Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who hire hookers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

lavdad wrote: »
    The point is, women never have to deal with true involuntary celibacy. Sure some women may feel sexually unsatisfied, but they have options they are failing to choose. They cannot relate to the experience of having strong sexual desires without having any possible outlet.

Ehh, that just shows how much you know, or to be more accurate - how much you don't know.

Women experience this 'voluntary celibacy'* as much as men. They have just as strong sexual desires as men, and can find too a shortage of outlets for their sexual frustration.

*I refuse to use the word 'involuntary' in the context you're using it, because if you're able to visit a sex worker, celibacy is never involuntary. Being lazy and unwilling to make an effort to improve your circumstances is a choice in that circumstance. You wanting to have sex with people who do not want to have sex with you, it is your choice to indulge in self-imposed celibacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Baby Jane

nokia69 wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle

yeah its the Pareto principle, I don't know if its exactly 80-20 but its clear that a smaller number of men have sex with a larger number of women

but don't tell that to the feminists, they think men and women are the same
    College study eh? Funny how college studies about rape statistics aren't taken so seriously. ;)

(I don't put stock in those studies either by the way, but it seems a bit selective).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

The point is, women never have to deal with true involuntary celibacy. Sure some women may feel sexually unsatisfied, but they have options they are failing to choose. They cannot relate to the experience of having strong sexual desires without having any possible outlet.

While this is obviously a reason for a lot of men to visit prostitutes, studies have found that the majority of men who pay for sex are in relationships and are sexually satisfied with those relationships. For many men, there is clearly more to it then simply a fulfilling sexual desires for which they have no outlet.
    A frequent assumption about why men purchase sex acts is that they are single, lonely or have an unsatisfactory sexual relationship with their partner. Research findings from surveys and interviews of men who purchase sex act indicate that this may be an incorrect assumption for many men.
    The majority of men surveyed or interviewed in the studies reviewed were married or had a steady partner (57%,51 59%,52 70%53). In these studies, at least half of the men had families. A survey of 495 men arrested for soliciting in Vancouver, Canada, found that 53 percent of the men had children, and of those who did not currently have children, 85 percent said they planned to in the future.54
    According to a U.S. study, 80 percent of the men who had been caught soliciting a sex act said that their marriage or steady relationship was sexually satisfying.55

http://www.uri.edu/artsci/wms/hughes/demand_sex_trafficking.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

Women experience this 'voluntary celibacy'* as much as men.

I doubt it

They have just as strong sexual desires as men, and can find too a shortage of outlets for their sexual frustration.

no

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭lavdad

Ehh, that just shows how much you know, or to be more accurate - how much you don't know.

Women experience this 'voluntary celibacy'* as much as men. They have just as strong sexual desires as men, and can find too a shortage of outlets for their sexual frustration.

Total nonsense and a result of feminist thinking i.e. gender denial becoming mainstream and/or a woman impersonating a man using an evidently male username.

Women do not have as strong sexual desires as men. If this were the case, and your other assertion about women experiencing involuntary celibacy were true, you'd have 1,000+ male prostitutes in this country and unlike now, some of them would have the luxury of not habving to advertise as bi or gay to avoid starving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 jbtarmac121

Saralee4 wrote: »
    You feel entitled to a 'stunning' above average woman but what have you to offer her?

I don't know where I said I felt "entitled" to a stunning looking girl. I have said I know my level and date on that level. I was saying that your "go up and create sexual tension" advice was unlikely to work because as you say "what have I got to offer", clearly we are not on the same level lookswise and for many women the door closes there.

I'm dating girls on my looks level as I've said time and time again as I got sick of being harshly rejected by the prettier ones. The one time I found a very rare one (who told me she felt sorry for me initially and gave me a chance based on that), the relationship dynamic was very much lopsided in her favour powerwise and I had to put up with a lot of irrational and disrespectful behaviour because of it. So for simpler, easier relationships, I do indeed date girls on my level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Yes it works just like a marketplace where women are the one's already having something and looking to profit from it and men are the one's lacking something and looking to attain it. But women often tend to deny this and say men and women are equal and cry about double standards which aren't double standard because it's two different, in fact opposite, sets of behaviors in the equation.

Absolutely,do you ever notice how discussions of relationships/dating mostly focus on how men can learn to do whatever the hell it is that women like,you see it all the time here on boards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Pleasurable Pursuit

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    While this is obviously a reason for a lot of men to visit prostitutes, studies have found that the majority of men who pay for sex are in relationships and are sexually satisfied with those relationships. For many men, there is clearly more to it then simply a fulfilling sexual desires for which they have no outlet.

