Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dermot Desmond's sons to bring Five Guys to Ireland

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Legal fees and fit outs I guess. Seems a strange way to do business, would rather organic growth. They would be fairly exposed in the face of a downturn, given there business model is basically original Eddie Rockets. In and out burger on the other hand...

Not sure what you mean by organic, these are costs associated with opening new branches. It also includes depreciation on assets I think. Frankly this is a nothing story.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Do you comment a lot on things you don't understand Brian? Must be very tough.

Did I hurt your feelings? The post was gibberish

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

salmocab wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean by organic, these are costs associated with opening new branches. It also includes depreciation on assets I think. Frankly this is a nothing story.

Organic growth would be my own personal preference over extending loan facilities. It's Dermot Desmond's sons, they do what they like. Is it a normal approach totally. Is todays business climate normal? I'd argue it's not but if your happy to think it is. Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Brian? wrote: »
    Honest question. When did people start calling chips “fries” in Ireland?

With the increased popularity of McDonalds/Franchise fast food..large fries.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Organic growth would be my own personal preference over extending loan facilities. It's Dermot Desmond's sons, they do what they like. Is it a normal approach totally. Is todays business climate normal? I'd argue it's not but if your happy to think it is. Sound.

You started by saying the losses were because their portions of chips are too large now it’s extending loan facilities that’s quite a jump.
    Personally I know nothing about them or their business and wouldn’t care either way how they run their business.

• Advertisement
Advertisement