Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people still eat dairy?

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭Heckler

I love milk, not too keen on cheese but enjoy most other dairy products. I'm in my early 40's and have no health problems because of consuming dairy.

If you don't like it fine don't eat it but if you like it but don't eat it because you think its damaging your health off with you.

If a doctor told me tomorrow that i'd live till 92 instead of 90 by giving up dairy I'll pass and keep swigging milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭darlenmol

I gave up smoking a year ago and now I can't stand milk but I go mad for cheese more than ever. Also I've gone off yogurt completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭CallofGuti

kilkenny12 wrote: »
    Irish cows do get given antibiotics though don't they?

Absolutely but farmers don't send cows' milk with antibiotics to their processor and, if by some tiny chance that milk with antibiotics make into their tank for collection, it's detected at the point of entry at the processor and is rejected. It's a totally, 100% safe system. If antibiotics goes into our dairy produce, we're boned. We export 90% of our dairy produce and can't afford a hiccup or the €2bn export sector is ruined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Heckler wrote: »
    I love milk, not too keen on cheese but enjoy most other dairy products. I'm in my early 40's and have no health problems because of consuming dairy.

If you don't like it fine don't eat it but if you like it but don't eat it because you think its damaging your health off with you.

If a doctor told me tomorrow that i'd live till 92 instead of 90 by giving up dairy I'll pass and keep swigging milk.

I'll ask you to re-think that when you're 89.5 :pac:

Milk turns my stomach but I love cheese :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭crestglan

Whats the big deal with drinking milk its not doing the animal any harm to be milked plus milk is proven source of calcium which is very important for the bones

• Advertisement
Advertisement