Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    #occupySAA

Don't give SAA a reason to do less work

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

sup_dude wrote: »
    Darn it, grants don't come in until the end of the month :(

I got my CoCo grant on Thursday, which was a nice surprise. But it's my last every installment, so I'm totes emosh about it. :( :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Last couple of years, my CoCo one wasn't out til the end of month but I get it in three parts. Hopefully they give it out early this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Darth Frodo

Heard from a pretty credible source that the delay was due to two things...

1) A small strike in the SAA.
    2) The recent system crash (Perhaps due to power outage not sure..) caused the online results to be wiped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

anyone know whats the story with robes for graduation?

Leaving it late but must they be pre ordered?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Learned today that my FYP supervisor has buggered off to teach in some other country for the semester. Didn't tell any of us and didn't answer any of our e-mails...Great..Supervisor-less.

garv123 wrote: »
    anyone know whats the story with robes for graduation?

Leaving it late but must they be pre ordered?

Not really they have more than enough of each size, just get there early. Might cost you an extra €10er or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Jester252 wrote: »
    Not really they have more than enough of each size, just get there early. Might cost you an extra €10er or so.

It's only a 2 euro discount for booking online

It's only a 2 euro discount for booking online

That low? Damn

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just in case anyone here is worried about fees for on-campus accommodation in light of the delay in results, the due date for final payment is 23rd February. Got invoice this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Just in case anyone here is worried about fees for on-campus accommodation in light of the delay in results, the due date for final payment is 23rd February. Got invoice this morning.

From past experience that's not, eh, strictly enforced :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Hasn't it been set that date before the year started no?

ScummyMan wrote: »
    From past experience that's not, eh, strictly enforced :P

Shh... ;)
    jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Hasn't it been set that date before the year started no?

Probably, but I vaguely remember someone asking about it recently.

Shh... ;)

Probably me but it wasn't the accomm fees that I was talking about but the registration fees

That was me wondering if they'd delay the payment. I paid the last one in two parts :)

That was me wondering if they'd delay the payment. I paid the last one in two parts :)

Do you know if they'll offer a payment plan for the 3rd installment of the fees on 23rd of Feb?

No chance of me being able to pay the full amount so I'm just hoping they would offer one seeing that they have for the last 2 installments.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Seriously stupid question here, but my supervisor was meeting two of us today to outline our projects and what he expects etc. cuz we were on TP before xmas he wants us to find out when they are due though? Who or where do we go to to find this out?

phish wrote: »
    Seriously stupid question here, but my supervisor was meeting two of us today to outline our projects and what he expects etc. cuz we were on TP before xmas he wants us to find out when they are due though? Who or where do we go to to find this out?

Maybe it's different for your department, but your department probably has an FYP Co-ordinator. You've probably received emails from them earlier in the year. They'll be able to tell you.

It's weird that the supervisor doesn't know...

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Do you know if they'll offer a payment plan for the 3rd installment of the fees on 23rd of Feb?

No chance of me being able to pay the full amount so I'm just hoping they would offer one seeing that they have for the last 2 installments.

I'd imagine they'll be fine with it. If they aren't, I'd tell them it's the only choice you have because you can't afford to pay it all at once but will be able to later in the semester. I can't really see them having a problem though

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Maybe it's different for your department, but your department probably has an FYP Co-ordinator. You've probably received emails from them earlier in the year. They'll be able to tell you.

It's weird that the supervisor doesn't know...

We haven't gotten any emails about FYPs so I've no notion of who he expects us to ask about the due date which is what really annoys me!

• Advertisement

phish wrote: »
    We haven't gotten any emails about FYPs so I've no notion of who he expects us to ask about the due date which is what really annoys me!

Course director possibly?

Dear people in the library,

It's not term time but it's still the library. Shut the fudge up! That includes you, librarians beside me! Seriously, there's only a handful of people around me and they haven't stopped talking in full volume all morning. The librarians emptying the shelves are the worst of them, chattering away and throwing the books onto the little shelves with wheels...

Thanks,
    sup_dude, who is trying to do work

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Dear people in the library,

It's not term time but it's still the library. Shut the fudge up! That includes you, librarians beside me! Seriously, there's only a handful of people around me and they haven't stopped talking in full volume all morning. The librarians emptying the shelves are the worst of them, chattering away and throwing the books onto the little shelves with wheels...

