Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Naas Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Wok inn on wolfe tone street closed this evening i see. Is this permanent i wonder? Ordered there a few times. Thought it wasn't bad..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭beertons

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Hey folks.
    Looking for a cleaner to drop in for a couple of hours every week or two to hover/mop and take care of the place. Someone to clean the bathrooms and change beds etc.
    Can anyone make a recommendation? Living on the Newbridge road coming out of Naas.

Thanks in advance!

Have a look on the notice board in supervalue, might be luckier to get someone up that side of the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Any update on the Roundabout?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Any update on the Roundabout?

They are getting there with it, resurfacing is almost done and road markings on a couple of the exits now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Trying out the new restaurant Two Cooks in Sallins for the birthday next week. Will report back. The premises they have have refurb'd is known as the unit of death, so many businesses have failed there. Would really like these guys to succeed though

Trying out the new restaurant Two Cooks in Sallins for the birthday next week. Will report back. The premises they have have refurb'd is known as the unit of death, so many businesses have failed there. Would really like these guys to succeed though

Where's that?

beertons wrote: »
    Where's that?

Naas side of the canal, Directly opposite lock 13. Beside estate agent

Seen on AGS twitter last night that a 24 year old female learner driver stopped at checkpoint in Naas and found to be 6 times over the alcohol limit. Naas court on Mar 2nd.
    With the amount of Garda checkpoints in Naas, I would be afraid to drive after a slice of Christmas cake.

Seen on AGS twitter last night that a 24 year old female learner driver stopped at checkpoint in Naas and found to be 6 times over the alcohol limit. Naas court on Mar 2nd.
    With the amount of Garda checkpoints in Naas, I would be afraid to drive after a slice of Christmas cake.

Good enough for her.

I wouldn't be able to unlock the car, if I was at the same limit as her.

I've never seen a checkpoint in naas ! Where do they put them ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Seridisand

Six times the "Learner limit", which would be 1.20mg, which is .40mg or 50% over the Full drivers limit...still illegal but not quite so sensational

Seridisand wrote: »
    Six times the "Learner limit", which would be 1.20mg, which is .40mg or 50% over the Full drivers limit...still illegal but not quite so sensational

Doesn't sound too bad since you put it like that. I still wouldn't risk it though.

Did anyone see the farmers market on the 9pm news last week? I missed it.

I've never seen a checkpoint in naas ! Where do they put them ?

I live in Kerdiff and they seem to always have a checkpoint just after Aylmer on the way into the estate. Always late night or early morning.

I live in Kerdiff and they seem to always have a checkpoint just after Aylmer on the way into the estate. Always late night or early morning.

That explains it. I'd be in my leaba!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Seridisand wrote: »

The standard limit is actually .50, so she was still at more than double the limit.

Doesn't sound too bad since you put it like that. I still wouldn't risk it though.

Did anyone see the farmers market on the 9pm news last week? I missed it.

What was the market on the news for?

What was the market on the news for?

Ah it was one of those support local clips. I don't know if you've ever been, but it's quiet good. There's a great little community down there, a mix of all people. T'was quiet enough down there last Saturday with the rain, but when it's a clear morning, they come from miles away.

Ah it was one of those support local clips. I don't know if you've ever been, but it's quiet good. There's a great little community down there, a mix of all people. T'was quiet enough down there last Saturday with the rain, but when it's a clear morning, they come from miles away.

I haven't been down to the Market yet, Is there anything that really stands out down there?

I haven't been down to the Market yet, Is there anything that really stands out down there?

Depends on what you like. I bought a fair bit down there on Saturday, sausages, olives, boquerones, chocolate lollipops, gingerbread men, a smoothie, and a beef curry. I usually get jam there too, but blew the budget on everything else.

There's a toilet down there too, so don't think you have to make it back to Lawlors to go.

• Advertisement

Depends on what you like. I bought a fair bit down there on Saturday, sausages, olives, boquerones, chocolate lollipops, gingerbread men, a smoothie, and a beef curry. I usually get jam there too, but blew the budget on everything else.

There's a toilet down there too, so don't think you have to make it back to Lawlors to go.

