Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 25 Captain

Options
  • 09-02-2015 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭

A lot of big teams at home this week.

Between Cazorla and Sanchez myself

edit: Hazard is home to Everton, poll is wrong.

Gameweek 25 Captain 185 votes

Giroud (LEI)
    0% 0 votes
    Sanchez (LEI)
    21% 40 votes
    Cazorla (LEI)
    31% 58 votes
    Hazard (LEI)
    6% 12 votes
    Aguero (STK)
    16% 31 votes
    Defoe (QPR)
    10% 20 votes
    Kane (LIV)
    3% 6 votes
    Eriksen (LIV)
    4% 8 votes
    Di Maria (BUR)
    0% 0 votes
    Pelle (WHU)
    3% 6 votes
    Sterling (TOT)
    0% 0 votes
    Sturridge (TOT)
    0% 1 vote
    Other
    1% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Hazard or Giroud for me. Swaying towards Hazard at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Hazard. Him and Kane the only players I trust to captain anymore and he has the easier fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Between Hazard, Aguero and Giroud for the captaincy.

Hazard - Last time Chelsea played Everton they scored six goals but Everton have tightened up since then and kept 3 clean sheets in a row.

Aguero - Has to get his first goal since his return at some point but Stoke away is a tricky fixture and City are playing poorly at the mo

Giroud - Has the juiciest looking fixture but last time I captained Olivier he delivered an unsplendid -4 which is leaving me hesitant

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sanchez if he starts. Giroud if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Eden Hazard!

My captains have not scored more than 5 points since Charlie Austin's hat-trick so if you want to do well this week, pick a different one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The choices are Hazard, Walcott, Sturridge, Aguero or my incoming transfer whoever they may be.

Who wins? I decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Sanchez if he starts if not aguero!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I don't think I'll captain Sanchez even if he starts; too much fear of a 5 minute reoccurence of the hamstring injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Giroud for me. He's in good form.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Aguero....easy. Cold February night at Stoke, if anyone can do it he can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Defoe, Need to think outside the box and play catch up

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Defoe, Need to think outside the box and play catch up
    How far behind are you? Still too early for this IMO unless you're oceans behind. 14 consistently safe high scoring weeks with good attention to blank/DGWs could very easily allow you to benefit from your opponent's mistakes.

I'm top of most of what I have identified as my key realistic targets at the moment, and I would like nothing better than for the people below me to start taking risks on less premium options in attempts to catch me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Defoe has only averaged a shot every 50 mins and doesn't record good BPS scores. Bring him in sure (I might) but just be aware that captaining him is a big punt with most people captaining an Arsenal player.

Aguero is surely the differential captain of choice this week if one was looking to go down that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭shano_88

Sanchez if he starts, probably Hazard if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

I will Possibly captain an arsenal player but I am worried that Nigel Pearson may choke slam one of them and they go off injured...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I will let everyone know who I pick so you can all pick someone else who will definitely do better. Generally how my captain choices go :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Tough call for me maybe oscar but no obvious standout for my draft league team

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

CSF wrote: »
    Aguero is surely the differential captain of choice this week if one was looking to go down that route.

I really thought he'd be the standout option with Sanchez a doubt (by doubt I mean returning from injury so doubtful of his returns/playing 90mins)

8-10 wrote: »
    I really thought he'd be the standout option with Sanchez a doubt (by doubt I mean returning from injury so doubtful of his returns/playing 90mins)
    I think he might have been if he'd scored yet. 2 assists probably hasn't staked his claim just yet but I fully expect that to happen very soon, because he is Aguero after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm torn between Hazard and Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Depends on starting lineups, I'm currently looking at Sanchez, Giroud, Hazard, in that order.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Hococop wrote: »
    Tough call for me maybe oscar but no obvious standout for my draft league team

Oscar or Welbeck. If Welbeck starts I might take a risk on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I will let everyone know who I pick so you can all pick someone else who will definitely do better. Generally how my captain choices go :o
    There are a fair few of us in that boat. My captain choice hasnt scored a goal since gw 16 hazard at home to hull :eek:.
    For this week Im looking at sanchez or aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

Rooney at home to Burnley...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I think ill go by the FFS points predictions to pick my captain..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

If a striker yes but in mf hr will do nothing

Don't even consider it. The chap does not score anymore, doesn't even get in the positions from midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Cazorla might be a bigger differential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Hazard unless we get confirmation from Wenger that Sanchez is definitely starting.

EDIT: just noticed we should see whether Sanchez starts or not before deadline so I will make my decision then!

Advertisement