Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 29 Matchday Thread.

Options
  • 14-03-2015 3:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭

No transfer this week, going with Aguero as (C).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭G1032

Ditto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Another -4 but whatever:

Foster
    Ivanovic Terry Bellerin
    Hazard Silva Eriksen Ozil Sterling
    Kane Aguero(c)
    (Krul PVA Zamora Bertrand)

I'll probably end up playing PVA and benching Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Schlupp IN, Jones OUT

Foster
    Terry, Bellerin, Schlupp, PVA
    Hazard, Alexis, Eriksen
    Giroud, Kane, Aguero

Green, Walters, Wollscheid, Boyd

Last remaining decision is whether to start PVA or Walters?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Foster
    PVA Wolly Bellerin
    Sanchez Hazard Silva Eriksen
    Kane Aguero Sturridge
    Myhill, Bertrand, Baird, Cork.

Transfer saved. Hoping Wolly makes it but doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Foster
    Dawson ivan Pva
    Sanchez Eriksen silva hazard
    Kane aguero austin
    Capt aguero

• Advertisement

Clean sheet odds:

Chelsea 21/20
    Arsenal 11/10
    City 6/5
    Everton 5/4
    Palace 13/10
    Leicester 11/8
    Sunderland 11/8
    WBA 29/20
    Liverpool 6/4
    Man Utd 7/4
    Stoke 2/1
    Aston Villa 21/10
    Hull 13/5
    Swansea 3/1
    Newcastle 16/5
    QPR 17/5
    Spurs 18/5
    Southampton 15/4
    Burnley 11/2
    West Ham 15/2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Foster
    Bellerin-Terry-Schlupp
    Hazard-Silva-Eriksen-Sanchez-
    Kane-Austin-Aguero(c)

Myhill-Bertrand-PVA-Boyd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Erikson or Puncheon is the only decision I have to make.

Or drop PVA, but he had a great fixture if he plays

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Foster
    Dawson Bellrin Ivan
    Hazard Ozil Silva Eriksen
    Aguero(C) Kane Sturridge

A -4 to get Ivan but that will pay itself off over next few weeks hopefully.

Bit worried about Bellrin as Wenger said he may rotate 2/3 this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I think this could be a big scoring week all right. And will be interesting to see if people who loaded up on Spurs/QPR players will be holding or folding.
    Aguero versus Giroud should be interesting too.

• Advertisement

No transfer this week as I'm quite happy with my team at the moment.

Foster
    Dawson Terry Bellerin
    Sterling Haz Sanchez Silva
    Aguero (c) Kane Giroud

Myhill Bertrand Bruce SGB

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Dónal wrote: »
    No transfer this week as I'm quite happy with my team at the moment.

Foster
    Dawson Terry Bellerin
    Sterling Haz Sanchez Silva
    Aguero (c) Kane Giroud

Myhill Bertrand Bruce SGB

Looks very good would definitely be holding with that team. Wish I had that defence I had two out injured and three playing away! I'm expecting to have a distinctly average week this week hope not to fall too far!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Foster
    Dawson Bellerin PVA
    Eriksen Sanchez Hazard Silva
    Aguero(C) Sturridge Kane

bench: Myhill, Walters Toure Berty

hopefully PVA starts this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

PVA or Schlupp to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It's funny, people who criticise the likes of the Schlupp transfer are the ones who have had someone like Clichy sitting in their team for half the season. Just because a player plays for a poor team doesn't automatically rule him out as being a good prospect.

