Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 22 Match day Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

37 places down despite being a couple above the top 1k average. 658, and a bit more to drop tomorrow presumably.

Ah well. I continue neither lose or gain ground for 6 or 7 weeks now. Just pacing myself for a strong finish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

17 today sees me rise 300 places up to 1,042. 50 with Wisdom to play. A CS for him should see me back inside the top 1k.

In Pulis we trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Epic fail of a week.

No Costa, no Downing, captain Aguero.

8.6k down to 18k ish. Will be over 20k by after tomorrow.

Tempted to panic but will leave my team alone until after the League Cup.

When it's gone wrong this season, it feels like it's always gone spectacularly wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lost 1k places after a disaster of a week. On to 2.6k now. Transfer already made and I'm not gonna be on the FF website again until Friday 30th. ****ing disaster and I need Costa back in my team after the City game. Need to find the best way to fit him in. ADM out is looking the most likely unless he improves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

After playing my wildcard I have had a shocking week :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Wildcard fired up. Have gone with two non starters but f it need to go for it a little at some point! Happy to take a punt in FPL as I feel its my second game now really.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

50 with Wisdom to go. 5th captain fail in a row so that needs to be addressed quickly before it begins to affect how my season will shape up. Down over 600 places since yesterday with just 7 from my 3 big boys (Kun, Alexis, Silva). I'm up over 200 places for the gameweek though so I could end on a green arrow still if Baines is kept quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

58 points surprisingly up to 7100 a new PB and a climb of over 2700, all players played. No transfers this week if I went with my Rooney/Clichy to PVA/Aguero would have cost me 8 more points now if I could only get my captain choices right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭shano_88

42 points all in after the wildcard. Massive fail getting rid of Costa for Aguero.

Down 2k places to ~7k.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

49 has seen me gain on yesterday, but still an overall drop of 5k places to 101k. Ew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

37 points, 2.5m gameweek rank, down from 3k to 6k overall. Wisdom to go, it was worst gameweek of the season.

Went against the masses in captaining neither Kane or Aguero ( went with Hazard). Kinda annoyed I got no return for taking that risk more than anything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

41 (-4).

1k places down from 1.4k to 2.4k.

Dissapointed, but not the end of the world.

Next week fixtures look much more promising, hope to get up in rankings again.

Too many red arrows in last few weeks, WestHam game killed my score this week - need to rethink Downing again...

335637.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I was terrified by this GW beforehand. At least I was right to be :rolleyes:...

41 pts. 2m+ GW. Down 11k to 41k. 7 pts today from 4 players. Hart & Zab have been industrial disasters. Like Baines before them :(... And another captain fail.

WC active but Aguero no show today will be an annoyance... Bring him in for another 1 pointer and save some cash? Or forget about the cash and wait for him to be really fit?

I said it often though. With the season I'm having (never really seem to get the right players and captains at the right time) I'll take immensely more satisfaction of a top 10k finish If I can manage it than I did from my great season last year.

- edit -
    By the way lost all my H2H games this week. Out of the FPL Cup too. Was my best run though. A GW to forget. All focus on the WC now :).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

iroced wrote: »
    I was terrified by this GW beforehand. At least I was right to be :rolleyes:...

41 pts. 2m+ GW. Down 11k to 41k. 7 pts today from 4 players. Hart & Zab have been industrial disasters. Like Baines before them :(... And another captain fail.

WC active but Aguero no show today will be an annoyance... Bring him in for another 1 pointer and save some cash? Or forget about the cash and wait for him to be really fit?

I said it often though. With the season I'm having (never really seem to get the right players and captains at the right time) I'll take immensely more satisfaction of a top 10k finish If I can manage it than I did from my great season last year.

City defence is to be avoided this season.

I got some cheapies 2 weeks ago and they performed better than my premium ones. Not a perfect solution, but at least they don't piss you off that much when they cost 4m;)

Dissapointing week, but the next one will make it up i hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

wonski wrote: »
    City defence is to be avoided this season.

