Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Naas Chat Thread

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,146 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Try either Brennans or Quinns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Mccarthys in prosperous are worth a look too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Rym Shanley

aaakev wrote: »
    Mccarthys in prosperous are worth a look too

Finn McCarthy and Sons? LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭matchthis

I see the trees went up in front of the town hall in Naas. Anyone know when Santa will be Turning on the lights?

matchthis wrote: »
    I see the trees went up in front of the town hall in Naas. Anyone know when Santa will be Turning on the lights?

OMG, we are late Nov and Santa hasn't arrived yet in Naas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Next Saturday 28th at 4.30 build up to it starts from 2 with the elves out and about on the streets.

Is the Five Lamps a gastropub serving high quality food and a wide range of craft beers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,220 ✭✭✭pad199207

Is the Five Lamps a gastropub serving high quality food and a wide range of craft beers?

Say that again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Sounds like a Harvey Norman advert

pad199207 wrote: »
    Say that again?

I was there a few years ago. Summer. There was an edge in the place. Smokers brought the pints / bottles outside and smashed them on the footpath when they finished drinking them. And then went back inside.

Was wondering if it had changed.

• Advertisement

I've never known the lamps to do food. Sounds about right with the bottles though.

I remember one of them was wearing a Celtic top with SANDS 81 on the back.

I remember one of them was wearing a Celtic top with SANDS 81 on the back.

It's my favourite shirt, what's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭The Helpful Engineer

I just found out that Xtra Vision on the Sallins Road will be closing at the end of January. They have recently taken on part time staff who will be let go along with with everyone else.

I am disappointed as I have been going there for years and love to browse the shelves. I even remember going to it when they on Poplar Square. Recently it always seemed busy to me so I am surprised it's closing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Is the one on Sallins road definitely closing? I know they are closing 28 stores but hadn't seen a list of which ones they are.

But with the tesco/hmv partnership it's a strong possibility I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭The Helpful Engineer

Is the one on Sallins road definitely closing? I know they are closing 28 stores but hadn't seen a list of which ones they are.

But with the tesco/hmv partnership it's a strong possibility I'd imagine.

Yes. The staff said that they were told on Friday that the Naas shop is closing.

It's my favourite shirt, what's the problem?

I'll see your SANDS 81 and raise it to an OMAGH 98.

Any word on free parking in the town for December yet? Was down at the Christmas market in the town hall earlier, was nice. A bit much on in the little room though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭brian_t

beertons wrote: »
    Any word on free parking in the town for December yet?.

"Kildare County Council have announced that this Christmas any of their car parks as well as parking along the main street will carry no charge for motorists and shoppers from December 18th until January 4th."
    https://www.thebestof.ie/local/naas/community-hub/blog/view/free-parking-this-christmas-in-naas

Although Anthony Lawlor gives the dates as 19th Decenber until 3rd .January
    http://anthonylawlor.ie/2015/12/03/christmas-2015-in-naas-useful-information/

That's it? Tralee have it from last monday till Jan 4th, from 1pm on. Kildare CoCo are a bit of a joke.

• Advertisement

That's it? Tralee have it from last monday till Jan 4th, from 1pm on. Kildare CoCo are a bit of a joke.

It can be hard enough to get street parking in Naas at times.

I think that a week before Christmas is long enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Must have been some flooding off the millenium park road over the weekend. I see the temporary residents up the lidl end have moved across the other side of the roundabout.

There's a new fishmongers going into the unit beside the vacant dry cleaners at Tesco extra. Fitting out the shop this morning.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

There's a new fishmongers going into the unit beside the vacant dry cleaners at Tesco extra. Fitting out the shop this morning.

Thank god!! I've been in desperate need of a decent fish monger! The fish counter in tesco is grand but you know yourself!

Well there's one beside Abbey travel, in behind ashgrove car parts, but it can be annoying to get parking.

Anyone know if the Liffey has burst its banks at Sallins? Saw it on Twitter earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Anything festive going on in Naas tomorrow? Coca Cola truck was nice to see in tesco today but an hour long wait with 2 babies just to stand beside it and take a few snaps wasn't happening...

