Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 21st Feb

Options

Comments

Feckin Tap Night!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

6/1 with Boyles yesterday he's now 5/2 favourite for the CC. Love the horse but madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Shemale wrote: »
    Lol, that pig will never win anything by 15 lengths and/or hard held.

Melodic looks a bet going to double with Far West against pig

Dunno what the winning distance was but looked easy enough to me , won by what he wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

akelly02 wrote: »
    Dunno what the winning distance was but looked easy enough to me , won by what he wanted.

Put your house on him so, he was 5 fences from hard held beating a horse that was probably carrying too much weight for his ability with his main rival not going a yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Far West didnt go a yard, he beats a potentially regressing horse and now he is nailed on for the Champion.

RajdanI Express could go well in pieces here

mod edit: <snip> Please be careful how you reply to posts Gave 20 pounds to the second, that was a top top performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Rajhdani ran and jumped well today before stamina gave way,interesting to see if he goes for the Handicap over 2m5 or Ryanair at Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Put your house on him so, he was 5 fences from hard held beating a horse that was probably carrying too much weight for his ability with his main rival not going a yard.

I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭faoile@n

Far West didnt go a yard, he beats a potentially regressing horse and now he is nailed on for the Champion.
    Before we go any further, do you know that today was a handicap and he was giving lumps of weight away to the field?

Not for a second suggesting it was a champion chase winning performance but was impressive enough all the same and a significant step forward from the slat day :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Rajhdani ran and jumped well today before stamina gave way,interesting to see if he goes for the Handicap over 2m5 or Ryanair at Cheltenham.

Neither I'd guess. Topham at Aintree would be perfect for him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Any idea what happens done double and trebles with a winner, loser and a non runner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Any idea what happens done double and trebles with a winner, loser and a non runner.

Just left with 1 winning single

faoile@n wrote: »
    Before we go any further, do you know that today was a handicap and he was giving lumps of weight away to the field?

Of course I do.
    Clueless. Gave 20 pounds to the second, that was a top top performance.

Lol, I am hoping the suggestion isn't that Grey Gold is in anyway a creditable form line, he ran well the last time, in November 134 rated Croco Boy beat Grey Gold 28L in receipt of 18lbs in a 10 runner handicap, is this really a stick to measure SDG today? If Far West ran his race and SDG beat him the form would have some credibility.

It was a far better run from SDG he travelled better than lto but people wetting themselves over it is really really silly.

Turning in I thought I would be collecting, trip too far for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭mountai

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I LOVE YOU!

Thanks Hun.!!!! I always thought this horse had a touch of class and since leaving Charles Byrnes stable , has been difficult to train on. Knew he had a big handicap in him , behind Shotgun Paddy in Chelt last year , but huge turn around in weights today. Will watch him with interest when the weights come out for Scottish GN.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

It was a far better run from SDG he travelled better than lto but people wetting themselves over it is really really silly.

Nobody is wetting themselves so please don't make stuff up to help your silly bias towards SDG. The performance puts him right up there with a great chance of a repeat win. imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

If Sire De Grungy can come on for a second run, Sprinter may too

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    Nobody is wetting themselves so please don't make stuff up to help your silly bias towards SDG. The performance puts him right up there with a great chance of a repeat win. imo

Read the comments before pitching in, as you quoted I said it was a good performance. I said before his reappearance that I didn't think he had a shout in the CC and I still don't think he will be competitive.
    Clueless. Gave 20 pounds to the second, that was a top top performance.

Call me old fashioned but a top top performance is UDS lto, Sprinter Sacre smashing Sizing Europe 20 lengths, Denman winning the Hennessy off top weight.

Nulty wrote: »
    If Sire De Grungy can come on for a second run, Sprinter may too

Exactly, you would swear the run today had the pig ahead of SS on all known form.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Read the comments before pitching in, as you quoted I said it was a good performance. I said before his reappearance that I didn't think he had a shout in the CC and I still don't think he will be competitive.

I did read them and i saw ONE mention of a top performance which is hardly someone "wetting themselves". You take things out of context to suit your ridiculous bias towards SDG. So he still won't be competitive? :rolleyes:

Call me old fashioned but a top top performance is UDS lto, Sprinter Sacre smashing Sizing Europe 20 lengths, Denman winning the Hennessy off top weight.

I'd say that's as old fashioned as you get. Seriously.

Right you know I wasn't comparing the win to those mentioned above.
    With regards the 2mile chasing division this season, it was one of the best imo.
    Ss could of course come on.. But that's an unknown and plenty of experts don't fancy it happening.
    We shall see..

Ultimately the one fact here is your description of Sire De grugy as a pig is laughable, verging on the embarrassing. On that, I don't think anyone would disagree with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Exactly, you would swear the run today had the pig ahead of SS on all known form.

