical?

Unfortunately the process doesn't happen that fast.

Sorry mate it may be next year before the next intake according to a post on this forum today. Stated he called HRM and was told this

Sorry mate it may be next year before the next intake according to a post on this forum today. Stated he called HRM and was told this

I sound wkd naive sorry! Applied in march 2012! The whole thing would break your heart! Best off chancing abroad I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Reserve process is taking to long full stop.

Is no one else tired of this waiting around for things to happen with AGS? Recruitment came around after five years and it seems it's nearly impossible to get a place and now even the reserves are slowing down their recruitment even further.. It just seems like one thing after another.. Absolute disaster!!!

If I didnt want a career with them then i'd laugh...

carzony wrote: »
    Reserve process is taking to long full stop.

Is no one else tired of this waiting around for things to happen with AGS? Recruitment came around after five years and it seems it's nearly impossible to get a place and now even the reserves are slowing down their recruitment even further.. It just seems like one thing after another.. Absolute disaster!!!

If I didnt want a career with them then i'd laugh...

I hear ya!

Im just wonderiwondering... I did stage 1 for the sreserves in November 2013, would I still not be called for training next Thursday ya? Like there wouldnt have been a hope of the the BR form, the medical and the superintendent interview been cleared from the timeframe of November to March? Just wondering was I too slow on the BR form... :/

If ya dont laugh about it you'd cry-

• Advertisement

I hear ya!

Im just wonderiwondering... I did stage 1 for the sreserves in November 2013, would I still not be called for training next Thursday ya? Like there wouldnt have been a hope of the the BR form, the medical and the superintendent interview been cleared from the timeframe of November to March? Just wondering was I too slow on the BR form... :/

If ya dont laugh about it you'd cry-

It does take some time to clear the BR stage depending how many individuals on your form need to be checked. If there are foreign jurisdictions involved there is always a delay. The whole process can take from six months to four years and it does teach you patience.

Does anyone know when the next class of Reserves are set to go into the garda college? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 robmol

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the next class of Reserves are set to go into the garda college? :)

Hi RUNNER

The last reserve class that were there are still waiting to graduate. It was said that the next reserve class to be trained won't be any time soon! Have you been waiting long?

2years 2months , but have everything out of the way so just waiting on a training date. :)

2years 2months , but have everything out of the way so just waiting on a training date. :)

I'm stuck in phase four with 40 hours complete awaiting graduation date! The collage is mental at the moment with the new recruits so hopefully we will get a date for this year! I was waiting four years but it was worth the wait, it's a fantastic experience. All the best and I hope you won't have to wait as long as I did!!!

How long are u on phase 4? And when did u start training ? And what was the time between phase 1 to 4 ? Sorry for all the questions

How long are u on phase 4? And when did u start training ? And what was the time between phase 1 to 4 ? Sorry for all the questions

No worries that's what the thread is for, I started in November 2014 and I started phase phase four in January 2014, it's up to yourself how long it takes, basically you have to complete 40 hours on the job experience at the station you're designated before graduation. My 40 hours are complete and still no graduation date but I'll still do shifts just to keep in with my unit they're a sound bunch also the experience is great!

robmol wrote: »
    No worries that's what the thread is for, I started in November 2014 and I started phase phase four in January 2014, it's up to yourself how long it takes, basically you have to complete 40 hours on the job experience at the station you're designated before graduation. My 40 hours are complete and still no graduation date but I'll still do shifts just to keep in with my unit they're a sound bunch also the experience is great!

Oops that was meant to be January 2015 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Oops that was meant to be January 2015 😂

Did you have to apply for an educational exemption during your application ?

Cedric87 wrote: »
    Did you have to apply for an educational exemption during your application ?

Hi Cedric
    No I didn't.

• Advertisement

Hi Cedric
    No I didn't.

Lucky you im waiting on mine. What's the exams like in the college ?

robmol wrote:

Cheers for that :) I'd say u will get that Grad date soon.

Lucky you im waiting on mine. What's the exams like in the college ?

First thing they make you do is sign a secrecy act so I can't say too much other than if you listen in the lectures and do a bit of study each evening you'll be grand! After the first week you have a mock exam which gives you a good idea of lay out of the real exam.

Cheers for that :) I'd say u will get that Grad date soon.

No problem at all. 😊

First thing they make you do is sign a secrecy act so I can't say too much other than if you listen in the lectures and do a bit of study each evening you'll be grand! After the first week you have a mock exam which gives you a good idea of lay out of the real exam.

Yeah I didnt expect to much info ha well that's grand Im hoping to get the excemption. Are you dublin based. ?

Yeah I didnt expect to much info ha well that's grand Im hoping to get the excemption. Are you dublin based. ?

No I'm in the south and I got a city station so was delighted, the busier the better! :) anyhow best of luck with it. :)

No I'm in the south and I got a city station so was delighted, the busier the better! :) anyhow best of luck with it. :)

Same to you mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Slava1976

Hi,guys.Got a call from office today with dates.Still waiting for confirmation email but hey-we're almost there. p.s. Worth waiting every minute. :)

Slava1976 wrote: »
    Hi,guys.Got a call from office today with dates.Still waiting for confirmation email but hey-we're almost there. p.s. Worth waiting every minute. :)

I put in for the September dates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Slava1976

Same with me.You got confirmation email yet?

Advertisement