We went for a look too, 5 minutes was enough then we went into the new McDonald's for food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

There's worse places to try to get to - grand little shop and good value. Having a new one open in the Monread Centre will probably spell the death knell for this place so that'll be another local shop gone from Naas town centre.

The Tesco "ring doughnut" effect continues apace and still I hear people lament how the town has gone downhill - when I ask them where they shop, I usually get "Tesco" or "Lidl" responses but the irony of their response seems lost on them !

Have to say I hate the Monread Centre and how it's hoovering up all other business - I still try to give custom each week to the bakery, butchers, fruit & veg, fishmongers and newsagents in the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

So Jolly is closed on Sunday's? Noticed again today. Was nice for a Sunday morning treat

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Rackard

So Jolly is closed on Sunday's? Noticed again today. Was nice for a Sunday morning treat

Was open yesterday anyway!

Was in Graces last Saturday, it's looking nice. Started doing tapas from 6pm till late Thursday to Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Was in Graces last Saturday, it's looking nice. Started doing tapas from 6pm till late Thursday to Sunday.

We will pop in Saturday. Wanna see what it's like

Dj is down now where the stairs used to be. Was playing kinda funky music, not deep house, but good. Cig machine now in smoking area. Had to go into the place via the stairs to above. The will have its perks to a few, no bouncer on it!

I read today that free Christmas parking in Newbridge means free parking in the GAA car park only - all day today (Saturday) and also all day Wednesday 23rd and all day Thursday 24th.

• Advertisement

Ny next door neighbour was broken into last night and the house was thrashed. no one home at the time. Scumbags.

Make sure everything is locked up if your leaving the house. ..

Ny next door neighbour was broken into last night and the house was thrashed. no one home at the time. Scumbags.

Make sure everything is locked up if your leaving the house. ..

What part of Naas? It's happened a couple of times around me in Kerdiff but usually the houses with no alarm.

What part of Naas? It's happened a couple of times around me in Kerdiff but usually the houses with no alarm.

Other end of town, near the hospital. No alarm on this house either, woman who lives with her 10 yr old son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Has anyone any feedback on Jade Court Chinese in the town? Haven't been since it was the Great City

Thinking of going Xmas eve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Has anyone any feedback on Jade Court Chinese in the town? Haven't been since it was the Great City

Thinking of going Xmas eve

Haven't eaten in - but the take out is good. Using it for the last 6 weeks or so, since my previous favorite let me down badly.

Paddy

• Advertisement

Is it the same owners, just new name? Or completely different.

Missed mass yesterday. Thought it was on at 6, but it was put back to 5. Damn it anyway.

The Goal mile is on at about 11 from the gaa club, might not be as many doing it this year with the rain. I know we won't be testing out the bike santa brought the young one anyway.

Merry Christmas Naas heads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭matchthis

Kilcullen road is back open since the schools finished

Kilcullen road is back open since the schools finished
    Add your reply here.
    Yes thank god. Had to shoot up to kilashee on Christmas Eve for a voucher for the other half and was delighted I didn't have to do that detour back.

Missed mass yesterday. Thought it was on at 6, but it was put back to 5. Damn it anyway.

The Goal mile is on at about 11 from the gaa club, might not be as many doing it this year with the rain. I know we won't be testing out the bike santa brought the young one anyway.

Merry Christmas Naas heads!

They had mass at 5, 7, 9 & midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

I see the old Naas to Kilcullen road is back open again. I think I saw a representative from Guinness there the other day to award them with their world record trophy for Longest Time Ever Taken To Change A Road Layout.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    They had mass at 5, 7, 9 & midnight

I'll ask here next year before I make my annual pilgrimage.

I'll ask here next year before I make my annual pilgrimage.

I blame the Res Assoc rep ;)

Blood donations are being taken 12-430 today, and for the next 2 evenings from 5-830. In the school beside the gaa on the Sallins road.

I think everyone's getting sick of each other in our family today....

Any ideas on events happening around the area to suit a 2 year old demon?

• Advertisement
Advertisement