Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghosts - What are your experiences?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Thats a great post, thanks a lot for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Don't wanna sound nuts but i think i might be experiencing something possibyl paranormal....

On 3 occassions at my apartment, i am turning off my Smart TV at the wall socket switch and when i come back (few mins to a few hours) the TV is back on.

I have 3 witnesses to this too so i know that i did turn it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Video it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Galway K9 wrote: »
    On 3 occassions at my apartment, i am turning off my Smart TV at the wall socket switch and when i come back (few mins to a few hours) the TV is back on.

I have 3 witnesses to this too so i know that i did turn it off.

Hey it's not called a smart tv for nothing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Video it.

Its when i come back into the room or come back home. I wrapped up the cord and plug tonight and will continue do this for the next 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Its when i come back into the room or come back home. I wrapped up the cord and plug tonight and will continue do this for the next 2 weeks.

set up a laptop in the same room and have it running with its builtin camera or a webcam (if it doesnt have a built in one). You can have something like that running for long periods of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Here's one of mine,I posted it up a couple of years ago but ill throw it up again,if only to keep this great thread going
    After reading the huge(but brilliant) haunted
    cork thread from start to finish,i came to
    wonder that there must be as many,if not more
    experiences people had in Dublin,ill start off
    with something odd that happened me.a few
    years back i was working as a floor sander/
    French polisher,and one particular morning in
    2001,my boss dropped me at a house in an
    estate off blackhorse avenue to start a job.all
    was going as normal,i had finished sanding the
    two bedrooms and had started Hoovering up the
    dust so i could lay the first coat.the Hoover was
    plugged into a socket in the corner behind
    me.all of a sudden the Hoover stopped so i looked around and it was plugged out of the wall.so,thinking i had pulled it from the wall myself i pulled some slack out,plugged it back in
    and got back to work,and then bang.it was out of the socket again,and no way had i pulled it out this time,as the slack wire was still coiled on the floor.
    There was nobody in the house and i
    had locked myself in from the inside so i was feeling pretty freaked out now. I plugged it back in and Hoovered the rest up without incident.
    I decided it was lunchtime,locked the place up then fecked off for a bite to eat.
    When I returned,40 mins later thereabouts,I opened the front door and i was greeted by the sound of the
    HOOVER upstairs! i almost sh#t myself.i darted up the stairs in about 3 bounds and there it was,plugged in again.i unplugged it,grabbed it,and i ran outside as quick as i could and locked the
    door behind me.my tools were still
    inside.
    I sat on the low end of a skip and lit a
    cigarette and rang my boss and to say he was furious was an understatement.my boss was a big slab of a fella who didn't suffer fools gladly.
    As i was pleading my case with him i glanced up at the upstairs window and
    froze.there were two figures staring down at me,one of an adult and one of a child,i couldn't tell the sex of either.My boss was still shouting down the phone at me but i was speechless and he hung up the phone,i didn't tell him about
    the two figures.
    He was on the scene in about 15
    minutes, and i genuinely thought he was going to smack me one.Another argument ensued,at one stage he even asked was i on drugs!
    nonetheless i wouldn't go back in for love nor money,so it was agreed
    he would finish my job, and he drove me to the one he had been on
    He picked me up the next
    morning as normal,and i asked him did anything happen him in the house,and he grunted no.So,not wanting to incur his wrath again,I wisely left it at that.
    Cue three months later,when we were having our Christmas drink,one of the lads was slaggin me over it and my boss,who had a few on him froze.
    It transpired that,after he finished up that day he secured the house,and was loading up our gear when he glanced back,and saw a woman and a child looking out the window of the locked,empty house at him,and when he went to collect the
    outstanding balance a couple of weeks later,there they were again.makes my hairs stand on end everytime i pass that estate,which is almost daily
    unfortunately.sorry about the long post.
    Harry.

Now,that was my original post from a few years back,what I didn't mention back then,for fear of being labeled a bullsh1tter was the time and date that this happened me.It was around 1pm,September 11th,2001.I don't know whether that was significant,or purely coincidental,but it was really fkin strange to say the least! And still sticks in my mind,clear as day13 years later.

Did you ever google the address to see if there is a known history?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭irish gent

I have recently experienced the 11:11 everytime I look at the digital clock.
    But I put it down to my body clock .Untill my phone was plugged in a charging when the light came on and I looked at the clock, it was reading 11:11 that freaked me out. I look up the net and found that alot of people find this happens. .They're saying its connected to a sprint world..Anyone experience this ..

