Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 25 Captain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,997 ✭✭✭✭CSF

patmac wrote: »
    Cazorla might be a bigger differential.

Bigger maybe, better no IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Is there any injury update on Sanchez?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Is there any injury update on Sanchez?

Seems like he's back fit anyway, whether he'll start is another issue

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/09/arsenal-alexis-sanchez-leicester

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

CSF wrote: »
    Sanchez if he starts. Giroud if not.

Any fear Giroud will play a stormer and your captain Sanchez comes on for the last 15 or 10 mins?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,516 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Trilla wrote: »
    Any fear Giroud will play a stormer and your captain Sanchez comes on for the last 15 or 10 mins?

If he starts is the key part of that post I'd imagine. Line ups will be known for that game before the gw deadline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

Ozil...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

With Giroud's 20 point return against Villa fresh in my mind, it's hard to look past him. Something is telling me to keep it on Aguero though...surely he has to score soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

With Giroud's 20 point return against Villa fresh in my mind, it's hard to look past him. Something is telling me to keep it on Aguero though...surely he has to score soon.

yes I'm afraid aguero will follow the familiar pattern when in my team ......captain 1\2 pointer then don't captain him following week double figures. I've had no luck with him this year......maybe this will change if I go against the grain and show him some captain love when all others have forsaken him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Really tempted to captain Walcott. He's one of those players capable of a big score but is only owned by 1% of the game. I'm defending in most leagues so no need for a differential but I still like being aggressive.

It'll be either Sanchez or Walcott depending on who does/doesn't start.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

im torn between ageuro, ozil, silva and hazard. tinking of ozil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Currently on Hazard; Santi as VC. This may change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Arsenal have players back from injury, very hard to predict their line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Might just leave Aguero as default captain until the DGW, it's just so much easier that way :o

JokerD wrote: »
    Arsenal have players back from injury, very hard to predict their line up.

It'll be very easy in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Rooney at home to Burnley...

Opta stat:
    0 - Wayne Rooney has not hit a shot on target in the Premier League in 2015, despite playing 450 minutes. Withdrawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

It'll be very easy in this case.

Not so sure, will they play 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1? Who plays behind the striker, providing it's Giroud again? Sanchez, Welbeck, Ozil, Walcott, Cazorla, Ramsey, Rosicky? These all have had time playing in an attacking midfield role this season along with Ox who is currently injured.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Sanchez if he starts, Cazorla if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I'm torn between Hazard (just bought him) & Kane. Was disgusted last week when I captained David Silva over Kane as I thought City had the easier fixture.

Both Chelsea & Spurs are away
    & both Everton & Liverpool kinda rubbish at defending lately. Also says some pool midfielders "doubtful".

Anyone have any advice to help me decide?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

I'm torn between Hazard (just bought him) & Kane. Was disgusted last week when I captained David Silva over Kane as I thought City had the easier fixture.

& both Everton & Liverpool kinda rubbish at defending lately. Also says some pool midfielders "doubtful".

Liverpool have kept 4 CS in a row, that's far from rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Have you no Arsenal coverage?

• Advertisement

Rooney at home to Burnley...

I wouldn't touch Rooney. Van Gaal playing him as a midfielder (where he's brutal). He hasn't scored a goal yet in 2015. I sold him a couple of weeks ago as got fed up waiting for him to improve.

Also just to note, he's played in midfield by Van Gaal but classed as forward so he wouldn't even earn any clean sheet points.

Having said that it is Burnley at home, the reverse fixture was 0-0 though!

Not so sure, will they play 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1? Who plays behind the striker, providing it's Giroud again? Sanchez, Welbeck, Ozil, Walcott, Cazorla, Ramsey, Rosicky? These all have had time playing in an attacking midfield role this season along with Ox who is currently injured.
    Team will be announced before we have to make our predictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Ordinarily I'd say Stoke would be a horrible place to play on a wet and windy Tuesday night, but they're without Shawcross, Pieters and potentially Wilson.

AdMMM wrote: »
    Ordinarily I'd say Stoke would be a horrible place to play on a wet and windy Tuesday night, but they're without Shawcross, Pieters and potentially Wilson.
    Yeah, Aguero is a good shout. Sanchez is a no-brainer if he starts IMO, but Aguero comes massively into the discussion if he doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

The GW deadline is 7.30pm so we should have about 45 minutes after the arsenal team sheet is out to pick a captain & try work it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Would probably take a chance on Falcao if he was playing tonight and I was certain he started.... that uncertainty in itself probably should tell me that it's not the best idea. But I think he'll explode soon and Burlney at home could be the game.

Poor Leicester, from the poll above they have to contend with all Arsenals firepower plus Hazard (LEI) has been thrown into the mix :)

Safe bet would be Giroud, but at 96k, I think it's time to gamble just a little and this GW might be a good one to do so.
    No Sanchez and won't be bringing him in.

Have you no Arsenal coverage?

Yeah, I have Sanchez but don't want to risk him just making a sub appearance seen as he's just back from an injury...

Yeah, I have Sanchez but don't want to risk him just making a sub appearance seen as he's just back from an injury...
    But you will know whether he is starting or not before the deadline.

Liverpool have kept 4 CS in a row, that's far from rubbish.

Good call, thanks. I am unsure as Coutinho and Sterling are down as 75% chance of playing also (I know they will probably start anyway) this could leave the defence exposed so they may concede. I know I am now probably way overthinking this now ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

But you will know whether he is starting or not before the deadline.

People just aren't getting it lol!

Advertisement