Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 29 Matchday Thread.

Options
1282930313234»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭seklly

35 points lifts me 17 spots to 130th OR

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

surprised to have only dropped 15k from 34k to 49k with my 19 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

FHFC wrote: »
    On Saturday morning there were people posting breezily that it looked like being a high scoring Gameweek.

That was the start of it right there.

I really thought it would be. I still can't believe the average for that gameweek wasn't almost double what it actually ended up being.

From a defensive viewpoint, WBA, Sunderland, Chelsea, Arsenal all with nice home games and their defensive players had high ownership. Heavy-hitters Sanchez, Hazard, Silva all with kind games while Aguero, Kane, Giroud, Austin etc owners would have been very confident too.

Once Palace v QPR had finished with Puncheon and Austin doing nothing and two clean sheets down the drain, I was rubbing my hands with glee about what was to come. Then Bellerin was left out of the Arsenal side and it all went downhill from there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I was surprised that the average was that high. We have a really competitive league and the highest score was in the low 40's! Could it be that a lot of "sleeper" teams had Costa captain?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

A rise of nearly 2k places to 14k with 37 points. But my lead at the top of my money league was cut by 20 points by someone who got 55. I'm starting to think selling Giroud for Sturridge a couple of weeks ago was a mistake...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

honeybear wrote: »
    I was surprised that the average was that high. We have a really competitive league and the highest score was in the low 40's! Could it be that a lot of "sleeper" teams had Costa captain?
    Moreso that most teams with a decent value have Sanchez, Hazard, Silva, Aguero and Kane almost as a template with Chelsea and Southampton defenders to match. Thats about 6-8 players and a captain included with none of them scoring anything unless you've Ivanovic as the Chelsea defender. Only Mane and Sturridge did anything for me this week.

Whereas lower value teams can't afford all those players and have different players some of whom may have done better than the standard blanking that the above players have done this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm starting to think selling Giroud for Sturridge a couple of weeks ago was a mistake...

I sold Giroud for Sturridge in GW25 when Giroud was benched against Leicester. Since then, Giroud has scored 31 points while Sturridge has gotten 22. I'm not sure whether to reverse the transfer now or just hope that Sturridge hits the same kind of form. I suppose 9 points isn't the end of the world but at this stage of the season, these are the kind of decisions that make or break you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

I sold Giroud for Sturridge in GW25 when Giroud was benched against Leicester. Since then, Giroud has scored 31 points while Sturridge has gotten 22. I'm not sure whether to reverse the transfer now or just hope that Sturridge hits the same kind of form. I suppose 9 points isn't the end of the world but at this stage of the season, these are the kind of decisions that make or break you.

Am thinking of making one of those season changer decisions for the run in...selling Aguero who has done v little for his price lately and bringing in either Rooney or Giroud....both are playing in teams that seem to be coming into form at right time of season whereas City look mentally tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

@FantasyFootyFix Number 1 in the world was ranked 3.3 millionth for this game week, and is still 1st!

Feel a bit better now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

FHFC wrote: »
    @FantasyFootyFix Number 1 in the world was ranked 3.3 millionth for this game week, and is still 1st!

Feel a bit better now!!!

Not only that he is still 18 points clear!!

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/313/standings/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

My 21 sees me drop 14k places from 37k to 51k

Weekly ranking 3,403,352 :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Thought I scored 21. Actually 24. Phew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

47 this week.. Aguero hazard Kane Erikson with token points only and pantillimon in goal means the rest done very well for me! Had Philips (7) and Mcshane (7) both on the bench aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

29, narrowly avoided the 3 million club.
    Dropped from 225 to 275. My chances of overall victory are slipping away :pac:

Advertisement