Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW31 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

wonski wrote: »
    How comes you guys post your ranks when mine is not updated yet:confused:

Estimated rank predicted by Fantasy Football Fix. It's usually spot on give or take a certain amount of places depending on how high your position is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Benteke(c) leaves me with 90 points. I've had worse days.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

gone from ~95k to 56k - onwards and upwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

DJKendo wrote: »
    Estimated rank predicted by Fantasy Football Fix. It's usually spot on give or take a certain amount of places depending on how high your position is.

I've never found it that accurate - was pretty far off this week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

I've never found it that accurate - was pretty far off this week too.

How far off? If the numbers we are talking about are in the large thousands and they are off by ~1000 or so, I'm usually satisfied.

Mine was off by about 500 this week which is impressive.

It's an ESTIMATE

• Advertisement

How far off? If the numbers we are talking about are in the large thousands and they are off by ~1000 or so, I'm usually satisfied.

It's an ESTIMATE

It was over 800 off. I'm in the top 10k (just about!). I think that's pretty bad.

I realise it's only an estimate, but my own estimates, generally based on the 10k avg from FPL discovery, are generally much closer.

Gw rank of 121.

Going to bed a very happy man.

Gw rank of 121.

Going to bed a very happy man.

FAir play, great score. How much did you rise in the overall rankings?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

My first 100+ point week :) Still just outside top 10,000 but a rise of over 10,000 places so can't complain!

Was worried my gamble of a front 3 of Austin, Benteke and Agbonlahor wasn't going to pay off but bar Agbonlahor (who only got 7) the other 2 more then made up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It's an ESTIMATE

How would I know? Or anyone else:confused:

Mine OR jumped 60 places last night and 28 tonight.

It is always better to stick to the official rankings imo. Estimates are pointless.

• Advertisement

My first 100+ point week :) Still just outside top 10,000 but a rise of over 10,000 places so can't complain!

Was worried my gamble of a front 3 of Austin, Benteke and Agbonlahor wasn't going to pay off but bar Agbonlahor (who only got 7) the other 2 more then made up for it!

You have some work to do after next gameweek;)

Well played, and with Costa injured you don't really need money to build solid front for GW33 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

wonski wrote: »
    You have some work to do after next gameweek;)

Well played, and with Costa injured you don't really need money to build solid front for GW33 anyway.

Yeah that's a problem for future me though haha

With Costa out and Aguero stuck for form, I haven't really seen any other viable long term options. Still have around 5k left so will probably use that toward changing team around before next double gameweek.

My overall rank will probably suffer after transferring them around but I've built a nice lead in my private leagues that I don't mind taking a multi-transfer hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Up from 71,000 to 44,000 with my 89
    A small glimmer of hope now exists in one ML. Something to keep the interest alive for another week at least

• Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭titan18

99 points. That damn Austin yellow card screwed me.

54 points. Monster scores around here!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

39 points. GW rank of 2.6 million and down to 34k.

Move along folks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

54 for the week. Well done to everyone - some incredible scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

titan18 wrote: »
    99 points. That damn Austin yellow card screwed me.

That, and taking a four point hit on Green did me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Had an early night last night and only saw the updated rankings now, I have made huge jumps in all leagues, inside the top 500 in the world now.
    119 points, a little bit surprised that it was such a huge jump as my team is reasonably template, while I did have Benteke I assumed most others would have him or Austin.
    Delighted obviously but it'll be hard to see green arrows now and I get a fit of depression at the Reds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

89pts sees me jump from 161k to 102k. My highest since GW16 :o! Now to break into the top 50k :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I thought my 91 was good till i came here! Jumped up to 23K overall this week, still on track for my first ever 10K finish if i can keep the momentum going!

82 points, 1k places up to 2.9k.

Great result, can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Congrats to those with the massive scores. Your punt on the DGW has served you very well.

Phillips' 20 points got me up to 62 for the week. Not great, but not a disaster.

Luckily my main rival didn't punt on any DGW players after his 111 last GW and got 40 this week.

I thought my 91 was good till i came here! Jumped up to 23K overall this week, still on track for my first ever 10K finish if i can keep the momentum going!

It is good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Only dropped 3K places. Down to 6000 but considering the carnage that could have been visited on me I think I got away lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

105 here thank u tekkers (c)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

88 pts and I'm up to 2600 back to where I was 2 gws ago this gw just reversed the damage done by missing the Kane captaincy the previous week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Last night was not a night to stay up for the rankings update for me.

I knew it would be bad, but apparently holding onto top 10k was a pipe dream!

As I predicted earlier in the thread, not my worst GW rank at 2.48m but by far the hardest hit to my OR in a long time. Down from inside 5k to nearly 11k. First time outside top 10k since GW9. Only the 4th time to end a week outside the top 5k in that 21 weeks.

And now, I have to pretend none of the the last 31 GWs ever happened and look at it as a 7 week game where I start in the enviable position of 11k in the world and the only way is up! :)

344437.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

88 pts and I'm up to 2600 back to where I was 2 gws ago this gw just reversed the damage done by missing the Kane captaincy the previous week.

I think it was less damaging to get it wrong last week and right this week than the other way around as my ranking shows!

Its tightly bunched though, youre only 47 ahead of me and over 8,000 higher OR.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

93, I thought I had misplaced the captaincy again halfway by not going with Austin but captain Philips worked out fine in the end

Advertisement