I don't understand your dislike bordering on hatred for a horse especially if you love horse racing, it's actually not normal. I have horses i never took too but your just embarrassing yourself calling SDG a pig.

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    I did read them and i saw ONE mention of a top performance which is hardly someone "wetting themselves". You take things out of context to suit your ridiculous bias towards SDG. So he still won't be competitive? :rolleyes:

I'd say that's as old fashioned as you get. Seriously.

How am I taking "top top performance" out of context, either it's a top top performance, it's a very good or it's a good performance. As for old, you mean the Champion Chase less than 2 years ago, you probably see top top performances every week, I don't

I am on record saying I don't fancy him for the Champion before he saw a course, I said before today I was going to take him on but Far West never ran his race.

You were conspicuous by your absence when I called him a pig BEFORE the race, nice of you to pitch in with your thoughts AFTER the "top top performance".

Maybe you consider Croco Boys beating of Grey Gold top top too just to suit your bias towards SDG.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dickenson famous5

Fancy Big River last race newc 7-1 nice ew punt should have won ptp only for error two out, track nice and stiff to help him

Went out to 12s took 8s just my luck ran well to be 2nd place money will want a trip when it goes hurdling

Right you know I wasn't comparing the win to those mentioned above.
    With regards the 2mile chasing division this season, it was one of the best imo.

Ss could of course come on.. But that's an unknown and plenty of experts don't fancy it happening.
    We shall see..

I wasn't being smart, top top to me is one of those performances. He did it nicely but it's very hard to judge, I still don't think he will win the Champion Chase, he would need to do a lot more than today to convince me.

SS will only need 4/5 lbs improvement to beat SDG imo, he could improve a hell of a lot more, I think Bullets will beat SDG too.
    Ultimately the one fact here is your description of Sire De grugy as a pig is laughable, verging on the embarrassing. On that, I don't think anyone would disagree with me.
    Nuts102 wrote: »
    I don't understand your dislike bordering on hatred for a horse especially if you love horse racing, it's actually not normal. I have horses i never took too but your just embarrassing yourself calling SDG a pig.

Oink oink lads.

I don't fancy him for the champion and think he got lucky last year, pig was hyperbole that got a reaction a few months ago so why not keep it going?:cool:

Maybe you consider Croco Boys beating of Grey Gold top top too just to suit your bias towards SDG.

Keep reverting back to one race... how very simple.
    Check out his run before that over C & D for example and have a look at how that race has worked out.
    I've just had a good look myself and I'd now say SDG's performance today might have been better than I thought earlier today.

I wasn't being smart, top top to me is one of those performances. He did it nicely but it's very hard to judge, I still don't think he will win the Champion Chase, he would need to do a lot more than today to convince me.

SS will only need 4/5 lbs improvement to beat SDG imo, he could improve a hell of a lot more, I think Bullets will beat SDG too.

Oink oink lads, ever heard of a bit of trolling.

I don't fancy him for the champion and think he got lucky last year, pig was hyperbole that got a reaction a few months ago so why not keep it going?:cool:

He wouldn't have to do a lot more.

Oink Oink.. hilarious man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

Johner wrote: »
    Was really impressed with Beltor on hurdles debut and the form of that race looks strong with the 2nd and 3rd bolting up next time out. Backed him tomorrow at 11/4, think it should be fav. 2.00 Kempton.

Could be a the triumph horse that I've been waiting on. What a shout

Keep reverting back to one race... how very simple.
    Check out his run before that over C & D for example and have a look at how that race has worked out.
    I've just had a good look myself and I'd now say SDG's performance today might have been better than I thought earlier today.

If you are talking about Upsilon Bleu didnt Mr Mole just piss all over him as easy as he liked?

If you think Grey Golds form is that good and he ran to his mark then SDG obviously ran 179 leaving Sprinter Sacre a stone to find on his ladt run.

If SDG was that good today why is he still 4/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Main Sequence (drugged up to the eyeballs of course) running at 9:30, only 4/7 but hard to see him get beat.

• Advertisement

If you are talking about Upsilon Bleu didnt Mr Mole just piss all over him as easy as he liked?

If you think Grey Golds form is that good and he ran to his mark then SDG obviously ran 179 leaving Sprinter Sacre a stone to find on his ladt run.

If SDG was that good today why is he still 4/1

Mr mole gave him two pounds...

I don't think it's particularly good, but it justifies his mark of 152- therefore SDG winning by 7 lengths plus 20 pounds has SDG on mod 170s imo. That suggests to me he'll be hard to beat.
    Plenty of places are shorter. Not backing though.

Advertisement