Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

'Person of Interest' producers on
    's death, that big kiss

http://t.co/ozGJmtY1Hi

And I cry. Chuffed for Sarah, and here's hoping she will come back some day.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Stayed up until 3am to watch this, and glad I did. Great sendoff to an amazing character,
    though the door is open to a return in the future??

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Absolutely, thats what I think too. Could be Samaritan's physical body in a few years - Cyborg Shaw? Yes please! :)

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Yep - a physical manifestation of Samaritan would make an interesting contrast to Root, who is effectively the real world representation of The Machine. I don't think it's the last we've seen of Sarah Shahi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

And that's why POI is the best thing on television. Outstanding episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

There are just not enough emoticons.

Brilliant episode, very well executed, I loved the simplified simulation bit.

I did not shed a tear at the end, nope, no man tears, definitely not. It was just raining, inside...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Finally they kissed. Really hope Sarah comes back like that would be awesome!

I wonder what will happen next week? Best episode ever, was a bit repetitive in the middle though, especially when the machine slows down.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,866 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I never even considered that she could be alive, but maybe she was spared last minute on Samaritan's orders. Though I'm sure The Machine would see and let Root know.

I wouldn't want to be a member of Team Samaritan meeting Root any time soon, especially that blonde. I actually wouldn't mind seeing a back story for her and the Samaritan guy.
    Speaking of, how come he didn't come into the server room in the last scenario? Was it because they got in without the alarm going off?

enjoyed the lightheartedness in the last scenario where they just basically spoke as the Machine interprets them, plus Fusco kissing Root since it's a simulation.

As for the ending, after Root putting herself out there in the second scenario before dying, that just added to the ending,

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

There was a debate on Reddit as to whether a 13 episode run is better than a 22 episode run. The common consensus is that it is, unless it's a sitcom, with no major arc or serial story.

Person of Interest is the only show I can think of that is better served by the extra episodes. It's an anomaly. A wolf in sheep's clothing, that people are still slow to come around and appreciate. I haven't been this invested since Fringe or Lost.

Also, that music...just subscribed to a Spotify playlist of Person of Interest. Every song knocks it out of the park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

First time I watched it I thought the last sound was the elevator door closing. Listening again through earphones it sounded more like a gunshot. Be a little bit of a cop out if she's not actually dead, but one I could live with.

Brilliant episode. The bit or repetition in the middle made a bit more sense when you consider the ad breaks there would have been in between.

Don't know how they kept a straight face in the simplified simulation: "Mildly agitated declaration of mission completion"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

We're going to see if Shaw is alive or not.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGYaq4IhvLU

Will be interested to see Control's response. I think the actor for Control is brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGYaq4IhvLU

• Registered Users Posts: 28,866 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've said before, but the great thing about this show is even if one of the other scenarios had played out, all the characters are so well written that the show could continue strongly when one dies, while other shows rely heavily on one or 2 characters.

So with a second female character apparently being killed off, I'd say there's a good chance we'll be getting a new one. Any suggestions? I was trying to think of an existing character. Zoe is now in The 100 so wouldn't be her. Was thinking the undercover IA agent that Reese helped, but the similarities to Shaw would be too much.
    Another possibility could be another guy in the form of the guy Shaw trained.

Or just someone new.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Brilliant episode, loved every minute of it and loving this trilogy episode idea. Either way Sarah is going to be missing from the show, shes due twins and is at the point where doctors said she had to stop working. So whatever the outcome we wont be seeing her back for quite a while, if at all. Hope they leave it open for her to come back into it at some point though and she comes back even more badass!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭squonk

Not sure I've seen anything that fantastically good in ages! I loved the algorithmic progression of the episode, searching through decision trees, evaluating possible outcomes and going with the best! Bloody hell that was so well put together!

I'm gutted about Shaw. I loved her character and while the show will easilly continue on, I'm really going to miss her. I love though that PoI isn't one of those dumb shows where her pregnancy means the writers have her just go tend to a sick relative in Wisconsin or something for half a season only for her to return again!

Much as I like Shaw, I think it'd serve the series better if she has died and remains dead. I know there's a possibility there that she could return but given the show doesn't pull any punches, I respect them for being brave and for also holding to the premise that no character is safe, except for perhaps Harold and John.

Regarding the 13 v 22 episode arc debate, I think too that PoI is better having 22. The reason that works though is that they effectively structure the show into two mini seasons per season. Last year we had the HR climax coming mid way through the run, followed by the rise of Samaritan thereafter. I thnk you could take those as almost separate mini seasons apiece. I think the same is happening this time round where we have the leadup to the Samaritan/Machine war but we also have the Elias/Drug dealer arc waiting in the wings.

No doubt about it, this is a fine, fine show. If it gets cancelled at this stage I'll flip!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Great last scene but the plot hole throughout the episode were just annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

On paper, that episode shouldn't have worked - it's close to a shark-jump IMHO. But they pulled it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

CastorTroy wrote: »

So with a second female character apparently being killed off, I'd say there's a good chance we'll be getting a new one. Any suggestions?

Or just someone new.

The only other one I can think of is the girl playing the scavenger hunt game that they saved in ep2 or 3, who seemed to end up going to work for Samaritan. But she's probably a bit too similar a character to Harold.

If anyone, I'd say it's someone new.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Maybe they could get a new friend for Bear :p

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

MOH wrote: »
    The only other one I can think of is the girl playing the scavenger hunt game that they saved in ep2 or 3, who seemed to end up going to work for Samaritan. But she's probably a bit too similar a character to Harold.

If anyone, I'd say it's someone new.

My money is on the guy from Spartacus. (Shaw's partner or protégé)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

My money is on the guy from Spartacus. (Shaw's partner or protégé)

I can see him turning up hungry for revenge ala Resse when Carter died.

Whoever said cyborg Shaw could be onto something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

The more interviews I read the more I'm convinced she will be back. I'd even settle for a 2minute cameo in the season 5 premiere.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Excellent episode. We also got a good look at the mind of the machine which we haven't seen before. They played it well and, despite knowing someone would go, it was still a blow. I once again expected Fusco but he keeps going.
    I suspect Shaw isn't dead either but will come back as a conduit for Samaritan. It's too well set up then for Samaritan-as-Shaw vs Root for the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,734 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Please Shaw be alive, you sexy sexy lady you!

That final gunshot was taking out the CCTV camera that the machine was observing with, Shaw is much more valuable alive.

Team Machine would have to leave the subway hideout and all their covers would be blown if Team Samaritan could break Shaw (not the easiest thing to do I imagine but worth the effort)

Minor plot hole

The last scene with the bomb guy on the train,
    how did the dude beside him know Shaw had a gun?
    She never took her gun out that time and he told he to shoot him!

Or did I miss something?

Trilla wrote: »
    Minor plot hole

The last scene with the bomb guy on the train,
    how did the dude beside him know Shaw had a gun?
    She never took her gun out that time and he told he to shoot him!

Or did I miss something?

Think that you are right but he could have assumed that she was a cop given the way that she was talking him down

Noticed that when I was watching it too, but you could argue that he was referring to the subway cop standing beside her to her right - he would have been visibly armed.

mike_ie wrote: »
    Noticed that when I was watching it too, but you could argue that he was referring to the subway cop standing beside her to her right - he would have been visibly armed.

really? He asked Shaw was she mad and to "Just shoot him"

Anyways great episode. I thought Lino (spelling) was going to be sacrificed at some point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Lionel :P

Advertisement