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭I Am_Not_Ice

Gal44 wrote: »
    How did you get on with the video camera? you could also put something on the light switch and see if its on your hand/fingers next morning..

It actually hasn't happened since. If it does start again, I'll certainly give the camera idea a go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

irish gent wrote: »
    But I put it down to my body clock .Untill my phone was plugged in a charging when the light came on and I looked at the clock, it was reading 11:11 that freaked me out. I look up the net and found that alot of people find this happens. .They're saying its connected to a sprint world..Anyone experience this ..

Indeed its been mentioned a few times here, but I personally would put that down to coincidence. Lets face it, the clock will be at that time twice a day and you may well be in some sort of routine.

I didn't mention this before for similar reasons.

1) A few months an elderly work colleague had taken quite seriously ill and was hospitalised for what we thought would be long term.

About 2 weeks after that I was getting out of bed and I immediately thought "must get a Get Well Card" and put in the post today.

I pulled open the curtains and who was sitting outside my house in the passenger seat of a parked car? Work colleague out for a spin in recovery.

2) I hadn't seen a friend for some months as they had moved to Dublin. I was driving and day dreaming and was wondering how they were getting on.

And who passes me by in car from opposite direction?

3) Went to get my phone to call pal to go out for a coffee. Wandered to front door, phone ringing....who is driving directly past my house?

4) Nearly once every day I go to pick up the phone to call my partner and what happens? Phone rings or text comes in from her just as I'm picking up phone or writing text...she reports the same thing about me.

I put it down to coincidence, but very often I think there should really be something more to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Kettleson wrote: »
    Indeed its been mentioned a few times here, but I personally would put that down to coincidence. Lets face it, the clock will be at that time twice a day and you may well be in some sort of routine.

I didn't mention this before for similar reasons.

1) A few months an elderly work colleague had taken quite seriously ill and was hospitalised for what we thought would be long term.

About 2 weeks after that I was getting out of bed and I immediately thought "must get a Get Well Card" and put in the post today.

I pulled open the curtains and who was sitting outside my house in the passenger seat of a parked car? Work colleague out for a spin in recovery.

2) I hadn't seen a friend for some months as they had moved to Dublin. I was driving and day dreaming and was wondering how they were getting on.

And who passes me by in car from opposite direction?

3) Went to get my phone to call pal to go out for a coffee. Wandered to front door, phone ringing....who is driving directly past my house?

4) Nearly once every day I go to pick up the phone to call my partner and what happens? Phone rings or text comes in from her just as I'm picking up phone or writing text...she reports the same thing about me.

I put it down to coincidence, but very often I think there should really be something more to it.

your experiences are not paranormal, that is simply the law of attraction :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

celica00 wrote: »
    your experiences are not paranormal, that is simply the law of attraction :)

I'll read up about it...I just remembered only a few weeks ago...

5) I had driven 160 miles to see family.

On the way to the shops I decided to call past a good friends house who I hadn't seen for months. No answer, no one in. Left the house.

Drove to shops and back to family home. 15 minutes later I got a call from my partner 160 miles away to say the same friend had phoned to see how I was.