Yeah I go there every so often, nice way to spend the morning and buy local. I generally just take a €20 note with me and we get a coffee, snack and something small. Made some lovely homemade pizza with olives, mozerella and chorizo from the stall there. I like the atmosphere, you're not going down for your weeks shop, but a nice treat

I didn't eat all that myself btw, it was with 2 kids. Tis good craic at Easter and Xmas too, with music and so on. I've seen people buy all their veg and meat there, but I know they have loads of money. Not the kind you'd see in Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jake66

[QUOTE=paddylonglegs; Made some lovely homemade pizza with olives, mozerella and chorizo from the stall there.

That pizza sounds lovely paddy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Looks like the roundabout is done, All cones removed, Fully road marked , Lights for zebra crossing . Pretty impressive and keeping things free flowing so far ?!!

jake66 wrote: »
    [QUOTE=paddylonglegs; Made some lovely homemade pizza with olives, mozerella and chorizo from the stall there.

That pizza sounds lovely paddy...

Sure we'll have a boards pizza night! 😄

Sure we'll have a boards pizza night! 😄

Tis hard enough to organize a beers night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

I think naas could do with a nice pizzeria, somewhere like milanos. Just thinking though, does jolly do pizza?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

luppy wrote: »
    I think naas could do with a nice pizzeria, somewhere like milanos. Just thinking though, does jolly do pizza?

It does, really good too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Il fico....great pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Higgeldy

+ 1 for Jolly pizza. They do a fab duck /hosin sauce pizza...

Agree we could do with a pizzeria restaurant but would love to see something independent and not Milanos.

Living in Sallins myself, looking forward to trying Two Cooks and hearing that other posters review of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Any idea what is going in where the old marks & spencers used to be? Loads of construction going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

The old m&s and the unit beside it are being knocked into one. It is going to be a large Meadows and Byrnes store.

Has anyone been for tapas yet in Graces? I was in there on Saturday afternoon and the barman said to me that upstairs has been booked out every Friday and Saturday since they reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jake66

been to Graces twice, I think its called five rooms.
    the food is really good, especially the prawns and the chorizo stew..
    A bit on the expensive side, most dishes are around €9.00.
    They are also doing lunch in the bar now, not sure what the menu is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Hi,

anybody know of a good photographer around the area for taking a few "holy communion" shots? Dont want to break the bank either :-)

Thanks

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

Hi,

anybody know of a good photographer around the area for taking a few "holy communion" shots? Dont want to break the bank either :-)

Thanks

W.

Try Nicola at https://www.facebook.com/nicolacrossphoto

Nc photography

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

been to Graces twice, I think its called five rooms.
    the food is really good, especially the prawns and the chorizo stew..
    A bit on the expensive side, most dishes are around €9.00.
    They are also doing lunch in the bar now, not sure what the menu is like.

do you need to book for the tapas? what time do they serve them from?

thinking of going down on Friday about half 5ish

I'd book to be sure of a table.

Lads, need to get some work done on a room - build a partition wall, hang a couple of doors, repair wall and replaster, build some bespoke storage, put in a velux window, Few bits like that. Any ideas on someone local to fit the bill?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Padraic Grogan is very good, know him years he is a very trustworthy guy and does excellent work. He recently put a new side door in my parents house where there was no door before and they were delighted with the work and no mess left. Highly recommend for any building work.

http://www.revamp.ie/

Saw him doing work on 2 houses beside mine last week. Very tidy.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. I've seen his van around. Does he do the work himself or is he a contractor? Would prefer to go straight to source than pay a contractors mark-up

Solo I imagine, I saw no one else around.

Yes he does the work himself

Caragh farm is back open for this week and next, for those looking for outdoor entertainment for kids.

Just to add to above, they're closed on Sunday. Good time to go, a lot of the young animals are just a week old. My 3 year old fed a milk bottle to a lamb. Very cute.

Is there anyone in Naas who does Car Valeting, Detailing or Paint corrections?

Is there anyone in Naas who does Car Valeting, Detailing or Paint corrections?

The lads down at topaz on the sallins road are good for valeting. Is the paint faded or chipped?

aaakev wrote: »
    The lads down at topaz on the sallins road are good for valeting. Is the paint faded or chipped?

Its a brand new car. I think I would like it detailed as its wasnt perfect when i bought it and would like it cleaned and sealed

Have a look for spirit detailing. I think they're in Leixlip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Saw on Nass town shopping centre website there's a Meadows and Byrne and a Costa coffee coming soon.

Advertisement