I believe men have sex with prostitutes to fulfill secure desires, for most men they have a deep desire to have seen with numerous diverse women. A man in a monogamous relationship by definition can not satisfy this desire.

You feel entitled to a 'stunning' above average woman but what have you to offer her?

I don't know where I said I felt "entitled" to a stunning looking girl. I have said I know my level and date on that level. I was saying that your "go up and create sexual tension" advice was unlikely to work because as you say "what have I got to offer", clearly we are not on the same level lookswise and for many women the door closes there.

I'm dating girls on my looks level as I've said time and time again as I got sick of being harshly rejected by the prettier ones. The one time I found a very rare one (who told me she felt sorry for me initially and gave me a chance based on that), the relationship dynamic was very much lopsided in her favour powerwise and I had to put up with a lot of irrational and disrespectful behaviour because of it. So for simpler, easier relationships, I do indeed date girls on my level and the stunning ones I pay for.

Exactly. This is why hookers are a very good thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Total nonsense and a result of feminist thinking i.e. gender denial becoming mainstream and/or a woman impersonating a man using an evidently male username.

Women do not have as strong sexual desires as men. If this were the case, and your other assertion about women experiencing involuntary celibacy were true, you'd have 1,000+ male prostitutes in this country and unlike now, some of them would have the luxury of not habving to advertise as bi or gay to avoid starving.

Just because a woman does not react the same way as a man does not mean they do not experience strong sexual desires.

your views of women come across as very negative and out of touch. it sounds very much like you feel hard done by and it is you against women not trying to find a way to relate to them at all.

no offense to you but I have to say it comes across as someone who knows nothing about women but thinks he knows everything.

Just because a woman does not react the same way as a man does not mean they do not experience strong sexual desires.

your views of women come across as very negative and out of touch. it sounds very much like you feel hard done by and it is you against women not trying to find a way to relate to them at all.

no offense to you but I have to say it comes across as someone who knows nothing about women but thinks he knows everything.

strong sexual desires vs the same sexual libido as a man

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Pleasurable Pursuit

I remember reading about a female bodybuilder I think who took testosterone injections, she couldn'the believe how string her sexual desire became. She remarked that she couldn't live like that and didn't know how men could put up with the constant sexual desire.

Women have deep sexual desires especially during ovulation, but due to the much lower levels of testosterone it is far less for most of the month generally speaking and on average.

nokia69 wrote: »
    I doubt it

Interesting twist on the principle of "seeing is believing", now "NOT seeing is believing". Really?

Or is it that you're simply ignoring evidence which doesn't suit your world view?

no

And then you wonder how would you be tricked into believing that women who are sex workers are better at sex than women who are not sex workers, or is it that only the average woman has a low libido and women who are sex workers only loooooove sex.

I can tell you're already rolling your eyes and thinking "Nope!" :p;)

What a total and utter logical fallacy. Just because a man has a sexual outlet in the form of a single partner with whom to have sexual relations with, does not mean this is necessarily adequate for him. It's practically common sense that men naturally feel an urge to seek out multiple sex partners rather than feeling totally and permanently satisfied because they attain sex with a single woman. This easily explains why men would seek out prostitutes while having a significant other. What was the reason you thought explained why? That they were patriarchally manufactured monsters whose basic nature is to love to dominate, feel power and control over women? (total feminist nonsense).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

What a total and utter logical fallacy. Just because a man has a sexual outlet in the form of a single partner with whom to have sexual relations with, does not mean this is necessarily adequate for him. It's practically common sense that men naturally feel an urge to seek out multiple sex partners rather than feeling totally and permanently satisfied because they attain sex with a single woman. This easily explains why men would seek out prostitutes while having a significant other. What was the reason you thought explained why? That they were patriarchally manufactured monsters whose basic nature is to love to dominate, feel power and control over women? (total feminist nonsense).
    Why dont they just stay single if one woman isnt enough?

I never said they did, I said they had inferior levels of sexual desire to men. This is common sense to anyone but those who wish to deny the obvious and inherent differences between the genders.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

You were the one that mentioned 'enforced celibacy' as a reason. I was just pointing out that this is most often not the case

Colser wrote: »
    Why dont they just stay single if one woman isnt enough?

Because often times for men being single means no sexual options whatsoever. It's not surprising you equate staying single with having the option of more than one partner because you're female, but for men it's the reverse, staying single means less than one partner.

You were the one that mentioned 'enforced celibacy' as a reason. I was just pointing out that this is most often not the case

You said "there is clearly more to it then simply a fulfilling sexual desires for which they have no outlet" what more to it is there? What did you mean by that?

