Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quickest way to lose 7lbs...

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

If you want to lose weight you stop eating, simple as that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

catallus wrote: »

I'm always impressed with how much weight people lose on that 'Naked and Afraid' survival show. And they're only outdoors for 21 days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

So many great theories - I checked the link and it said
    Eat all the fruit you want except Banana.
    which is enough to tell me it's utter BS. There is no such thing as "empty calories" and getting your energy from junk food is *exactly* the same as getting it from anything else, although the additives probably won't do you a lot of good.

The reality is that you need to consume an amount of food such that the energy you get is less than the energy you burn. And that's it. If you do some exercise, you'll burn more energy than if you don't. If you eat like a pig, the balance will be in the wrong direction. So find the point where you start losing weight and stop eating more than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

catallus wrote: »

Starvation starts tonight!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

Stop eating Macdonalds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Ketogenic diet mixed with intermittent fasting. Simple.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

In the freezer here, there are 9 boxes of ice-cream and five boxes of pizzas, dinner can be a whole pizza for this person.They're not mine. The person who owns them came home yesterday with a tub of fcuking Slim Fast.

Does drinking a slim fast shake cancel out a pizza?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If you go the to the equator then you will weigh less because the earth is spinning.

To loose 7Lbs you would need an initial weight of 925Kg though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

In the freezer here, there are 9 boxes of ice-cream and five boxes of pizzas, dinner can be a whole pizza for this person.They're not mine. The person who owns them came home yesterday with a tub of fcuking Slim Fast.

Does drinking a slim fast shake cancel out a pizza?

Same as a diet coke will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

A forearm probably weighs about 7lb.Or drugs,a good 4 day bender and that pesky half stone will fall away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Sh1t your leg off

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Sulfur hexafluoride is an inert gas with a density of 6.17 kg/m³

If you weighed 85Kg and stepped into a diving chamber which was then filled with this gas and the pressure raised to six atmospheres you'd loose the 7 Lbs.

And you'd have a deeper voice than Barry White

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I'm getting some mad ads now thanks to this thread.

Ads?

Where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

bpmurray wrote: »
    So many great theories - I checked the link and it said

which is enough to tell me it's utter BS. There is no such thing as "empty calories" and getting your energy from junk food is *exactly* the same as getting it from anything else, although the additives probably won't do you a lot of good.

The reality is that you need to consume an amount of food such that the energy you get is less than the energy you burn. And that's it. If you do some exercise, you'll burn more energy than if you don't. If you eat like a pig, the balance will be in the wrong direction. So find the point where you start losing weight and stop eating more than that.

Which is heavier? A ton of steel or a ton of feathers?

syklops wrote: »
    Which is heavier? A ton of steel or a ton of feathers?
    An pound of feathers is heavier than a pound of gold but an ounce of feathers is heavier than an ounce of gold

*hugs* metric system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,089 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

6 years between the OP's question and your advice @Mandy222 . Not exactly the quickest way to lose 7lbs in all fairness. That's only an average of a bit over a pound a year.

edit: Now Mandy222’s post is gone and I’m the one looking like I resurrected a random zombie thread for no good reason.

Post edited by Gregor Samsa on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

Become a coeliac. I lost nearly three stone in a few months when my intestines stopped cooperating with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Jeremy Sproket

7 lbs ?? What are these archaic measurements and why do most Irish people insist on using them.

That's roughly 3 kg according to Google. It's extremely easy to lose if you just focus.

I love my meat, but I dropped 10 kg from avoiding animal products and only having rashers, eggs, etc. once every two weeks as a treat.

As a rule, avoid meat, dairy, eggs and saturated fats. If you must eat meat, stick to lean poultry and/or fish. Drink lots of water. Go for a brisk 30 minute power walk every day religiously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭AllForIt

In regards the hand job - how many reps and sets do you recommend?

• Advertisement

Donate 7 pints of blood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Why not just eat a 7lb Turkey. Then few hrs later do a 14lb sh1t. That should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Matthew McConaughey lost 2.5 lbs a week for Dallas Buyers Club by eating 5 ounces of fish for lunch and dinner, small amounts of vegetables with each meal, and egg whites for breakfast. His daily treat would be a small amount of tapioca pudding. Did not even need to exercise on that diet.

Not to be recommended OP!

Advertisement