Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW31 Matchday Thread

Options
  • 04-04-2015 7:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Two transfers used. Didn't plan it but taking some chances.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I have no idea this week. Have not looked at it since the last day of the last GW, until yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

No doublers in my team. Not too worried about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

No doublers in my team. Not too worried about that.

Keep telling yourself that and you might even believe it. Until Tuesday that is:P I chickened out last night and brought in two, it was very hard to press the button to confirm Defoe out but it had to be done:o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Keep telling yourself that and you might even believe it. Until Tuesday that is:P I chickened out last night and brought in two, it was very hard to press the button to confirm Defoe out but it had to be done:o

Did you take a hit or did you have two transfers? I didn't bother with any doublers. Austin and Benteke were all that would interest me and I'm already happy with Kane, Aguero and Costa.

Lads like Tom Ince and Kevin Nolan last year showed me that DGWs don't always mean extra points!

Lemlin wrote: »
    Did you take a hit or did you have two transfers? I didn't bother with any doublers. Austin and Benteke were all that would interest me and I'm already happy with Kane, Aguero and Costa.

Lads like Tom Ince and Kevin Nolan last year showed me that DGWs don't always mean extra points!

Two free, prob wouldn't have bothered for a hit but the thoughts of having nothing in the Tuesday game didn't appeal to me at all. Like yourself I've never been Bentekes biggest fan but himself and Phillips are my men. I needed to go back to having a cheap fifth mid anyway so that suited. Plus I shouldn't need to do too much fiddling for week 33.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

But now you need to get rid of them next week. I'd prefer not to compromise my team for an extra Villa or QPR game.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

But now you need to get rid of them next week. I'd prefer not to compromise my team for an extra Villa or QPR game.

I'll hold onto Phillips as my cheap 5th mid and hope that QPR stay in the hunt to stay up. Benteke is worth a short term punt in these circumstances and as I said I'll have an interest for the whole game week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

There is that dgws are very boring when you don't have a player involved in the second match(s).

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Two doublers makes the week more fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

benteke captain
    kept aguero whilst many sold him
    maybe finally after 31 weeks this is MY week :D
    although Sanchez giroud Costa and to a lesser extent Kane will probably ruin it!
    I'll be in very good or very bad form after the early ko with no player involved (Bellerin if shclupp doesn't play)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

kane captain. lets do this..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Taken a four point hit to get two doublers. Cant see too many bringing in loads of QPR/Villa players tbh.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

No dgw players for me. With Ivan(c) Hazard and Costa, I could do with a 5-0 Chelsea win :pac:
    A Siggy goal would be nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Currently have Hutton warming the bench.

Terry, Clyne and Jones ahead.
    Can't really see AV cs in either of their games, Jones just edges him. Bad call?

Banking transfer this week, Santi or Sanchez will be exiting soon but one of them will go nuts vs Pool I fear.

PARlance wrote: »
    Currently have Hutton warming the bench.

Terry, Clyne and Jones ahead.
    Can't really see AV cs in either of their games, Jones just edges him. Bad call?

Banking transfer this week, Santi or Sanchez will be exiting soon but one of them will go nuts vs Pool I fear.

I can see villa getting one.......

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

km79 wrote: »
    I can see villa getting one.......

Yes, my heart is ruling my head.
    United supporter with Austin a potential C so I'm hoping Hutton returns minus figures from DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Urgh. Need a good week. How do I explain to my girlfriend that we need to go to a bar to watch Arsenal vs. Pool because my FF players need their coach?! It's her birthday but...this is a big one. Got six players in that game. Stupid BT ruins me.

Hope everyone has a good week. Not as good a week as me but you know, good enough.

PARlance wrote: »
    Yes, my heart is ruling my head.
    United supporter with Austin a potential C so I'm hoping Hutton returns minus figures from DGW.

Also a united fan but have benteke captain :D signed mata though :)
    I seen on the other thread you are also a Mayo man !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Myhill
    Alder ivan Pva
    Sanchez silva hazard eriksen
    Kane aguero austin
    no transfers this week for me.
    Start of the run in now 8 gws to go 3 dgws and no breaks for fa cup games or internationals.

Urgh. Need a good week. How do I explain to my girlfriend that we need to go to a bar to watch Arsenal vs. Pool because my FF players need their coach?! It's her birthday but...this is a big one. Got six players in that game. Stupid BT ruins me.

Hope everyone has a good week. Not as good a week as me but you know, good enough.

Six players, wow.
    Regarding the missus, welcome to the deceitful double life of an fpl addict. My wife is currently on nights and I'm making all the running with "suggestions" on which times she should go to bed and leave me with the four kids in order to maximise her sleep:o possibility of me maximising my time in front of sky sports Saturday is purely coincidental.
    Good luck and welcome to the forum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Any team news lads? Will Cazorla start?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

344032.png

Still not sure abut Austin, but he seems to score every second game so why not?

Kane has to blank at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Kinda worried about this week. I've had three really great weeks in a row so I'm due a bad one! There's also the issue of still owning both Aguero and Sanchez, while Mata and Costa are hot property for this week. So yeah: worried. Hopefully it doesn't go too badly! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

This week has f**ked with my head more than most. I have no DGW players, hope I have not undercooked this! And captain choice is ridiculous. Will prob go Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

wonski wrote: »
    Kane has to blank at some point.

He already has. Against Man Utd! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Myhill
    Naughton-Bertrand-Terry
    Hazard-Sanchez-Silva-Eriksen
    Aguero-Austin(c)-Kane

Foster-PVA-Schlupp-Boyd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Guzan
    Williamson-Ivan-Taylor
    Bolasie-Silva-Hazard-Sanchez
    Kane-Aguero-Costa(c)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

He already has. Against Man Utd! :)

2, 13, 2, 17 ...

Guess what's next:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭shano_88

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any team news lads? Will Cazorla start?

Id say hes nearly a banker to start.

Only made one transfer last night. Brought in Naughton.

Myhill
    Bertrand Terry Naughton
    Sanchez Silva Hazard Eriksen
    Kane Austin (c) Aguero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Panti
    Clyne Terry Naughton
    Hazard Silva Eriksen Mane
    Kane(vc) Costa(c) Aguero

Will be a nervous wait until the lineups are announced for Chelsea and then even more nervous if Diego is benched. First time owning Silva all season, I expect a Sanchez hat trick and Silva blank now.

I'm in the enviable position where my girlfriend likes football and has now become an Arsenal fan. She even made an FPL team a couple month ago!

Advertisement