Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you wash your jeans?

Options
  • 08-01-2015 11:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭

Sometimes I can go about 2 months without giving them a wash. Is this socially acceptable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Depends, which jeans?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

Ye wash yer jeans?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

When they become either dirty or smelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Only after I don't wear any underwear with them or when I spill food or liquid on them that leaves a stain. That's the beauty of jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Wash my jeans? Does a bear shit in airplane toilets?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

More often than an Islamic based thread is started on AH.

When I've worn them two or three times, maximum. They might not look dirty, but I feel better about wearing them when I know they're clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

The last pair of jeans I pulled out of the wash, I found ten punt in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

KeithM89 wrote: »
    The last pair of jeans I pulled out of the wash, I found ten punt in them.

I pulled a 3310 nokia out of an old pair of jeans that I hadn't worn in years. Still had 2 bars of battery left on it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

After three or four wears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

strobe wrote: »
    Only after I don't wear any underwear with them or when I spill food or liquid on them that leaves a stain. That's the beauty of jeans.

Yeah same here*, luckily I'm very clumsy so I end up washing them pretty regularly anyway.

*though I always wear underwear with jeans. It's important to me that people know this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Every second day. I thought that was normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

RayM wrote: »
    Ray, I haven't a fcuking clue what's normal any more.

Every second day/wear for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭patricia88

The CEO of Levis has not washed his year old pair of jeans ever - bad for the dye in the fabric!

patricia88 wrote: »
    The CEO of Levis has not washed his year old pair of jeans every - bad for the dye in the fabric!
    The CEO of Levi's doesn't spend his days holing turf out of a soggy bink hole or lying on his back under a diesel engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭patricia88

The CEO of Levi's doesn't spend his days holing turf out of a soggy bink hole or lying on his back under a diesel engine.

Ideally you should go swimming in the ocean wearing your jeans, rub your jeans with dry sand and repeat several times. Rinse in the fresh (not salt) water and let them dry in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Only wear jeans on nights out so they don't get out much.

I'll wash them if they get stains or smell bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

When they're able to walk away on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I turn mine inside out so I can get an extra day out of them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,337 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Jeans can't be washed, it strips them of the natural oils they need from the crack of your arse that keep them protected from the elements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Depends how dirty they are. No point saying every two weeks if I put them on clean one morning and then fall on my arse in the slatted shed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Bootros Bootros

Big heavy on the washing machine.

Hint you can buy more than one pair.

Only wear jeans on nights out so they don't get out much.

I'll wash them if they get stains or smell bad.

I've never understood the idea of jeans as formal or going out wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

When they're dirty or smell at all. Probably around once a fortnight on average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Big heavy on the washing machine.

Hint you can buy more than one pair.

Well in that case, I wash them once a week. I don't put them in the washing machine every second day and then go around in my underpants until they're dry. I wear them for two days... and I spend the next five days going around in my underpants until they're washed. You're right though - I should probably buy more than one pair.

Well in that case, I wash them once a week. I don't put them in the washing machine every second day and then go around in my underpants until they're dry. I wear them for two days... and I spend the next five days going around in my underpants until they're washed. You're right though - I should probably buy more than one pair.

Yes you should. You read as aggrieved. The thread asks how often do you wash your jeans and you said every second day. the cause for confusion is all you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭endacl

How do you know? He's the CEO of Levi's. He can flippin' do whatever the flip he flippin' well likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

When the crotch smells of stale wee from years worth of droplets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

When ever ghosts emerge from the arse crack of the jeans. Although, I do find jeans with 6+ months of stains of skid marks, pi$$, jam, jizz, sweat, oil, coffee and mince pies seem to be a lot more flexable than jeans straight out of the wash and drier.

Advertisement