Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭bluetop

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Thanks, never knew that. Just another piece of ignorance by them.

The part in bold by me: Sorry but I was not aware that I would be subjected to this!
    As for the comms room: nightmares man; I didn't sleep right for nights after one incident with the comms-room; praying to God I dealt with the incident okay. I was never supposed to be on my own in there, especially when 999-calls do come in! If anything did come back, I'm sure the full-time rostered on for there would've covered knowing I wasn't supposed to be in there on-my-own with limited pulse-access; no info of who was who; what was where; or who to contact when... :mad:

I wonder what they actually see for the GardaReserves though: As Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Kerry i love that link reminds me off so much we have all put up with and for for what, ya get no thanks not that i want it but its nice to know we are part of a team not a ohh they can do nothing but walk around like a statue, if only the shoe was on the other foot they might have a clue what its like, its thru no fault of the reserves they cant do anything they have done the up-skilling as i have said 13mts ago and have got nothing in return, some GR are left sitting around twiddling their thumbs all night they might as well be at home, and if you are lucky to be out mobile all they want to do is dump you at the first chance they get, now i have to say they are not all like that from what i have seen but there are many.

As for doing anything unfortunately we are a selfish bunch when it comes to doing anything, its the old motto im all right jack f**k you why should i risk what i have to help you fight your corner, the problem is they would also be helping themselves and future reserves coming along, all i have to say is thank god some of the reserves got FT this will help no matter how small these people will remember what it was like for them.

Kerry everything in this world is a nod and a wink and no matter what industry you go into more times than not people are related in some way so bullying does happen and the head is turned the other way, you have two choices and no matter what one you take you will lose out report it and be shuned and might as well leave or the second is just leave there is no third option anywhere as far as i would be concerned as the old saying goes you cant do right for doing wrong. chin up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Thanks, never knew that. Just another piece of ignorance by them.

The part in bold by me: Sorry but I was not aware that I would be subjected to this!
    As for the comms room: nightmares man; I didn't sleep right for nights after one incident with the comms-room; praying to God I dealt with the incident okay. I was never supposed to be on my own in there, especially when 999-calls do come in! If anything did come back, I'm sure the full-time rostered on for there would've covered knowing I wasn't supposed to be in there on-my-own with limited pulse-access; no info of who was who; what was where; or who to contact when... :mad:

I wonder what they actually see for the GardaReserves though: As Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Kerry,

It saddens me to hear about your bullying experience in the reserves,

I hope you have come out the better after it,

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Still can't call it a joke though,
    kerry4sam

I am a Reserve, from the get go it has been only what I can describe as a joke. Left waiting months/years on reply's, no leadership of Reserves, no one in AGS interested in us, compared to other professions and asked why don't they have reserves, still no public order powers years on which could see us utilised more. I don't have a problem with members I get along fine with most people in my station that's not the joke. Then the recruitment drive? That just left everyone with there jaws dropped.

I too just like you was asked to drive a car back the station, thankfully a full time member just offered to drive it back. Anyway I don't get sour over it I just get on with it in the hope it will one day change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

bluetop wrote: »
    they either need to make the reserve force fit for purpose or just scrap it.

That is my thoughts on it and i am sure there is lots and lots that would be of the same opinion.

Totally agree, either make it fit for purpose or scrap it.

TallGlass wrote: »
    I am a Reserve, from the get go it has been only what I can describe as a joke. Left waiting months/years on reply's, no leadership of Reserves, no one in AGS interested in us, compared to other professions and asked why don't they have reserves, still no public order powers years on which could see us utilised more. I don't have a problem with members I get along fine with most people in my station that's not the joke. Then the recruitment drive? That just left everyone with there jaws dropped.

I too just like you was asked to drive a car back the station, thankfully a full time member just offered to drive it back. Anyway I don't get sour over it I just get on with it in the hope it will one day change.

hi tall glass,

interesting comments,thanks for the insight!

how far did you get in the recruitment drive? and how long are you a GR?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

anyone think there will be classes this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭coolock94

i think there will be I will ring them up next week to ask about my BR form and classes for the year.

even if there is I'm sure we won't be on that list coolock lol

speak for yourself I only have the one check left to complete ha

one check , so 2019 ul be in , ;) be 2027 for me lol

• Advertisement

dont put your life on hold for it lads aswell tho

I'm going back to college took a year out hoping I'd get called bigger fool me , I'd say I could get a call maybe next year but I'll be to busy to take it and sort of lost interest now.

I'm still working away, I check every month on my BR form.

I rang 2day they said my vetting is done , bit no intakes dates have been set yet.

How the feck are your forms cleared before mine. Said with absolutely no jealousy what so ever..... W*nker
    haha fair play mate

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

coolock94 wrote: »
    How the feck are your forms cleared before mine. Said with absolutely no jealousy what so ever ...... W*nker.

Maybe because your inclined to post AGS correspondence and swear at people on public internet forums?

I'm clearly joking lighten up, me and runner have talked before about our wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

I'm clearly joking lighten up, me and runner have talked before about our wait.

You've possibly shot yourself in the foot by posting correspondence containing your name here. Social media scares management and they do keep a close eye on it.

Ya I'm not sure coolock why, I think I sent mine off few months before you mite have something ta do with it , I won't be happy till I get a medical date.

Im delighted for you mate, at least one of us is on the move. I read in another thread people suggesting that due to the people dropping out of the reserves that it would be forgotten about. I can't see that myself as far as I'm concerned there is a big waiting list of people who are eager to join.

• Advertisement

I don't have any correspondents up on this site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

I don't have any correspondents up on this site.

We know wat your lovely eyes are like, v distinctive 😂

how long ago did u send the forms off coolock?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Alan94

I sent the forms off last March.

So chatting to a garda today and from what he has herd he said there not going to be classes of reserves till 2017. surprised there not even going to do one .

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    So chatting to a garda today and from what he has herd he said there not going to be classes of reserves till 2017. surprised there not even going to do one .

It was on the new today that a huge intake will take place this year and that new powers will be introduced

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

Alan94 wrote: »
    It was on the new today that a huge intake will take place this year and that new powers will be introduced

And which news would that be ?

A.G.S wrote: »
    And which news would that be ?

IT was on 98fm news earlier, however I can't find any follow up articles

It's on RTE news they will now have powers in issuing penelty points and issuing a summons along with more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

Alan94 wrote: »
    It's on RTE news they will now have powers in issuing penelty points and issuing a summons along with more

here you go man:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0219/681492-garda-reserve/

There was no mention of public order powers the powers that are most needed!

Advertisement