Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

TheGunns wrote: »
    Is the Students Union open? Want to get a student travel card from there. If it's not, any idea when it is?

Any particular reason you need the travel card? Student card works for buying bus/train tickets. That being said I"ve no idea if its open. Message them on facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

iLaura wrote: »
    Any particular reason you need the travel card? Student card works for buying bus/train tickets. That being said I"ve no idea if its open. Message them on facebook?
    I'm on coop so want to get a student leap card :o Will check now, thanks!

My bitching at home and to friends has not satisfied me so I'm here to have another moan about my timetable.
    Only one 9am (which is a nuisance for early risers like me) and finished at 6 Tuesday to Friday, made even more annoying by the fact I only have one hour on a Monday. Hopefully my Friday evening tutorials will be moved :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I hate my supervisor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

sup_dude wrote: »
    I hate my supervisor.

Same here!

What's happened?

Mine won't help me AT ALL!!

• Advertisement

Aragneer wrote: »
    Same here!

What's happened?

Mine won't help me AT ALL!!

I've lost count of the number of times we've gone over the same things again and again and again. If I listed everything she's done to mess things up, I'd be writing for a very long time. I wouldn't mind if she gave me any control but she hasn't except at random times. She basically told me what FYP I'm doing (which of course, changed when it was questioned by other lecturers and she blamed me) and everything about it without letting me have a say. Now she's told me I need to find a hypothesis... yet I don't understand half the experiment because she keeps changing it! As well as that, I know fine rightly that she only wants me to do that (which under any other circumstances, I'd have no problem doing since it's meant to be my experiment) because then she can blame me if someone questions it. She keeps asking for consent forms, despite having sent them 3 times. I've sent her multiple emails about equipment and she ignores them (this was after refusing to allow me to use any equipment from UL). She emails me out of the blue looking for a new lit review when she was going to correct the old one and send it to me. Then she wanted the old lit review and the materials & methods which I sent to her before Christmas already. Before I left, we agreed I'd do some testing before I went back. There was no word on this and when I asked, she told me it wasn't until Feb. I asked her was it not before Feb and she goes "oh right, yeah it can be. You need to send me on consent forms though" I HAVE!! THREE TIMES!! What about equipment?! No mention of that still. And this was just in the last two weeks... Last semester was a nightmare.

I actually just want to crawl into a corner and forget about the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

"Notification for students on Portal:
    Due to on-going review of the Student Records System results will be issued on 5th FEB when on-line PROVISIONAL grades and QCA will be available to all students www.results.ul..ie Following ratification of results by the University’s Academic Council Grading Committee final results and progression decisions will be published on 12th FEBRUARY on-line. Please note the University will ONLY deal with queries on results AFTER the final results have been published."

Please tell me we don't have to wait until February for the results...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Reminded me, I must get one of them now.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

"Notification for students on Portal:
    Due to on-going review of the Student Records System results will be issued on 5th FEB when on-line PROVISIONAL grades and QCA will be available to all students www.results.ul..ie Following ratification of results by the University’s Academic Council Grading Committee final results and progression decisions will be published on 12th FEBRUARY on-line. Please note the University will ONLY deal with queries on results AFTER the final results have been published."

Please tell me we don't have to wait until February for the results...

I thought the results were the 22nd? I've been counting down :O

I thought the results were the 22nd? I've been counting down :O

I know! That's what it says on the academic calendar and I'm pretty sure that's what was on the signs around the exam centres too, but I'm not sure now after seeing that notice :/

• Advertisement

I know! That's what it says on the academic calendar and I'm pretty sure that's what was on the signs around the exam centres too, but I'm not sure now after seeing that notice :/

The 22nd is leaving it long enough never mind into February :O

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Will the large tree on campus get a bashing from the storm tonight?

The 22nd is leaving it long enough never mind into February :O

I know. I really hope this is a mistake and that we will indeed still get them on the 22nd.

Just saw SAA's facebook page. They put up a status about results not being out until the 5th of February.

Just saw SAA's facebook page. They put up a status about results not being out until the 5th of February.

Good god. Bad enough that they're being so ridiculous with the date, but is it too much to ask for them to at least have the decency to tell us via email? Can't wait to be done with UL forever. SAA is such a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SuperNova1890

Good god. Bad enough that they're being so ridiculous with the date, but is it too much to ask for them to at least have the decency to tell us via email? Can't wait to be done with UL forever. SAA is such a joke.

Absolute Cowboys out there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Shoddy Ted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭shano_88

Thats a joke.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Thats a joke.

That's SAA.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

#occupySAA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Ffs! Why are we only hearing about it now?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Subutai

Are they going to bother their arses sending out an oul email about the changed date? Given that we regularly get emails about the most useless spammy nonsense you'd think SAA could do the courtesy of informing people about **** that effects their plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SuperNova1890

Well the 5th of Feb is only for PROVISIONAL grades and QCA... so I guess the grade people get on the 5th might be different from what they get on the 12th...

That being said people grades could go up and get a higher QCA which I'm all for!! :D Or down, which would be bad... my QCA needs a boost!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

There's the email anyway. Was hoping the committee meeting wouldn't be moved, two weeks back though now :/.
    Now I gotta wait three weeks before I can transfer courses..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

What happens if you don't pay your fees by 6th of February? I may be late on paying them but will it matter when they are paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Did everyone else get an email? Ive none from SAA?

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Did everyone else get an email? Ive none from SAA?

It should be from the VPA :)

If the fees are delayed, are the accommodation installments delayed also?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

If the fees are delayed, are the accommodation installments delayed also?

I doubt it as the accommodation is paid to a separate company to the college. It would be up to them to decide but as the semester is going ahead I doubt they will make any changes.

phish wrote: »
    I doubt it as the accommodation is paid to a separate company to the college. It would be up to them to decide but as the semester is going ahead I doubt they will make any changes.

Darn it, grants don't come in until the end of the month :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Darn it, grants don't come in until the end of the month :(

SUSI grants came out today, unless you're waiting on a county council one

Advertisement