Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a photo from your wedding

Options
  • 07-02-2015 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭

Would love to see and hear how people got on on the day. So if you could post a photo it'd be lovely to see. Any photo at all. Your favourite. Showing some nice feature. Anything. I'll oblige too when the time comes.

Edit: If you are shy about posting photos, ones showing details or nice venues are good too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Here ya go :)

1_zpsffcb0a97.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

Beautiful! Both of you. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭coats

Heres mine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I just want to say that I'm not holding my actual bouquet here.

2vb7muc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Here's mine! We eloped in the Caribbean.

JM_0081_zpsomkfmomp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Here's myself and the hubby

http://omg.wthax.org/5KUM7.jpg

also here's one of my bouquet, which I adored

http://omg.wthax.org/6Ncptm.jpg

and my super shoes (along with my sister tying my laces for the first of about a dozen times that day :D)

http://omg.wthax.org/7dmZHg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Aw lads ye're making me well up here, you all looked amazing (brides and grooms!)

Also Toots - your cake is amazing. :D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

ShazGV wrote: »
    Also Toots - your cake is amazing. :D

Thank you! Although actually the cake was a bit of a let-down, it was supposed to have a lot more going on than that. And I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture, but she put the top tier on the wrong way, so it was about to fall off. Luckily the head chef was able to come out and put in some temporary supports to hold it on, but he recommended we cut the cake before the meal, so they could take it out of the room sooner and minimise the risk of the top tier falling off during dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Toots wrote: »
    Thank you! Although actually the cake was a bit of a let-down, it was supposed to have a lot more going on than that. And I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture, but she put the top tier on the wrong way, so it was about to fall off. Luckily the head chef was able to come out and put in some temporary supports to hold it on, but he recommended we cut the cake before the meal, so they could take it out of the room sooner and minimise the risk of the top tier falling off during dinner!

Oh no! I actually didn't even notice until you pointed it out, at least it was still standing for your photos. :)

Yeah, the chef said it was just lucky that we came in with the photographer for the official picture (the one where you pretend to cut the cake) pretty much as soon as we got to the hotel, because he could see a bit where it was starting to separate. We weren't impressed, and it had cost a bloody fortune! That being said, it was the only aspect of the day that was less than perfect. And it did taste lovely :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Lovely pics guys and I love the diversity in the dresses, you all look fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

So lovely to see all these photos! Can't wait to have some of my own to share!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Wow. What a beautiful photo.

Thanks a million, we were delighted with our pictures in general,photographer had a great eye.
    Hoping if we get enough likes on Facebook for him, he might give us a free photoshoot for babies in future :D;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

good idea OP

Mid-ceremony, as a normally calm guy.. i was ****ting myself, but this was a moment of relief near the end of the ceremony
    541910_10200296628926525_237130853_n.jpg?oh=70fdb8c4cc0553b8cb7e834c5ee89d24&oe=559708C1&__gda__=1431936363_70c33475008e5fdad7626987aff92951

I'm a big trekkie so of course it had to be part of the ceremony
    312469_10200296637326735_220757324_n.jpg?oh=83a026fba4d941e64ebcf5df67f823d8&oe=5559BE01&__gda__=1432263378_473c194f8ef211594c700b2229b70f24

quite a scenic backdrop

318002_10200296647646993_1547540597_n.jpg?oh=1da662ab772412b6aed71b17f46afeec&oe=555A90E3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Great idea for a thread and I've loved the photos so far!!

It's so hard to pick so I'm gonna add a few.

This is me and Hubbie, River Shannon looks quite cold behind us!

Then I have a photo of me and my dad, I don't seem to have many photos of just me and my dad, there was nearly always someone else in the pic or he was the one taking the photo!

Ok I know the inflatable guitars aren't the most original but the big men at our wedding had a great time with them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Cellygirl

Ah lovely thread! All the pics are so nice! My wedding was in 2011, I'm all nostalgic now! Loved our day, we had such a great time. Especially precious is the one of me and my Dad outside the church as he died in 2013 (his anniversary is next week) and I miss him so much. So it's nice to have the pics of him on that special day.

Here's some pics of our wedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Lovely photos, one and all!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

GREAT THREAD!!!

I'll dig one out this eve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

Loving all of these wonderful pics, thanks for sharing folks! It's great to see how happy people looked on their big day after all the planning!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Almost 10 years ago, June 2005. It was windy and bloody freezing on the beach in Ballybunion, Co. Kerry! (My wife is not on boards, but hopefully she won't mind!!)

Edit to Add: Came across the thread in the "Most Thanked" tab. A very nice thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'll try and post a photo later, we got married in April 1990 so 25 years in 2 months time so completely different style wedding dresses and perms back then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Congatulations deisemum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Toots your cake was unreal. It just looks so awesome.

Okay, so I have 4 photos, I'm only including the first one because it always gets a big laugh.

Our first kiss, and my husband genuinely thought he had his hand on my waist (all the wedding dress material obviously felt weird) and we were just so delighted with life that the photographer couldn't grab our attention to get another first kiss photo (he said he was calling our names and so was everyone else but we were just in la la land) so that's our first kiss photo and our only first kiss photo :pac:

552657_10151779481216069_806347474_n_zpscba2acdf.jpg

And the second one I'm including because everyone loves it as it's literally right after we got married and we're walking back down the aisle and my husband is giving a big thumbs up to everyone and my face looks like it's going to split in two from smiling :D

13556_10151779409441069_230977626_n_zps8a487797.jpg

Oh and one more because it was a secret wedding ;)

QD6A7799_zps29725c20.jpg

And our cake, we both drive bikes and we both love bikes. At the time we both had KTMs (most commonly orange and black) and we had a blue great dane and a german shepherd pup (who, the day before the wedding, cut his leg open, had to have surgery and after the ceremony my husband had to drive home and give him his medication and then come back to the party).

IMG_112353851267132_zps33d8d216.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Thought I'd put up another one :o

This is our cake, we had clay figurines instead of a traditional topper.
    Just to the left is our hand fasting cord.

1229995_693396050690530_1461904305_n_zpsf5af010b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

^^^^ OMG, love the outfits on the figurines, looks like the cool swirly effect I'd get just after I rolled all my different coloured plasticines into one big ball when I was a kid!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Here is a picture of one of my side cakes. Got a lot of compliments about it.

CNV00139_zps1065e106.jpg

Advertisement