Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 29 Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

38 no hits, bit annoyed at having 19 point on bench but really only an extra 3.

Think time to get rid of Sanchez - seems to be on the boil, not sure who to get though - Henderson would be chasing points and they are 2 hard games coming up. Decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Though Siggy was decent tonight. Very unlucky not to score, into great positions following into the box. Think he'll be my Puncheon guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

I had 2 FFS cup, 1 FSA champions cup, 1 Boards pay H2H and FSA league 1 H2H matches this week, I've just won 4 of them with a score of 29.....very strange week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

They really need to reconsider their understanding of what constitutes an assist!
    keeper punts ball down towards striker
    the ball goes 20 yards to the left of the striker as the keepers is way off his target
    defender tries to clear but kicks it towards striker who then scores
    assist for keeper as he INTENDED to pass to the striker
    JOKE

FHFC wrote: »
    Though Siggy was decent tonight. Very unlucky not to score, into great positions following into the box. Think he'll be my Puncheon guy.

he won't be getting to many assists with gomis and emnes as the strikers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

spock. wrote: »
    FPL site:

'Daniel Sturridge has been awarded the assist for the Liverpool goal as Jordan Henderson, the goal scorer, was the intended target for his pass.'

That's actually hilarious

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

That's actually hilarious

"Daniel Sturridge has been awarded the goal as the net was the intended target for his shot."

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

"Daniel Sturridge has been awarded the goal as the net was the intended target for his shot."

And Lukaku has been awarded the assist. Because Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

That "assist" is some joke. As long as my Champions Cup tie or a pay league doesn't come down to that, I won't begrudge you lads with Studge that.

km79 wrote: »
    keeper punts ball down towards striker
    the ball goes 20 yards to the left of the striker as the keepers is way off his target
    defender tries to clear but kicks it towards striker who then scores
    assist for keeper as he INTENDED to pass to the striker
    JOKE

They should probably just give them both the goal as the keeper kicked it closer to the goal than the ball was when he kicked so he obviously intended to score. Clearest joint goal decision ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

28 pts a fall in the overall rankings but threaded water in my pay leagues and another gw chalked off. Even with FHFCs sympathy assist the gap has grown;)

he won't be getting to many assists with gomis and emnes as the strikers

As opposed to Mane with he who shall not be mentioned!? :)

28 pts a fall in the overall rankings but threaded water in my pay leagues and another gw chalked off. Even with FHFCs sympathy assist the gap has grown;)

Sympathy cause of the lick of paint that denied him a goal and 3 Baps??

Ye gained 5 but I've still hauled ya back considerably over the past 3 gws.

As opposed to Mane with he who shall not be mentioned!? :)

:D
    mane is basically a striker though and BUIB is no longer in the way !
    Ill be getting siggy back in at some stage though.
    Ive more or less decided I'm going to end the season with players I like in my team. so I can really enjoy the goals they get and the games they play in and not have to secretly hope for points from those I don't :)
    siggy benteke (prob have to sell and buy back) maybe even RVP for old times sake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭shano_88

25 points. Absolute write off of a week but not too much damage done.

Im actually happy enough with most of my team for next week and have 2 free transfers to work with. Hopefully next week will be slightly better!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

30, with 1 pt coming from my gk & dfs! Thank you Giroud saving me from disaster

I've just sent a very angry poorly constructed email :D

I've just sent a very angry poorly constructed email :D

Do post it! I hope you used loads of caps to make sure they know you are VERY SERIOUS.

jimmii wrote: »
    Do post it! I hope you used loads of caps to make sure they know you are VERY SERIOUS.

please note I know all of what follows is not strictly true but I was annoyed if that assist stands ye may as well rip up the rule book.
    "His passes direction was SIGNIFICANTLY ALTERED by one deflection and then the goal resulted from a SECOND defender clearing it off Henderson
    NO ASSIST
    its the equivalent of a goalie punting the ball upfield into one corner and a defender misheading it across the pitch to a striker who scores.
    Who is to say the striker was not his INTENDED target ?
    oh wait the rulebook does not say that
    Please abide by your own rules "

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Ah the return of the dependable Sakho Bps. Makes the GW bit more respectable. Finish on 35

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sympathy cause of the lick of paint that denied him a goal and 3 Baps??

Ye gained 5 but I've still hauled ya back considerably over the past 3 gws.

Tick tock tick tock tick tock:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Ah the return of the dependable Sakho Bps. Makes the GW bit more respectable. Finish on 35

Liverpool with 7cs's out of 10:eek:

Having Skrtel in last 10 would be nice but I missed that boat:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Liverpool defence was laughed at the first part of the season. Drop Lovren and switch to 3-5-2 and they're suddenly George Graham's Arsenal reincarnated. Defender transfers are so not sexy though, maybe if they have a DGW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Disgraceful decision to award Sturridge that assist.

Once Amat touched that ball the assist was gone IMO.

forgot about Bertrand's 2 points coming in so its 37(-4)
    up ya boy ya :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I actually snorted with laughter at that :D

Having seen the goal again it's sketchy at best. If they kept shtum we could have all just gone to the Winchester, had a nice cold pint and waited for all of this to blow over :pac:

GW rank 1 to either a zombie or a season team which has made no transfers all season. Ramsey captain.

3,302,904 out of 3,472,971 players.

Wow.

However that is without Bertrand subbing in with 2, and Sturridge tomorrow.

Although the way this week has gone Sturridge will get sent off in the first minute.

Somehow my Gameweek rank has got worse after my 7 points added tonight. Holy mother of fcuk.

May that forever be a record!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

46 has put me at a GW rank of 700k. Wow. I thought it'd be higher!

• Advertisement

Somehow my Gameweek rank has got worse after my 7 points added tonight. Holy mother of fcuk.

May that forever be a record!!

Ouch! Thats pretty crazy. I had zero playing tonight and only dropped 330 places delighted with that!

Advertisement