• Advertisement

I'm not sure which part of the above couldn't be further from the truth, but it's sure funny as fcuk! :D

Far from feminism I came, and I have no interest in such nonsense. It's become a fragmented meaningless ideology that has been owned by anyone who simply chooses to self-identify as 'a feminist', whatever that term means to them personally.

As for the idea that I'm a woman impersonating a man, well, perhaps it's because I disagree with your perspective that you assume I must be a woman. That says more about the way you think than it says anything about me.

How do you know there aren't?

Perhaps they don't have to advertise as their reputation precedes them. Then again, I always said word of mouth is the best form of advertising. If their business model is not financially viable, then they should consider a change of career to avoid starving. When you're self-employed, it's incumbent upon you to know your market so you're not swallowed up by the competition.

A reason, A. You said "there is clearly more to it then simply a fulfilling sexual desires for which they have no outlet" what more to it is there? What did you mean by that?

Interesting twist on the principle of "seeing is believing", now "NOT seeing is believing". Really?

Or is it that you're simply ignoring evidence which doesn't suit your world view?

And then you wonder how would you be tricked into believing that women who are sex workers are better at sex than women who are not sex workers, or is it that only the average woman has a low libido and women who are sex workers only loooooove sex.

I can tell you're already rolling your eyes and thinking "Nope!" :p;)

there have been plenty of studies on differences between men and womens sex drive and they all tell the same story

http://suzigodson.com/2014/01/gender-differences-in-sex-drive-nothing-is-accidental/

and its clear to anyone except some feminists that its far easier for a woman to find a partner than a man

so I doubt that there are an equal number of involuntary celibate woman as men, and I know for a fact that there is a difference between man and women's libido

facts will always trump ideology

Because often times for men being single means no sexual options whatsoever. It's not surprising you equate staying single with having the option of more than one partner because you're female, but for men it's the reverse, staying single means less than one partner.
    You equated the fact that having a partner is not sufficient sexually for a man ..really? Thats very enlightening to a lot of women Id say...call off the weddings girls:rolleyes:

I'm not sure which part of the above couldn't be further from the truth, but it's sure funny as fcuk! :D

Far from feminism I came, and I have no interest in such nonsense. It's become a fragmented meaningless ideology that has been owned by anyone who simply chooses to self-identify as 'a feminist', whatever that term means to them personally.

As for the idea that I'm a woman impersonating a man, well, perhaps it's because I disagree with your perspective that you assume I must be a woman. That says more about the way you think than it says anything about me.

How do you know there aren't?

Perhaps they don't have to advertise as their reputation precedes them. Then again, I always said word of mouth is the best form of advertising. If their business model is not financially viable, then they should consider a change of career to avoid starving. When you're self-employed, it's incumbent upon you to know your market so you're not swallowed up by the competition.

Are you seriously trying to claim there are any significant quantity whatsoever of male-for-female prositututes out there?

Colser wrote: »
    You equated the fact that having a partner is not sufficient sexually for a man ..really? Thats very enlightening to a lot of women Id say...call off the weddings girls:rolleyes:

Why do so many of the fairer sex on this thread having so much difficulty in comprehending that not all statements are absolutes. I never said ALL men, I only implicated some. Why must you misrepresent what I say? Another did it just a few short minutes before you in the exact same fashion.

Why do so many of the fairer sex on this thread having so much difficulty in comprehending that not all statements are absolutes. I never said ALL men, I only implicated some. Why must you misrepresent what I say? Another did it just a few short minutes before you in the exact same fashion.
    Did you not say that for men staying single meant having less than one partner??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Well a quick search of escort Ireland will show that the vast majority of escorts are female, and the ones that are male tend to cater to the gays. With regards to the whole involuntary celibacy, not only are there a hell of a lot of escorts, but there are a hell of a lot of sex dolls too. Some of the dolls go for about 3 grand. Neither route is cheap. Then there's the auld conventional route of going out and finding a girl who is willing to sleep with them for free. For some poor souls, that may be all but impossible.

they seen to have a serious problem with a general or average claim

for example, if I say that on average men are taller than women, one of them will then claim its not true because the know one woman who is 8 feet tall, and they never met a man that tall

its very strange

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Well a quick search of escort Ireland will show that the vast majority of escorts are female, and the ones that are male tend to cater to the gays. With regards to the whole involuntary celibacy, not only are there a hell of a lot of escorts, but there are a hell of a lot of sex dolls too. Some of the dolls go for about 3 grand. Neither route is cheap. Then there's the auld conventional route of going out and finding a girl who is willing to sleep with them for free. For some poor souls, that may be all but impossible.

maybe the women are using vibrators?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement