Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dermot Desmond's sons to bring Five Guys to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Brian? wrote: »
    No. It's better in every way. Better burgers at a lower price, at least that's the way it is in the states.

It's very expensive in London from what I remember. Probably be the same here

£15 for a burger, fries and drink

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

It's very expensive in London from what I remember. Probably be the same here

£15 for a burger, fries and drink

That's shocking. It was nowhere that expensive in Arizona. From my recollection it was more expensive than In N Out and cheaper than Red Robin. Still pretty cheap, fast food. If it's €15 for a burger and chips when it opens here, I wouldn't go near it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

If it's €15 for a burger and chips when it opens here, I wouldn't go near it.
    I would

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

It's just another chain selling fried muck that some people go all hysterical about because they know something about America that someone who has never been might not, like In N Out or Whataburger.

When someone raves about them, what they are really saying is 'ooooohh look at me, I was on a plane once'

All these places are so overrated to boot.I went to In N Out Burger and I was perplexed about what was so special about the place. Fries bland, burger the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Burky126 wrote: »
    Ignorance is bliss.

Yeah, mechanically recovered, reconstituted meat is top grub alright...

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

All these places are so overrated to boot.I went to In N Out Burger and I was perplexed about what was so special about the place. Fries bland, burger the same.

In N Out is not supposed to be anything special, it's simply better than McDonalds, Burger King etc. for the same money. Nothing is ever frozen and everything is cooked to order. That's it really, a decent burger for a small price.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

jamesbere wrote: »
    I was hoping it would be 5 wise guys.

I was just thinking whatever they do in their private lives is their own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

None of the food is frozen,it's prepared fresh and has higher quality than most 'takeaways' over here.Though please,continue to not contribute anything with your knee-jerk reactions!

What do you think about the opportunity of creating more jobs? Bit shyte,right?

Burky126 wrote: »
    None of the food is frozen,it's prepared fresh and has higher quality than most 'takeaways' over here.Though please,continue to not contribute anything with your knee-jerk reactions!

What do you think about the opportunity of creating more jobs? Bit shyte,right?

Did I say it was frozen? Please do point out where I said 'frozen'. :pac:

It's burger meat, what you're left with when all the decent meat has been removed, it's hardly prime steak.

A few managerial roles and burger flippers, just what our knowledge based economy needs.

• Advertisement

It's burger meat, what you're left with when all the decent meat has been removed, it's hardly prime steak.

A few managerial roles and burger flippers, just what our knowledge based economy needs.

What are you rattling on about you windbag?

drumswan wrote: »
    What are you rattling on about you windbag?

Real smooth, buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

In N Out is not supposed to be anything special, it's simply better than McDonalds, Burger King etc. for the same money. Nothing is ever frozen and everything is cooked to order. That's it really, a decent burger for a small price.

I wouldn't class it as being better than Mc Donald's taste wise, had a cheese burger and left underwhelmed. Whatever about better because they don't freeze anything, but if I was trying to be health concious I wouldn't go to a fast food place to begin with.

Tommy's burgers is infinitely better.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

Thank you for defining a burger for us.

Find something better to do today than this,christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

GatsbyGal wrote: »
    Five Guys is completely overrated. It doesn't stand out as a fast food joint in any way shape or form from any of the other chippies. I would even say it's on a par with McDonald's... Muck. When I lived in Georgia my go to place would always be Chick-fil-a. Lovely chips and expecially delicious chicken.

taste wise its on a different planet to micky d's, forbes readers agree
    Five Guys Voted America's Favorite Burger Chain, McDonald's Trails Near Bottom

There’s no denying it, we’re a nation of burger guzzlers.

50 percent of Americans enjoy a burger at least once a week. Over the course of the year we’ll collectively wolf down over 13 billion burgers and likely even more next year. In 2011, the burger industry was valued at $40 billion and it’s predicted to surge at a Compound Annual Growth Rate of 4% in 2012.

It’s something of an understatement then to say we know a great burger. Fresh ground beef; cooked just right – crusty on the outside, juicy on the inside; dressed with a personalized litany of toppings, and conveyed with a smile and a nibble or two on the house while you wait, just about sums up our wish-list of preferences.

Few chains tick most of those boxes; only one however, ticks all of them. Five Guys Burgers and Fries has been winning no end of praise and accolades from industry experts and restaurant reviewers for its exemplary execution of patty-in-bun perfection. Now, America has jumped on board and crowned the franchise champion in a survey of favorite burger chains carried out by Market Force, a customer experience management firm.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/nadiaarumugam/2012/09/20/five-guys-voted-americas-favorite-burger-chain-mcdonalds-trails-near-bottom/

but at the end of the day its a burger joint and some people aren't the biggest burger fans so it is what it is.

rossie1977 wrote: »

but at the end of the day its a burger joint and some people aren't the biggest burger fans so it is what it is.
    But sure thats not going to stop them whinging on the internet about it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

So it's a thread about Burgers and not Deportation/Extraditing?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 WeirdBren

Best Burgers ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Best chips EVER!!!! Bit expensive...yes...but so worth it! Been praying for this day! Had these in California and then London and no matter where you go...they are good! And free refills of course!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the whole article is invalidated by his neckbeard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

drumswan wrote: »
    Five guys do amazing burgers. Irish burgers are generally ****e. This is great news for the burger lover.

Not such good news for the cow.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Ush1 wrote: »
    I assume a blowjob is included in those prices?

Only with the steak burger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

No way in hell im paying 15 Eur for a burger and chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

WeirdBren wrote: »
    Best Burgers ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Best chips EVER!!!! Bit expensive...yes...but so worth it! Been praying for this day! Had these in California and then London and no matter where you go...they are good! And free refills of course!!

Couldn't agree more. Fantastic burgers and chips. Never dreamed we would get them in Ireland. Didn't even know they were in the UK.

Does anyone know if their UK restaurants are as nice as the American ones? Want to know how close to the American one we'll get over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Unless they serve the chips in a little metal bucket/novelty frying tray and put a tooth pick through the burger, and place the whole lot on some wooden cutting board then I'm out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

jamesbere wrote: »
    American Cheese is offensive to the word cheese

Yes. Yes. This.

I'll also add American "mustard". F*ck right off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I've seen this mentioned a few times. You do know that you can go to pretty much any supermarket/shop and get 2 litres of Coke or Fanta for about E2???

As for 5 guys!! £8 for just a burger in UK?? That'll be about €11.50 here before you even order a chip or a drink. No matter what way you look at it, that is overpriced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

You do know that you can go to pretty much any supermarket/shop and get 2 litres of Coke or Fanta for about E2???

Was watching a match in a pub recently where they had free refills on coffee. I was happy with that. Should I feel foolish since I could easily buy kilos of the stuff in the Aldi and carry it around in a flask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I've seen this mentioned a few times. You do know that you can go to pretty much any supermarket/shop and get 2 litres of Coke or Fanta for about E2???

As for 5 guys!! £8 for just a burger in UK?? That'll be about €11.50 here before you even order a chip or a drink. No matter what way you look at it, that is overpriced.

Probably don't wanna carry 2 litres of coke round with you though. Nor can you bring your own into business that involves selling food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

They are fries rather than chips, and taste like any other fry from over there, but the burgers are better than McDonalds and Burger King but that ain't saying much. The re-fills work over in the States because Americans tend to drink a lot of the stuff. I don't know whether the average Irish person would drink 4 litres of Coke in a single sitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I heard if you don't leave a tip they chase you.

Advertisement