Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - Friday The 13th!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

nm wrote: »
    He's brutal, should be sacked first thing and replaced with that Wont be Long Getting Frostbit kid, make for better viewing.

9rh7pd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

eternal wrote: »
    Strongly disagree. The girl in Fair City is a model, Hmmmmmm the one on tonight was alright looking. But each to their own. Least yourone in Fair City can crack a smile.

so it is begrudgery in your eyes when I said that I didnt find someone "stunning" , just alright looking, yet its grand for you to call someone unattractive!! Funny double standards that!

Ps i am a guy so why i would begrudge a girl being stunning is beyond me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,251 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

amdublin wrote: »
    Tabloid tv

Is this where we are at??

Yep, in no way can a chaotic show and a noisy audience full of drunks be classed as entertainment. If that actually worked, Graham Norton and Jonathan Ross would have a studio full of drunks every week.

• Site Banned Posts: 4 JimAllister

Strazdas wrote: »
    Plying the audience with alcohol before the show seems completely off the wall. I can remember TV shows where a guest might have been drunk, but I can never recall a show that had an audience full of noisy and boisterous drunks......it surely has never happened on British TV.

clearly you've never viewed BBC N.Irelands Nolan show, dodgy republicans and loyalists shouting and pointing fingers at each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Strazdas wrote: »
    Yep, in no way can a chaotic show and a noisy audience full of drunks be classed as entertainment. If that actually worked, Graham Norton and Jonathan Ross would have a studio full of drunks every week.

They do quite a bit I think, but they can control and direct it and Tubs cant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

nm wrote: »
    The ones that go on that site can. That's it. Not 'all women'.

Did Hitler give all men a bad name? What about Larry Murphy, does he?

People are people, they don't speak for all of their sex.

Hitler presided over a holocaust and Larry Murphy is a criminal.

I fail to see how comparison of a legitimate businesswoman to either character makes any sense.

Thousands+ of regular educated young women signing up to a site that offers payment from older men of their college fees in exchange for "relationships" does give SOME men the impression that MANY of those women and perhaps others outside of the website can, and are open to being bought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

The audience got quieter as the night wore on..... they actually started to sober up. I'd say some of them were hungover by the end of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,251 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

clearly you've never viewed BBC N.Irelands Nolan show, dodgy republicans and loyalists shouting and pointing fingers at each other

I've definitely watched the Nolan show and seen the clashes you describe, but that's a different type of show to the LLS......more a current affairs / topical magazine type programme.

Thousands+ of regular educated young women signing up to a site that offers payment from older men of their college fees in exchange for "relationships" does give SOME men the impression that MANY of those women..

They can. It's not an impression, the men on that site are offering to pay the women on that site for companionship and whatever other 'services'. That's what the women signed up for.
    Straightforward.
    ..and perhaps others outside of the website can, and are open to being bought.

umm.. at the 'perhaps' bit is where you get off the rails. No.

No more than a women could presume other men 'perhaps' could be the next Larry Murphy.

That just makes no sense.

The website is what it is, it's not presuming to speak for anyone not involved in it, male or female.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

It was a real Friday the 13th show wasn't it? Pissed audience, dodgy comment from ROG, blind date piece went to shíte, Dickie Rock seemed strangely subdued, Katie Hopkins being upstaged by her audience, and a potential courtcase.

To be fair to ROG, I think it was one of those moments where it didn't seem as bad in his head than when he actually said it and besides it was a completely stupid question from Ryan anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Very entertaining show I thought (never thought i'd say that!)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I pity the poor lad Mark who wanted the roide from Katie Hopkins, if he is working on Monday he will be ridiculed.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,837 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How the date ended

kickass2.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

amdublin wrote: »
    Anyone watching the late night movie???

It's exactly what you'd expect as a continuation of THAT lls episode tonight,

Childish and puerile.

I'm a bit tied up at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

cofy wrote: »
    I'm a bit tied up at the moment.

Kinky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

What's this 'said her name' business all about - for those who didn't watch the show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

so it is begrudgery in your eyes when I said that I didnt find someone "stunning" , just alright looking, yet its grand for you to call someone unattractive!! Funny double standards that!

Ps i am a guy so why i would begrudge a girl being stunning is beyond me!!
    Dragging up a two week old argument? Time moves on dude. Maybe begrudging was the wrong word but you have to admit Jenny Dixon is super cute. That girl on tonight was only alright looking imo. I think I have good taste from looking in the mirror and at other people on a daily basis.

What's this 'said her name' business all about - for those who didn't watch the show.

Someone mentioned Fidelmas name when a clip of Glenroe was shown. Fidelma would like to distance herself from that scene forever. Very tabboo

Dragging up a two week old argument? Time moves on dude. Maybe begrudging was the wrong word but you have to admit Jenny Dixon is super cute. That girl on tonight was only alright looking imo. I think I have good taste from looking in the mirror and at other people on a daily basis.

well you didnt respond at the time and no i dont have to admit she is "super cute"! because i dont think she is! She is layered in make up so not my sort!

PS bit in black????????? what?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,877 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Oh dear jesus. Jenny Dicks-on hasn't a patch on that American girl.

• Advertisement

well you didnt respond at the time and no i dont have to admit she is "super cute"! because i dont think she is!

PS bit in black????????? what?!!

Basically I am amazing and you aren't. Goodbye.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Oh dear jesus. Jenny Dicks-on hasn't a patch on that American girl.

Yes!! You are right. He's talking about the awkward blonde one doing the dates. Get me? I already said the owner of the website was a stunner.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

T'is hard to explain. Just to 1 hr 33 min and watch

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10375847/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,877 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Yes!! You are right. He's talking about the awkward blonde one doing the dates. Get me?

Oh her. Yea, she was just above average.

Basically I am amazing and you aren't. Goodbye.

hahahahahahahah!!!!! Go Girl!!!!

Quazzie wrote: »
    Oh her. Yea, she was just above average.

Thank you. Jesus H Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Mod Warning

emanresu esrever and eternal, please refrain from bickering, you're derailing the thread. If it continues you'll both be receiving infractions/bans.

RTE picked 'that comment' from the ROGmeister for the youtube highlight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

T'is hard to explain. Just to 1 hr 33 min and watch

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10375847/

Saw it there. She'll be identified quite easily by family or friends. The shadowing out wasn't particularly clear - her rotund body shape etc. coupled with her name shouldn't be too difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

It's not lonely in your planet.

Watched his documentary on RTE some time ago, loved it. He is focused, dedicated, droll with a very dry wit.

I was a bit shocked at his remark because I wasn't at all expecting it from him but I don't fall into the finding it offensive category.

Just watching it now. I am liking the interview. The remark was
    a tad crude, but he did not intend it to be offensive, IMHO. His
    other remarks about his family showed how much they mean to
    him. He did say that Jessica is 'a champion' and that there is
    a lot of love in his house. :)

Re that crowd tonight - did they raid Google HQ or the IFSC for it?
    They all sound like they must have been drinking since they
    finished work this evening!!

Advertisement