Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you wash your jeans?

Options
124»

Comments

somefeen wrote: »

Why are people still wearing jeans to work?

Why not? They are standard attire in my work place, there is absolutely no reason to put myself through the discomfort of wearing formal wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Cos they look bang on with a Ben Sherman shirt and a pair of brown brogues.

But I have all those clothes :o and I love pints of cider. I hope it doesn't count if I don't wear them all together at the same time (or am I due a visit from Gok Wan!)
    Also obviously to get the full effect you have to tuck your shirt into your jeans :D

Wearing a pair of old converse to work might be fine if you work in a new startup. But if you want to appear professional in a non-IT organisation, then you should dress in the same manner as those who carry out the work considered the core competencies of the organisation. Wandering up to the desk dressed like someone going to a Metallica gig after work really doesn't cut it. As I said, the IT professionals (yes, professionals) who come here from India always manage to work out the dress code thing.

Because the Indians are trying too hard to fit in. I'd hate to be stuck in a suit in work it's pointless in many professions (not all but many). There are many professions, and people earning very good money who wouldn't dream of wearing anything but jeans and runners to work.

Most of the big multinationals you would be looked on like you had ten head if you showed up in a suit regardless of position (bar the very very top management). Never understood the need for some professions to feel the need for a suit while people in better jobs in other industries wear jeans and a t-shirt to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

I usually just smell the crotch of them to decide whether or not to wash them. If it's stinky, I wash them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

2 wears, 3 absolute max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Why not? They are standard attire in my work place, there is absolutely no reason to put myself through the discomfort of wearing formal wear.

I mean people like farmers, builders etc
    I gave up on them along time ago for that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It's really fooking hard to get a normal pair of jeans. I've spent a total of about 10 hours trying to find a pair of jeans in Dublin and Madrid to no avail, so the pair I'm wearing now are all patched up in the crotch area chaffing me as I walk.

I just want a pair of normal jeans without rips 'n' shizzle all over them? Is that too much to ask?:mad:

I was doing the same as you for a while. Found some in pennies, 16 quid, normal cut, look well. Just have to look around and avoid the skinny ****e.
    I was reading something by a jeans designer who said not to wash them but stick them n the freezer instead.

I wash mine every few days.

yea? He sounds like a cunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Purile comment.

I know there are certain industries where wearing denim is considered perfectly normal when heading in to work. From retail up to IT companies like Google. They've loosened the dress code. It's modernity. Why wear a suit when we have a pool table in the common area type of stuff.

I work in an environment where formal dress is expected. A 2-piece and tie is the dress etiquette. It exudes an air of formality and professionalism that sets a precedence for what we do. I'll admit to getting annoyed when I see some IT chap up looking at a computer wearing jeans, a jumper and a pair of Converse runners. The folk from our Indian outsource partner, Wipro, always manage to make an effort.

Its terrible when the minions don't know how to conduct themselves. They think I am pompous and pretentious but to me their dress code is a display of vulgarity. At times they verge on the insolent. Don't they who I am , the expensive things I own. I drink Château ponce de neuf don't you know. .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Usually after wearing them 4 or 5 times sometimes more often if they're dirty sometimes less if they still look clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I work in an environment where formal dress is expected. A 2-piece and tie is the dress etiquette. It exudes an air of formality and professionalism that sets a precedence for what we do. I'll admit to getting annoyed when I see some IT chap up looking at a computer wearing jeans, a jumper and a pair of Converse runners.
    You sir exude an air of being very far up your own bottom which you indeed set a precedence for :eek: :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement