Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Cannot wait for this! He was my favourite Breaking Bad character! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I actually came into the thread hoping for spoilers but now I am disappoint.

Looking forward immensely to it though. Bob Odenkirk is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

The show will jump around time. Before, during and most interestingly of all AFTER Breaking Bad, it's being confirmed.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I actually came into the thread hoping for spoilers but now I am disappoint.
    Why would you want to be spoilt rather than actually seeing it in the show itself?
    Adamantium wrote: »
    The show will jump around time. Before, during and most interestingly of all AFTER Breaking Bad, it's being confirmed.
    Not quite. The exact quote:
    One of the great things about having a time line which is flexible is that perhaps some of it takes place before ‘Breaking Bad,’ during ‘Breaking Bad,’ and after ‘Breaking Bad.’
    The 'perhaps' indicates they can do it, not that they will do it. Not really semantics if it means they're not actually following events after the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

ixoy wrote: »
    Why would you want to be spoilt rather than actually seeing it in the show itself?

It's been shown that spoilers increase people's enjoyment of stories.

http://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/archive/newsrel/soc/2011_08spoilers.asp

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Weird people.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭somuj

Not quite. The exact quote:

The 'perhaps' indicates they can do it, not that they will do it. Not really semantics if it means they're not actually following events after the show.

Why are you reading a thread marked spoilers if you don't want to be spoilt ??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

somuj wrote: »
    Why are you reading a thread marked spoilers if you don't want to be spoilt ??
    Spoiler threads are generally taken to mean "we're going to discuss up to the latest aired episode" and not "we're going to discuss elements of episodes that have yet to be aired". Big difference is that the first just means that you need to be up-to-date in your viewing but can otherwise enjoy the story as it unfolds, whereas the second means that the spoilers will reveal elements of the story that have yet to air and therefore not in the TV show as it was designed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

I was joking. In that there are absolutely no spoilers in the video that was posted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Would be devastated if Bill Burr doesn't pop up at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gotta Get Sal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭bren2001

Official release date given as February 8th. New teaser trailer, obviously shows nothing.

New teaser is out.

I won't post Youtube video because the main image is of
    Mike Ehrmantraut
    which could be a spoiler for a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

Is this news?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭bren2001

New extended trailer out. Gives a first look at the tone of the show. I am looking forward to what they can do with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Now that's an underwhelming trailer if ever I saw one.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

It looks.....ok. Trailer doesnt exactly make it "must see" for me.

• Advertisement

Netflix has announced the launch date for Breaking Bad spinoff Better Call Saul.

The first season, which sees Bob Odenkirk reprise his role as Saul Goodman, will premiere in Europe on Monday, February 9.

ustv_bettercallsaulposter.jpg

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s247/better-call-saul/news/a624689/netflix-confirms-better-call-saul-launch-date-for-europe.html#~p2AEK4lv6pBb6A

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Think that's a Suzuki of some description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Looking forward to this, should be decent. Starts this Sunday yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

syngindub wrote: »
    Looking forward to this, should be decent. Starts this Sunday yeah?

Yea it starts on Sunday. It will be available on irish netflix on Monday morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Will all episode be available straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Will all episode be available straight away?

it says on the ad above new episodes every week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Trailer is a bit weird, first 2/3 of it looks like an offbeat, quirky lawyer show taking on dodgy cases... then it suddenly goes all Law & Order with some serious case against a big company. It looks like that case might be the first break Saul gets to go make his own law firm... with Mike tagging along at some point after getting sick of being a toll booth attendant :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭batistuta9

so this on tonight, 10 eastern. then tomorrow at 10E as well, which will be it's regular slot.

many going to watch? quiet thread, thought all the BB fans would be interested about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Expect the first drunks to start posting at about 3.10 AM as the rips go up. Failing that it'll be a before-work watch tomorrow.

Advertisement