It's funny, people who criticise the likes of the Schlupp transfer are the ones who have had someone like Clichy sitting in their team for half the season. Just because a player plays for a poor team doesn't automatically rule him out as being a good prospect.

i've had schlupp in mind since the dgw was announced, although personally i think this week is a bit early, gw33 makes more sense to me, probably to replace Bellerin who has no game that gw and who will likely be losing his place anyway (to a returning Debuchy)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

manual_man wrote: »
    i've had schlupp in mind since the dgw was announced, although personally i think this week is a bit early, gw33 makes more sense to me, probably to replace Bellerin who has no game that gw and who will likely be losing his place anyway (to a returning Debuchy)

This makes a lot of sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Myhill
    Ivanovic Terry Bellerin
    Hazard Silva Eriksen Puncheon
    Kane Aguero(c) Sturridge

Subs - Foster McAuley Bruce Boyd

Still unsure of starting Bellerin over McAuley, hopefully it pays off.

Certainly not the right move for everyone but a lot of people would be in a similar position to myself where they have Wolly and maybe another player unlikely to play and nothing in the bank so are very limited on who can be brought in. I am surprised at how many people are bringing him in when they seem to have plenty of other options.

Think a Newcastle defender could be a good shout as a Bellerin replacement too. Their last 6 fixtures are decent. I'll likely do Foster to Ospina then when West Brom's fixtures turn.

• Advertisement

Think a Newcastle defender could be a good shout as a Bellerin replacement too. Their last 6 fixtures are decent. I'll likely do Foster to Ospina then when West Brom's fixtures turn.

Don't fancy Newcastles fixtures up until GW34 their last 5 do look very nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

jimmii wrote: »
    Certainly not the right move for everyone but a lot of people would be in a similar position to myself where they have Wolly and maybe another player unlikely to play and nothing in the bank so are very limited on who can be brought in. I am surprised at how many people are bringing him in when they seem to have plenty of other options.

Yeah, my philosophy on transfers at the moment is the value of them with cancellations and DGWs means I treat every transfer like a -4. Not worth a transfer to get on the Schlupp-wagon if you've other decent options like PVA or Wolly. Wolly only missing this week if at all and has good fixtures and a better defence.

The idea of getting him for Bellerin for Arsenals blank onwards appeals though.

Currently going with 4-3-3 with Mané on the bench. Hope it doesn't come back to bite me but expecting a big performance from Chelsea tomorrow. Southampton can barely score against weaker teams so don't fancy their chances against one of the the best defences in the league.

really a lot of options, and then the double gw permutations.....

by the time gw34 rolls around, my squad could be gone from:

Foster
    Dawson Bellerin Berty PVA Toure
    Sanchez Hazard Eriksen Silva Walters
    Aguero Kane Sturridge

to:

Mignolet
    Dawson Schlupp Berty PVA Zouma
    Sanchez Hazard Oscar Silva Mahrez
    Aguero Kane Sturridge

!

And before anyone points it out i know i'm not the only one that goes weeks ahead with my possible permutations :p

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah, my philosophy on transfers at the moment is the value of them with cancellations and DGWs means I treat every transfer like a -4. Not worth a transfer to get on the Schlupp-wagon if you've other decent options like PVA or Wolly. Wolly only missing this week if at all and has good fixtures and a better defence.

The idea of getting him for Bellerin for Arsenals blank onwards appeals though.

Yeah that's how try to look at it too think of every transfer being a hit see if you still think its worth it. Most only have 11 transfers left wasting 1 or 2, if you end up taking them out again, is a very expensive thing to do. Luckily I have my WC for the dgw so can be a little more liberal in my transfers!

spock. wrote:
    I'll probably end up playing PVA and benching Sterling

Should I do it? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Who's everyone captaining? Going Aguero reluctantly myself

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Who's everyone captaining? Going Aguero reluctantly myself

yeah Aguero. i think City could wreak revenge on Burnley for the reverse fixture at the Etihad

spock. wrote: »
    Should I do it? :o

Sterling for me. When I think a decision is close I tend to favour the more attacking player. No midfielder has had more shots in the box than Sterling in the last four I think we'll see a big score from him at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

yeah Aguero. i think City could wreak revenge on Burnley for the reverse fixture at the Etihad

Aguero was pretty non existant starting alongside Bony. But I can't not captain him haha

Advertisement