So I rang him and said "I just been at your own door". That sort of things happens quite a lot with him too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Here's one of mine,I posted it up a couple of years ago but ill throw it up again,if only to keep this great thread going
    After reading the huge(but brilliant) haunted
    cork thread from start to finish,i came to
    wonder that there must be as many,if not more
    experiences people had in Dublin,ill start off
    with something odd that happened me.a few
    years back i was working as a floor sander/
    French polisher,and one particular morning in
    2001,my boss dropped me at a house in an
    estate off blackhorse avenue to start a job.all
    was going as normal,i had finished sanding the
    two bedrooms and had started Hoovering up the
    dust so i could lay the first coat.the Hoover was
    plugged into a socket in the corner behind
    me.all of a sudden the Hoover stopped so i looked around and it was plugged out of the wall.so,thinking i had pulled it from the wall myself i pulled some slack out,plugged it back in
    and got back to work,and then bang.it was out of the socket again,and no way had i pulled it out this time,as the slack wire was still coiled on the floor.
    There was nobody in the house and i
    had locked myself in from the inside so i was feeling pretty freaked out now. I plugged it back in and Hoovered the rest up without incident.
    I decided it was lunchtime,locked the place up then fecked off for a bite to eat.
    When I returned,40 mins later thereabouts,I opened the front door and i was greeted by the sound of the
    HOOVER upstairs! i almost sh#t myself.i darted up the stairs in about 3 bounds and there it was,plugged in again.i unplugged it,grabbed it,and i ran outside as quick as i could and locked the
    door behind me.my tools were still
    inside.
    I sat on the low end of a skip and lit a
    cigarette and rang my boss and to say he was furious was an understatement.my boss was a big slab of a fella who didn't suffer fools gladly.
    As i was pleading my case with him i glanced up at the upstairs window and
    froze.there were two figures staring down at me,one of an adult and one of a child,i couldn't tell the sex of either.My boss was still shouting down the phone at me but i was speechless and he hung up the phone,i didn't tell him about
    the two figures.
    He was on the scene in about 15
    minutes, and i genuinely thought he was going to smack me one.Another argument ensued,at one stage he even asked was i on drugs!
    nonetheless i wouldn't go back in for love nor money,so it was agreed
    he would finish my job, and he drove me to the one he had been on
    He picked me up the next
    morning as normal,and i asked him did anything happen him in the house,and he grunted no.So,not wanting to incur his wrath again,I wisely left it at that.
    Cue three months later,when we were having our Christmas drink,one of the lads was slaggin me over it and my boss,who had a few on him froze.
    It transpired that,after he finished up that day he secured the house,and was loading up our gear when he glanced back,and saw a woman and a child looking out the window of the locked,empty house at him,and when he went to collect the
    outstanding balance a couple of weeks later,there they were again.makes my hairs stand on end everytime i pass that estate,which is almost daily
    unfortunately.sorry about the long post.
    Harry.

Now,that was my original post from a few years back,what I didn't mention back then,for fear of being labeled a bullsh1tter was the time and date that this happened me.It was around 1pm,September 11th,2001.I don't know whether that was significant,or purely coincidental,but it was really fkin strange to say the least! And still sticks in my mind,clear as day13 years later.

Great story, I feel bad because I am genuinely tempted to fix the formatting for you!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

irish gent wrote: »

its 4.44 in the morning for me, i've lost count of the times i've woken and glanced at the the alarm clock and its 4.44

its beyond freaky, i've got a feeling something bad is going to happen at that time in the future :(

fryup wrote: »
    its 4.44 in the morning for me, i've lost count of the times i've woken and glanced at the the alarm clock and its 4.44

its beyond freaky, i've got a feeling something bad is going to happen at that time in the future :(

Don't stress it Dude, your mind is like a computer and picks up shyte all the time. The more you think about 444 the more you see it. Nothing paranormal about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Did you ever google the address to see if there is a known history?

I did,but turned up blank. My late father grew up in cabra,not a million miles away from the estate in question, and the only story he can remember when he was a kid was that of lord norbury,the hanging judge. An interesting tale in itself.
    When i originally posted,i was contacted via pm by one of the regular posters on this forum asking the specific estate where it happened, i obliged, and the poster told me that they done an investigation into poltergeist activity in a home a couple of streets away.
    The estate wouldn't be 'old' as such,probably built in the 70s.
    I've sent you a pm mickey,with the street name, but not the number. Maybe you might find something i overlooked.

I think you PMd an old troll account. He copied my name before.

I think you PMd an old troll account. He copied my name before.

Its just gone through,wifi is a bit spotty today,I don't think its a troll account, as the post count is over 40,000 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭orubiru

Are we allowed to be skeptical on the thread? I didn't see a MOD note about it...

What do people think that a "ghost" is? How is it that we are able to see them?

I wonder if a lot of people who claim to have seen a ghost actually understand how eyeballs work, the relationship between light and eyes and how out brains process and interpret the information collected by the eyes.

The eyes receive light that is either reflected or emitted by objects.

So when someone claims they have seen a ghost they are really saying that a configuration of matter, that resembles a human being in shape and size, has spontaneously appeared in the universe and absorbed some of the light from the sun and reflected the rest back into the eyes of the observer. Or, they are saying that a source of light, resembling a human being in shape and size, has spontaneously appeared in the universe and that light reaches the eye of the observer.

