Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If the Pope came to Ireland, would you go to see him?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I wonder how the vote would look had you posted this in the Christianity forum rather than AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

That's a gas one, if that was post about any other major religion we would have the usual "think of the childern" crowd bashing it and banning of the poster and a nice little post from a mod. But it's about the RCC, so that's grand

No I'd just point out the blantant obvious flaws in the credibility of what ever religion we might he speaking about. Kiddy fiddling, embezzling of money, persecution of their own nevermind people of other religions and blatant abuse of their positions of trust just happen to be Roman Catholic specialties :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Yes I would because he's much more open minded and sounder than all the other popes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Sure, flying a big rainbow flag up front and center. Because **** you "Il Papa" and your homophobic religion. http://in.reuters.com/article/2015/01/16/pope-philippines-idINL3N0UV1U220150116

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

No I'd just point out the blantant obvious flaws in the credibility of what ever religion we might he speaking about. Kiddy fiddling, embezzling of money, persecution of their own nevermind people of other religions and blatant abuse of their positions of trust just happen to be Roman Catholic specialties :-)

Do you've any proof that he's the head of the this notorious peadophile ring that you've mentioned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Whatever people's thoughts are, he is still a very powerful and influential figure in the world. I'm always interested on what he has to say. I'm also interested in what other world figures have to say too mind.

Although Papa Francesco loses some points with me for refusing to meet the Dalai Lama on his recent trip to Rome.

Greentopia wrote: »
    Sure, flying a big rainbow flag up front and center. Because **** you "Il Papa" and your homophobic religion. http://in.reuters.com/article/2015/01/16/pope-philippines-idINL3N0UV1U220150116

You'd think all those Catholic parents would just stop making gay kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

That's a gas one, if that was post about any other major religion we would have the usual "think of the childern" crowd bashing it and banning of the poster and a nice little post from a mod. But it's about the RCC, so that's grand

More people say this than there are people actually "bashing" the RCC.

I don't know where it comes from.

Do you've any proof that he's the head of the this notorious peadophile ring that you've mentioned?

Have you only been born, not had access to any form of media until this very moment or just choose to remain completely ignorant.

More people say this than there are people actually "bashing" the RCC.

I don't know where it comes from.

Really? Have a look through the thread there. How many inflammatory/trolly posts and how many posts similar to mine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

If he was in my front garden I wouldn't go out of my way to look out the window, to be honest.

Have you only been born, not had access to any firm if media until this very moment or just choose to remain completely ignorant.

So..... that'd be a no then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Would definitely

So..... that'd be a no then?

Yeah its a no then .....

Respectfully suggest typing Pope+child abuse+denial+compensation into Google

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

If only to see all the idiot sky fairy believing nut jobs line up to recite repetitive chants about their devotion to an invisible non existent being who is master of a notorious peadophile ring.

Actually that sounds properly dangerous. Maybe not.

Mod

this type of thing is why threads like this turn to shyte.

Please don't post in this thread again.

Yeah its a no then .....

Respectfully suggest typing Pope+child abuse+denial+compensation into Google

Sorry I won't be doing your research for you, might want to do a little yourself before throwing out stupid statments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I don't understand why anyone would stand outside to see a fellow from miles away TBH. Maybe if he was a decent guitarist or something. Is he a decent guitarist?

That might change things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Sorry I won't be doing your research for you, might want to do a little yourself before throwing out stupid statments

With all due respect, that doesn't even come close to making sense

COYVB wrote: »
    With all due respect, that doesn't even come close to making sense

Have an adult read it for you then?

I think I might go, if he came. I have good memories from JP2's visit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Really? Have a look through the thread there. How many inflammatory/trolly posts and how many posts similar to mine?

There was 1 which a mod dealt with. As I said, more complaints about it than actually happen. I recommend reading some of the threads about Islam or the atheism thread to see how wrong you are.

Mod

this type of thing is why threads like this turn to shyte.

Please don't post in this thread again.

I'm sorry but go again. If you don't like to hear an opionon that ridicules the lunacy that is religion then with all due respect I suggest that you're modding the wrong thread. Its not as if I'm posting untruths. To subject honest, factual posts to censure purely on the basis that you don't like it is really not much use to anybody. Might be time to take a back seat on this one and allow a non biased mod to step in.

Genuine suggestion. No intent of further annoying you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I'm sorry but go again. If you don't like to hear an opionon that ridicules the lunacy that is religion then with all due respect I suggest that you're modding the wrong thread. Its not as if I'm posting untruths. To subject honest, factual posts to censure purely on the basis that you don't like it is really not much use to anybody. Might be time to take a back seat on this one and allow a non biased mod to step in.

Well, now your f*cked.

Factual but can't provide a single link even, good luck with that

Well, now your f*cked.

Well if I am it'll kinda price my point.

There was 1 which a mod dealt with. As I said, more complaints about it than actually happen. I recommend reading some of the threads about Islam or the atheism thread to see how wrong you are.

And how many complaints? Just the one. Which proves your theory incorrect

Factual but can't provide a single link even, good luck with that

Ditto.

Asks for proof god exists !!!!!

(Link please)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I heard the last time he came, he young one's were awful lose and the craic was up to ninety. For those reasons alone, I would go.

I'd also invite him to my house for tea and ask I can try on his big hat thing.

Ditto.

Asks for proof god exists !!!!!

(Link please)

I never made a claim he did?, now if you'd enlighten us with links to back your factual claims

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Yip went to Galway in 1979 and would go to see this pope as well

Advertisement