Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options
  • 04-04-2015 10:53pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭

The lodge closed it's doors on Monday. I was in there on Sunday, it was great craic. Pity, I have to go a bit further now for a few pints.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Bulmers on Ice

I think I was only ever in the Lodge once when it opened. It's the wrong end of the town for me.
    I'd have thought it was a gold mine in that area especially for football matches etc.

The Lodge? Where in the town is it? The only one I know is the Monread Lodge, surely not that one.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

The Lodge? Where in the town is it? The only one I know is the Monread Lodge, surely not that one.

The same spot.

beertons wrote: »
    The same spot.

Oh wow, that's only a 10min walk from me. Been there several times, even had a few events like communion etc in there.
    I don't go out much in Naas, purely because I have very few friends in the town. Naas is a good town socially but not for anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

What a shame to see it closed

• Advertisement

The chipper will lose a bit of business now.

The chipper will be fine. The bookies will lose a bit though, from lads popping in and out of the bar. Saw 2 lads being shown around it on Friday, hopefully it won't be gone for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Any idea why it closed?

No idea. I imagine the food was costing them too much, and they weren't able to cover bills. He's in another pub already, think it's either Kildare or Newbridge.

The town is looking well for Punchestown, flags all over the shop. Finan's reopened last week too. New Row it's called.

Caragh farm us back open now for the weekends till June, then they're open 7 days a week. Popped in for 2 hours on Sunday. Great value for a tenner. And a lot of young animals there too.

Did many here go out Punchestown? The town looked busy on Thursday and Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

My husband went yesterday. We are in Kilcullen and I dropped him down at about 3pm. Either the traffic was being managed much better than previous years or it wasn't as busy as usual (maybe the day that was in it?) because there wasn't half the traffic I was expecting. Although he said it was busy. He accidently got his picture taken with Louis walsh. Lol.

Anybody have any suggestions for a baby friendly place to grab a bite to eat that's not mcdonalds? I don't want to disturb people out for a quiet Sunday dinner but would like something a bit nicer than fast food. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

Jollies across from McD's is good but can be busy at peak times

I like Siblings. Newly opened, beside the Monread gym. Their eggs Benedict are fab.

http://offers.pigsback.com/offer/168792/killashee-leisure-centre

10 passes to Killashee leisure centre for €29, or 20 passes for €49. Great value. Only a few hours left for it.

Did many here go out Punchestown? The town looked busy on Thursday and Friday.

Went on Fri, crowds were big but the place didnt feel as crowded. Usually in the Res Enclosure you are 5 deep at the bar, but because they covered up a big area outside with a glass roof and added in an extra bar area it felt more spacious

Bars in the town were less crowded though...not sure if it was because by time we got to Naas about 11:30 it had died down but the marquees in the Ivy and McCormacks were certainly quieter than normal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

A lot of places are child friendly Whispered. Iv been to jolly under Eddie rockets with an 18 month old. They were very good with him.

When the bridgewater in Sallins was doing food they were great with kids. Shame they stopped doing food.

Maudlins near the big ball is fine with kids too. Food is grand for something casual.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

I think Tony Romas feeds kids for free on Sundays. Always an option unless your kids are vegetarian...

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lockster

Also try the Johnstown Inn. They have an excellent kids menu and the food for Adults is great as well.

Lockster wrote: »
    Also try the Johnstown Inn. They have an excellent kids menu and the food for Adults is great as well.

+1 for the Johnstown Inn

I found the food in Tony Romas the last time very salty. The ribs are super but its not a place you would go regularly

For a treat head out to Ballymore Inn...the back bar there is child friendly aswell and food is top notch

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Naas Cycling Club

Ye can all come cycling on the Sunday morning after!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

any more news on kfc to going to monread folks?

redarmy wrote: »
    any more news on kfc to going to monread folks?

A woman told me that it's not kfc, it's McDonalds. Her son is an engineer on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

excellent... we absolutely need another mcdonalds..

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Besides the unrequired (and possibly undesirable) new drive-thru Mickey Macs, any truth in the rumour that Tesco are to open a filling station on this site also ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

jrar wrote: »
    Besides the unrequired (and possibly undesirable) new drive-thru Mickey Macs, any truth in the rumour that Tesco are to open a filling station on this site also ?

I've heard it's another Applegreen Station

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Brancott

Sorry to hear about The Lodge closing, used be my local many moons ago.
    In fairness there's always been a high turnover of leaseholders, builder still owns it & has his offices above pub.
    The week trade dying must have hurt it & perhaps the price of the lease makes it hard to turn profit.

One thing that really annoys me at Tescos is the orange bollards stopping you turning right into Aldi.
    I thought some eejet might have taken these out by now.

Sometimes at lunchtime I call down to Tescos to pick up whatever few items herself can't get in the Aldi shop.
    I've found that driving in the delivery entrance gives you a lovely parking space at the front pedestrian entrance, it's the staff car park that's around the front & normally has free spaces near the door.

Kcc have denied permission for a drive thru. Wonder what's going to happen now?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

My understanding of it is that they've denied permission to a second drive thru, with the reasoning being that Castlekeel Ltd. were already granted permission for a drive thru restaurant back in 2013 on the same piece of land, and they said that two drive thru's adjoining each other would be unacceptable.

So AFAIK they're still going ahead with the McDonalds.

Saw Gleesons outside the lodge earlier, possibly a drinks delivery. Haven't heard anything about when it's reopening.

• Advertisement

Saw Gleesons outside the lodge earlier, possibly a drinks delivery. Haven't heard anything about when it's reopening.

soon ;)

Advertisement