If this were possible then the consequences for us would be far reaching, to say the least. There are around 7 billion living humans but there are also around 100 billion dead humans (and who knows how many future humans have yet to come into existence). If it were possible for them to appear and disappear, in the way that ghost sightings are often described, everyday life would be an utterly insane experience. Like when you walk through the center of Dublin on a busy Saturday... how many of the people you are seeing are actually ghosts? 10%? 50%?

Or they are just hallucinations or tricks of the mind.

We also have to consider how memory works. How reliable is a remembered tale of a strange experience?

Of course, I have never seen a ghost (though I have had one terrifying experience that I can only explain by "my mind playing tricks") but I like reading about people who say they have experienced something.

Is it possible that our minds are tricky enough to create vivid memories of events that never happened? It is possible that memories can bleed in to each other so that when we reconstruct these memories we somehow create these "paranormal" stories ourselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

We have a resident who tends to only make herself known if there is something stressful going on. She's been seen by six people, myself included, that I know of. All were independent sightings, in the sense that my parents never told anyone about her, lest they think we are a family of freaks, and it was reported back to them that she had been seen. I've seen her three times and heard (what I assume to be her) once. I suspect my Dad sees a lot more than he lets on to the rest of us.

• Advertisement

I’m not sure what to make of this experience, but I thought I’d post it here anyway to see what people thought. Over the course of the last month or so, on at least four occasions, I’ve woken up in the middle of the night to find my bedroom light on. The room itself has two light switches: one next to the door, and one above the bed. I live with two other people, but I always lock my bedroom door at night, thus ruling out the possibility of someone coming into the room in the early hours and turning on the light as some sort of prank. I sleep with the lights off and always have done, meaning when I fall asleep the room is dark (save for the weak amber glow of a distant street light). Yet despite this, I’ve woken up four times in recent weeks to find that the light is on. Now, I’m perfectly willing to accept the possibility that I’m doing this myself, i.e. reaching up to the switch above the bed and turning on the light whilst I’m still asleep. The troubling thing is, I never have any recollection of doing this upon waking up. So how can I wake up to find the light switched on, yet not wake up whilst in the act of switching it on? I don’t have a history of sleepwalking or anything of that nature, which is why I’m beginning to entertain the notion that a supernatural agent may be responsible. That said, the house in which I live has absolutely NO history of paranormal activity whatsoever, and I have personally never experienced anything out of the ordinary before.
    So what do people think? Has anyone ever had a similar experience?

Oh man, I am really REALLY interested in something like this right now.

How long were you reading this thread before you started experiencing this? Had you watched a "paranormal" themed movie or TV show that you either really enjoyed or couldn't stop thinking about?

The obvious answer is "sleepwalking" but to hell with that!

The facts are that something is flicking the light switches and since you are the only person in a locked room, you would be the prime suspect.

2 switches for one light is intriguing cos it could be something to do with the electrics then? I don't know enough about that.

I wonder if you forget to switch the light off, fall asleep and then because switching the light off is part of your "routine" when you wake up you "remember" that you switched it off?

OR, you are waking up and turning the light on for some reason and then forgetting that you've done that?

I don't want to freak you out but would you consider Alzheimers or dementia to be a possibility? Maybe you are not old enough? Just that if this is a regular thing then it may be worth looking into it, just in case.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    We have a resident who tends to only make herself known if there is something stressful going on. She's been seen by six people, myself included, that I know of. All were independent sightings, in the sense that my parents never told anyone about her, lest they think we are a family of freaks, and it was reported back to them that she had been seen. I've seen her three times and heard (what I assume to be her) once. I suspect my Dad sees a lot more than he lets on to the rest of us.

When you say "seen"... can you describe that?

I mean, can you see them in great detail? Or is it more of an "impression".

Genuinely interested.

Things like Folie a deux, Mass Hysteria etc are fairly well documented, but not well understood.

Would your family have a "hierarchy" of sorts... if the belief is somehow indirectly imposed on the group by someone else... "Folie Imposee" is also well documented.

It's pretty fascinating.

orubiru wrote: »

Genuinely interested.

Things like Folie a deux, Mass Hysteria etc are fairly well documented, but not well understood.

Would your family have a "hierarchy" of sorts... if the belief is somehow indirectly imposed on the group by someone else... "Folie Imposee" is also well documented.

It's pretty fascinating.
    Hearing things are much more common than seeing things. I still havent worked out where these sounds were coming from (its from a while back - I had thought it was cleaners or someone on the premises, but further enquires to management etc confirmed the place had its alarms on and was securely locked up at the time)

Of course, I have never seen a ghost (though I have had one terrifying experience that I can only explain by "my mind playing tricks") but I like reading about people who say they have experienced something.

