Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - Friday The 13th!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Saw it there. She'll be identified quite easily by family or friends. The shadowing out wasn't particularly clear - her rotund body shape etc. coupled with her name shouldn't be too difficult.

edited out of the rte player now.

weird thread tonight. most of the regulars peering through their fingers while a few extras trying to elbow them and point at the screen laughing trying to get them to see the funny side of a pile of shyte..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Skid X wrote: »
    I'd love to hear what Mary O'Rourke has to say about Fifty Sades of Grey

Said no-one ever

Heard her say today that both she and Marie Louise
    O'Donnell would be on BOC tomorrow night to speak
    about 50 Shades!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I fell asleep before the end of the LLS last night so watched the end on demand this am. Oh God. CAR CRASH.

I wonder is Graham Norton so much better because pre recorded and edited...or just better!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Heard her say today that both she and Marie Louise
    O'Donnell would be on BOC tomorrow night to speak
    about 50 Shades!

Yeah they said in the voiceover at the end of the LLS.

Although I missed MLOD being mentioned <<Shudder>>. That doesn't make the interview sound any more appetising at all, all all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I actually feel a small bit hungover after last night's drama :D

And I don't drink! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Glebee

I wonder did the noticable drop in vocals from the audience have anything to do with the fact that everybody was splut up from their friends half way through the show. So everybody was sitting in half nervous Uncomfortable silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Did I dream what I saw last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

nm wrote: »
    RTE picked 'that comment' from the ROGmeister for the youtube highlight

Tubridy reading that question word for word from his cue cards sums it all up really. He can't even remember two basic stats about his guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,737 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Glebee wrote: »
    I wonder did the noticable drop in vocals from the audience have anything to do with the fact that everybody was splut up from their friends half way through the show. So everybody was sitting in half nervous Uncomfortable silence.

Yes it was a proven tactic many school teachers used to quiten down rowdy pupils in class, the producers probably had to open the red emergency envelope for the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

When they moved around the crowd they didn't even have a chance to talk to the new person beside them so it was pretty pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

What's the potential court case people are on about?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

DakarVert wrote: »
    What's the potential court case people are on about?

They interviewed an irish girl who has been a sugar baby via the website. Voice changed and darkened room etc. Called her "laura".

The rep from the sugar daddies website inadvertently named her real name (first name only)

Me personally I assume "laura" will want to just deny it if that does identify her, rather than going to court on it...but who knows.

amdublin wrote: »
    They interviewed an irish girl who has been a sugar baby via the website. Voice changed and darkened room etc. Called her "laura".

The rep from the sugar daddies website inadvertently named her real name (first name only)

Me personally I assume "laura" will want to just deny it if that does identify her, rather than going to court on it...but who knows.

I don't think it was inadvertent at all, she had a smirk on her face after she revealed the Woman's real name.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I don't think it was inadvertent at all, she had a smirk on her face after she revealed the Woman's real name.

Oooooooh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

edited out of the rte player now.

weird thread tonight. most of the regulars peering through their fingers while a few extras trying to elbow them and point at the screen laughing trying to get them to see the funny side of a pile of shyte..

Ah give over, you can't monopolise the type of sh*te the Late Late show is every week.

Every once and a while they can produce a different type of utter sh*te - fair is fair.

http://www.thejournal.ie/katie-hopkins-late-late-2-1938342-Feb2015/

I agree with the article. Change was good. Not actually good obviously, but for the Late Late show it was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Tubridy would have been better off just moving quickly on when that oriental woman mistakenly named the girl. But he wanted to make her look bad, so he made sure to focus on her error and rub her nose in it.... And by doing so he only brought more attention to it. He's petty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Missed the LLS, just glancing through thread now, I'm not sure if I missed a great show, or car crash tv. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I wonder will the repeat be edited?....

I'd imagine so..

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Missed the LLS, just glancing through thread now, I'm not sure if I missed a great show, or car crash tv. :pac:

I would recommend that you go and watch it Lynn, only I'm still not 100% sure that it actually really happened yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I would recommend that you go and watch it Lynn, only I'm still not 100% sure that it actually really happened yet..

I've been in that frame of mind since the credits went up last night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,245 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

More the latter I would say....imagine an audience full of boisterous drunks in celebratory mode :)

I wonder if any children were conceived last night by members of the audience?

And will they ever find out the circumstances in which their parents met?

And will they use some future version of Google and stumble on this thread? :eek:

I wish you well, Children of the future. Is Lottie Ryan a more popular Late Late Show host than Ryan Tubridy was?

Check out ROG on RTE TWO... Looks like Jessica didnt let him in the house last night, and he had to borrow a suit from Donal Óg Cusack for the show today..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Check out ROG on RTE TWO... Looks like Jessica didnt let him in the house last night, and he had to borrow a suit from Donal Óg Cusack for the show today..

Considering his wife lives in France and he's only in Ireland to do the analysis, I'd imagine he was staying in a hotel....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

thelad95 wrote: »
    Considering his wife lives in France and he's only in Ireland to do the analysis, I'd imagine he was staying in a hotel....

Jaysus imagine if by some mad coincidence Donal Og was staying in the same hotel and gave him a loan of a suit and it fitted him perfectly too

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Waerobic Woxajack

My cousin was watching this rubbish Friday and agreed at long last with me that it is not worth watching. If insincerity, in your face atheism, lack of talent and so on floats your boat, this Late Late Show is for you. For the majority, this uncaring, godless show is irrelevant and crude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

My cousin was watching this rubbish Friday and agreed at long last with me that it is not worth watching. If insincerity, in your face atheism, lack of talent and so on floats your boat, this Late Late Show is for you. For the majority, this uncaring, godless show is irrelevant and crude.

What in your face atheism?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,737 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

In olden times there would be the occasional nun or priest within the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Oh God (what was I thinking, can't be taking the lord's name in vain :rolleyes: ) don't feed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Waerobic Woxajack

You are lucky not have watched it. It is more cancer TV and Irish culture is dying from this cancer called The Late Late Show.

Advertisement