I got some cheapies 2 weeks ago and they performed better than my premium ones. Not a perfect solution, but at least they don't piss you off that much when they cost 4m;)

Dissapointing week, but the next one will make it up i hope.

Yeah I agree with you. Got carried away by their good run just before Christmas and with their fixtures list during the festive period I fell in the wide open trap :(...

Zab got me 1 pt in 4 games (successfully benched him last week). Who could have guessed he'll be worse than Baines :rolleyes:? And Hart was not that catastrophic but should have gone with my first plan (Panti) instead (would have saved £0.2m too - actually £0.1m since I cashed in £0.1m on Hart yesterday). Can't believe I put so much efforts in my GK analyses and didn't follow my own findings and conclusions :rolleyes:...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Zabaleta has the title of being my worst transfer. I took a hit to bring him in and he got me three zeroes. Really excellent stuff there. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

A very very strange week. I had another captaincy fail, Hazard. Yet he still out scored the two players I was worried that I didn't have - Kane and Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Albion v @Everton: Foster, Wisdom, McAuley, Lescott, Baird, Gardner, Brunt, Yacob, Morrison, Anichebe, Berahino. #EVEWBA #COYB

Everton: Joel, Coleman Jagielka Stones Baines Besic Barry Naismith Barkley Mirallas Lukaku

Have you heard about the Baird? Everyone's heard about the Baird. Baird, Baird, baird is the word

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Everton: Robles, Coleman, Baines, Jagielka, Stones, Barry, Besic, Mirallas, Barkley, Naismith, Lukaku

Subs: Griffiths, Hibbert, Alcaraz, Garbutt, Oviedo, Koné, McAleny

West Brom: Foster, Wisdom, McAuley, Lescott, Baird, Gardner, Brunt, Yacob, Morrison, Anichebe, Berahino

Subs: Myhill, Pocognoli, Dawson, Dorrans, Sessegnon, Samaras, Ideye

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

KevIRL wrote: »
    Have you heard about the Baird? Everyone's heard about the Baird. Baird, Baird, baird is the word

Gotta keep an eye on this though: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30884273

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Wisdom coming off the bench for me tonight, a Cleanie with an assist would be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Wisdom and Baines to get a cleanie and 3 bonus each or a Baines hattrick of a penalty, freekick and pile driver with minimum cockblocking from my pal Mirallas please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

i need 9 points from foster to draw my champ cup game 10 to win it
    he couldn't do it could he ......:p
    just checked and he did it away to Leicester .......its the hope that kills ya

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

jebforever wrote: »
    Everton: Robles, Coleman, Baines, Jagielka, Stones, Barry, Besic, Mirallas, Barkley, Naismith, Lukaku

Subs: Griffiths, Hibbert, Alcaraz, Garbutt, Oviedo, Koné, McAleny

West Brom: Foster, Wisdom, McAuley, Lescott, Baird, Gardner, Brunt, Yacob, Morrison, Anichebe, Berahino

Subs: Myhill, Pocognoli, Dawson, Dorrans, Sessegnon, Samaras, Ideye

Everton's subs are dreadful. Jagielka my only hope in this game but they're just so bad these days

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Zabaleta has the title of being my worst transfer. I took a hit to bring him in and he got me three zeroes. Really excellent stuff there. :pac:

ah stop, i've had him for the last 5 GW's and got 3 points :eek::eek:

Him and Baines are on the chopping board when i play the WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

km79 wrote: »
    i need 9 points from foster to draw my champ cup game 10 to win it
    he couldn't do it could he ......:p
    just checked and he did it away to Leicester .......its the hope that kills ya

Ha, the best way for this to happen is for him to save a Baines Penalty, but since i need a Baines goal to go win my champ cup game, i hope it doesn't happen for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Ha, the best way for this to happen is for him to save a Baines Penalty, but since i need a Baines goal to go win my champ cup game, i hope it doesn't happen for you :)

i would LOVE that to happen seen as I finally sold baines 2 weeks ago
    of course he has got 2 assists since ........I've a feeling he will make me angry tonight !

• Advertisement

Baines on the ball a lot

Advertisement