Is it possible that our minds are tricky enough to create vivid memories of events that never happened? It is possible that memories can bleed in to each other so that when we reconstruct these memories we somehow create these "paranormal" stories ourselves?

While the human brain is undeniably a very powerful tool,some things just can't be explained. The experience I recounted a few pages pages back is an example. The hoover was physically pulled from the socket, and the figures in the window(which I never mentioned to my boss,I just told him about the hoover) manifested separately on three different occasions to two grown men,myself being one,who had no knowledge of what the other had experienced.
    Another thing I'll throw in.People from north county Dublin might of heard of a ghost story connected to ardgillan castle.Basically the story goes that the footbridge on the skerries road,known locally as the ladys stairs,is haunted by a former resident of ardgillen,whose husband crossed the bridge one evening to go swimming but drowned.
    I quite often walk the dog in ardgillen,and he loves it,but when we get to the bottom corner of the grounds,where the lady's stairs is,he goes mental. He just stares at the bridge,tail stuck in the air, with his teeth showing. My dog is very placid,he won't even bark at a cat,but whatever he sees or senses down there sends him off the wall.

maccored wrote: »
    Hearing things are much more common than seeing things. I still havent worked out where these sounds were coming from (its from a while back - I had thought it was cleaners or someone on the premises, but further enquires to management etc confirmed the place had its alarms on and was securely locked up at the time)

That makes a lot of sense actually. Hm.

The problem with "hearing things" is that it's nearly impossible to determine what you have been hearing if the sound is unfamiliar. I think some kind of paranormal explanation would be quite far down the list and we'd probably only arrive there after trying to avoid regular explanations (for example, someone with knowledge could unlock and relock a door... an alarm can be switched off and switched back on again).

I love the idea of some event happening making all that noise and the people doing it being totally oblivious to the fact that there is someone else out there overhearing and being totally freaked out.

While the human brain is undeniably a very powerful tool,some things just can't be explained. The experience I recounted a few pages pages back is an example. The hoover was physically pulled from the socket, and the figures in the window(which I never mentioned to my boss,I just told him about the hoover) manifested separately on three different occasions to two grown men,myself being one,who had no knowledge of what the other had experienced.
    Another thing I'll throw in.People from north county Dublin might of heard of a ghost story connected to ardgillan castle.Basically the story goes that the footbridge on the skerries road,known locally as the ladys stairs,is haunted by a former resident of ardgillen,whose husband crossed the bridge one evening to go swimming but drowned.
    I quite often walk the dog in ardgillen,and he loves it,but when we get to the bottom corner of the grounds,where the lady's stairs is,he goes mental. He just stares at the bridge,tail stuck in the air, with his teeth showing. My dog is very placid,he won't even bark at a cat,but whatever he sees or senses down there sends him off the wall.

That's the thing though, almost all of these things CAN be explained if we consider the capacity for the human brain to sometimes function WAY outside of what would be considered normal processing.

A major stumbling block is that figures can't simply "manifest". Reality does not work like that and nobody has even demonstrated that reality CAN work like that. We DO know, however, that the human mind can "see" things that are not there. Hallucination is well documented. Shared delusional experiences are also well documented.

I would say that in your mind the hoover was pulled out by an unknown force. In your minds there were figures at the window. Outside of your mind? Probably not. This does not make the experience less valid. I am just suggesting that the theater in which these experiences took place was internal rather than external.

Imagine watching a movie on an LCD screen. What you are looking at, externally, is an array of pixels. What you are experiencing, internally, is a story with narrative and characters and events unfolding.

I am suggesting that your paranormal experience took place in your mind and that your mind is powerful enough to make it seem utterly real and physical when it couldn't be.

I'm not saying that there isn't "something". I am saying that all of the evidence suggests that this "something" comes from within and that we are even able to "transmit" to others.

That makes a lot of sense actually. Hm.

The problem with "hearing things" is that it's nearly impossible to determine what you have been hearing if the sound is unfamiliar. I think some kind of paranormal explanation would be quite far down the list and we'd probably only arrive there after trying to avoid regular explanations (for example, someone with knowledge could unlock and relock a door... an alarm can be switched off and switched back on again).