Thanks,
    sup_dude, who is trying to do work

They were doing this last year in January when I was doing my FYP and I had to go ask them to keep it down. The people who work there, I mean. They said something stupid like "Oh we have to get this done so we get it done outside of term when there's nobody here". I just said "Well, I'm trying to get work done so I'd appreciate it if ye could at least speak more quietly to each other". Absolute idiots.

Yeah, I get they have to get stuff done and all but it would be done a lot faster if they weren't nattering. Also, there clearly is people around when someone is sitting there.

At the minute, they're taking a handful of books and then stopping for a ten minute chat, then another handful of books. They've been here since opening and they've only half a shelf cleared...

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Yeah, I get they have to get stuff done and all but it would be done a lot faster if they weren't nattering. Also, there clearly is people around when someone is sitting there.

At the minute, they're taking a handful of books and then stopping for a ten minute chat, then another handful of books. They've been here since opening and they've only half a shelf cleared...

Ask them to keep it down. It's just so entertaining. Or remind them that they're in a quiet / silent zone XD

Ask them to keep it down. It's just so entertaining. Or remind them that they're in a quiet / silent zone XD

They've actually left now. It's the group of three sitting across from me that have piped up, talking like they're still in the pub they're discussing. Would go to security but they only talk in intervals so they'll have stopped for a while when security get here.

Also, where are all the books?! Why have they changed everything around and not bothered telling anyone where to find anything? I can't find half the books I need anymore whereas before the holidays I could have told you the exact position of some of them...

This lit review writing is going horribly.

EDIT: Okay, I take it back. The talking was relatively okay. The cuddling and giggling and hair stroking though... It's the library ffs, control yourself! And now as I'm typing they're singing "Like a Virgin" to each other

SECOND EDIT: They've started shifting. In the library. They're actually sitting at the desk, shifting. And talking really loudly in between shifting. I don't like public displays of affection at the best of times. This is disgusting. The last thing you want to here is "take me now" when in the library. I'm actually at a complete loss as to what to do. My earphones don't go up loud enough to drown them out without damaging my hearing. I've so much work to do so can't leave but can't concentrate when that's in front of me.

They've actually left now. It's the group of three sitting across from me that have piped up, talking like they're still in the pub they're discussing. Would go to security but they only talk in intervals so they'll have stopped for a while when security get here.

Also, where are all the books?! Why have they changed everything around and not bothered telling anyone where to find anything? I can't find half the books I need anymore whereas before the holidays I could have told you the exact position of some of them...

This lit review writing is going horribly.

EDIT: Okay, I take it back. The talking was relatively okay. The cuddling and giggling and hair stroking though... It's the library ffs, control yourself! And now as I'm typing they're singing "Like a Virgin" to each other

SECOND EDIT: They've started shifting. In the library. They're actually sitting at the desk, shifting. And talking really loudly in between shifting. I don't like public displays of affection at the best of times. This is disgusting. The last thing you want to here is "take me now" when in the library. I'm actually at a complete loss as to what to do. My earphones don't go up loud enough to drown them out without damaging my hearing. I've so much work to do so can't leave but can't concentrate when that's in front of me.

I know who these f***ers are actually and they were doing it a while back when I was in there too...That is not the place to do that, it's bad enough seeing it on a night out, let alone in a place you're trying to work!

I almost threw up when I was there last, so sickening.

Tell security next time because they do get louder and I know they are regulars there so it won't get any better!

Aragneer wrote: »
    I know who these f***ers are actually and they were doing it a while back when I was in there too...That is not the place to do that, it's bad enough seeing it on a night out, let alone in a place you're trying to work!

I almost threw up when I was there last, so sickening.

Tell security next time because they do get louder and I know they are regulars there so it won't get any better!

Yeah, the stomach was feeling a bit queasy alright. Everytime they started talking, the actions get worse so at about 5 or 6 when they started talking, I started packing and left with her straddling him, giving him a shoulder rub.

Yeah, the stomach was feeling a bit queasy alright. Everytime they started talking, the actions get worse so at about 5 or 6 when they started talking, I started packing and left with her straddling him, giving him a shoulder rub.

My god, it's like teenage behaviour. F.Y.I. You're not teenagers anymore and don't go to teeny discos, go home where you have privacy.

The library at the moment is very annoying! People thinking because it isn't term time that they can talk when they want and then there are the people organising the books that are just talking so loudly...Home is my study place at the moment but even that is not helpful!

• Advertisement

They're back again today. Thankfully, they're sitting further back so I can sit in peace and just ignore them. Feel sorry for those around them now though

Advertisement