Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 21st Feb

Options
  • 20-02-2015 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭

Was really impressed with Beltor on hurdles debut and the form of that race looks strong with the 2nd and 3rd bolting up next time out. Backed him tomorrow at 11/4, think it should be fav. 2.00 Kempton.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Only one horse tomorrow for myself as I got word for Portrait King in the Eider at Newcastle is really fancied to go close, won the race in 2012 with O'Regan on board again.

Obviously a tough race to win and a big field so gonna go ew at 8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Only one horse tomorrow for myself as I got word for Portrait King in the Eider at Newcastle is really fancied to go close, won the race in 2012 with O'Regan on board again.

Good luck. Like him myself. Had a nice prep last time out and i had him in 2012 when he hacked up,hopefully does so again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Post 400. lets make it a winner.

Lingfield 4 00. Shaunas spirit 10/1. Ran really well the last day off 2 lbs higher. Has won off a mark of 70 a year ago 10lbs lower now. I priced her at 5s or 6s. Did not expect to get a double figure price. 3 pts win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

like the look of Rivellino in the Listed race at Lingfield, was only beaten a head last year and is officially rated 6lb higher this year.

Tap night cheekpieces step up in trip nice racingweight. Good ew price festival might b d plan but will have to run well to guarantee his spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Also received word for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭mountai

If the Favourite is 6/1 and fancied , then Milborough at 20/1 must be the one to back EW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Tap night cheekpieces step up in trip nice racingweight. Good ew price festival might b d plan but will have to run well to guarantee his spot

All over this one. Today will be his day.
    Also like Mclernons bookings Josies orders and Andy kelly (Nap)

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dickenson famous5

Fancy Big River last race newc 7-1 nice ew punt should have won ptp only for error two out, track nice and stiff to help him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Got a bit of a word for Teo Vivo in the 2.20 at Newcastle, 7/2 co fav

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Schecter01

Yeah hopefully, 11/4 sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Citizenship is one of the best handicapped horses in England keep an eye on him today he's running in the opener at Kempton over half a mile too far. Will be firing him back to two

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Sire de grugy at anywhere near evens is buying money.

akelly02 wrote: »

Heavy ground and small horse giving tonnes of weight away after coming down on his only run this season.
    Watching brief for me. Hopefully wins but i wouldn't be surprised if he came down again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Giving massive weight to decent animals, on bad ground, having jumped like he had a physical issue only two weeks ago? Wouldn't back with counterfeit

Heavy ground and small horse giving tonnes of weight away after coming down on his only run this season.
    Watching brief for me. Hopefully wins but i wouldn't be surprised if he came down again

How big is he, doesnt look small to me! he wont mind that ground once its not bottomless imo

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Giving massive weight to decent animals, on bad ground, having jumped like he had a physical issue only two weeks ago? Wouldn't back with counterfeit

Ahh thanks your after puttin me off him now! watch him win by 15 hard held now

In these situations i think it's best to avoid imo. Fair enough there's a chance he could hack up but there's plenty of question marks to not get too annoyed about missing evens i think!?
    Maybe i'm imagining it but when i seen him in the parade ring at Cheltenham last year i thought he was pretty small,not a Hurricane Fly kind of small but not a big strapping big arsed chaser that i'd associate with lugging big weights.

Back him if you want. Your money, your decision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Like the look of most of nicholls runners at kempton especially rocky creek. Will stick something on champagne chaser for tim vaughan in first at chepstow looks a very weak race imo.

• Advertisement

Like the look of most of nicholls runners at kempton especially rocky creek. Will stick something on champagne chaser for tim vaughan in first at chepstow looks a very weak race imo.

Surely Rocky Creek will need the run, no?

Johner wrote: »
    Was really impressed with Beltor on hurdles debut and the form of that race looks strong with the 2nd and 3rd bolting up next time out. Backed him tomorrow at 11/4, think it should be fav. 2.00 Kempton.

Impressive again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Only listening on commentary but sounded impressive.

Hell of a performance :eek:,possible winner of the Triumph perhaps,no joking that was excellent if he learns to settle

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

TheTorment wrote: »
    Impressive again.

Took 50s yesterday for the Triumph, looks a serious serious horse.

Johner wrote: »
    Took 50s yesterday for the Triumph, looks a serious serious horse.

Very nice docket to have now!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

TheTorment wrote: »
    Very nice docket to have now!

Still looks very raw but huge ability.

Trainer said after last race that may skip Triumph for Aintree. Today might have changed his mind however

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Good stuff Johner.

Just waiting on Teo Vivo for a little double.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Lol, that pig will never win anything by 15 lengths and/or hard held.

Melodic looks a bet going to double with Far West against pig

Advertisement