I love the idea of some event happening making all that noise and the people doing it being totally oblivious to the fact that there is someone else out there overhearing and being totally freaked out.

which would be loverly if there was someone in there, or indeed if it were possible to hear someone from outside at that particular area (even though it was coming from behind the glass doors and inside the supermarket - we'll ignore that for the minute). In the video above though there wasnt anyone in the supermarket and you cant hear people from outside as clearly as that.

I really doubt anyone would be unlocking a Superquinn, going in, having a laugh and then leaving again unbeknownst to management.

maccored wrote: »
    which would be loverly if there was someone in there, or indeed if it were possible to hear someone from outside at that particular area (even though it was coming from behind the glass doors and inside the supermarket - we'll ignore that for the minute). In the video above though there wasnt anyone in the supermarket and you cant hear people from outside as clearly as that.

The guys say "there isn't anybody in there" but obviously there is.

Genuinely interested.

It's pretty fascinating.

Not entirely sure what you mean by "hierarchy". My Dad seems to be the most "susceptible" (if that is even the right word) to stuff like that, and my Gran (on his side) even more so. The people who have claimed to see her include my Dad's sister. I know that he never told anyone what he saw, as he didn't want to come across as a weirdo, and she just came into the house one day and said to him, "hate to tell you this but you have a ghost" and he was like, "er...yes I know!" :pac: A number of years ago, my uncle (on my Mum's side) appeared to see her. He was quite shaken. They were sitting outside on the decking and he saw a woman of about 5ft in height and wearing what looked like a black shawl going through the glass door into the sitting room. He got quite upset and asked my Dad repeatedly, "did you see a woman just now?". I'm fairly sure it wasn't his imagination - he's an alcholic so we can rule out drink lol. A guy I was seeing for a while said that he saw her standing just outside our house near the ditch, same description but nothing "floaty" or anything. In fact I think he thought it was a person, but considered it strange given it was so late and we live in a very rural area.

A friend and myself had a weird experience when I left my phone behind after she's been in my house. I'll put my hands up and say I don't know if this was anything untoward or simply a crossed signal but basically, she was at my house for a while and left. I left around half an hour later to go to the shops with my parents. On the way down, I couldn't find my phone in my bag so used my Dad's phone to call it. It rang, and what sounded like my friend answered and said "your phone is here". I figured she'd gone off with it by mistake but when I called down to her, she didn't know what I was talking about. Went back to the house (which was, and had been the entire time, empty) and my phone was on the mantel over the fire. No call log. That was the only thing that unnerved me tbh. The other incidents didn't.

I think my first time, I was around 14 and there was just a shape in my room, looked like someone huddled over between the door hinge and the shelves. I sat up in bed trying to figure out what it was for ages and eventually got so tired that I just didn't care any more and pulled the duvet over my head and went to sleep! :D In the morning, there wasn't anything there.

I was bathing our sick dog one evening and carrying her from the bathroom to my bedroom. As I turned out of the bathroom to walk to the bedroom with the dog, I saw a small woman dressed in black walking into my room. I didn't think, oh there she is. It's a funny thing about these experiences, that the mind always goes to the most rational, doesn't it? So sure was I that we had an intruder, a real life, solid woman and not a wispy ghost, that I kicked the door in so that I could see the entire room before stepping cautiously in. There was nobody there of course.

I've heard footsteps when I am in the house alone. Slow, steady like men's new shoes on tiles. First time it happened I ran out of the house as I thought it was an intruder - Mam came home and I was in the front garden lol

My brother has had someone pulling the duvet up on him and tucking him in :P He informed my mother he was too old to be tucked in and she didn't need to bother coming in to make sure. LOl, we just let him believe it was her as he'd shít himself otherwise.

My most recent was shortly after our beloved dog had passed away and there was a lot of upset and sadness in the house. She simply walked down the hall in front of me. I don't know how to describe it in any kind of satisfactory way. It's not like she appeared and then vaporised, like the way you'd see in a horror movie. The only way I can describe it is by asking, do you remember the moment you fall asleep and wake up? Probably not, it's more like you just find yourself being awake. It's like she was there, but I dont remember her not being there and then appearing. And then she was gone, but I don't remember her going. You do second guess yourself though.

There's been other small stuff like the sound of things falling but nothing there etc but those are not exactly solid experiences!

• Advertisement

Has anyone had their house er "cleansed"? My mum keeps saying we need to "get it blessed" lol

Advertisement