Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ACANDROID

Watched it again there, at 3mins.50 seconds Dustin throws two punches which miss, Conor's movement to avoid them is absolutely incredible.. Such a pleasure to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

ACANDROID wrote: »
    Watched it again there, at 3mins.50 seconds Dustin throws two punches which miss, Conor's movement to avoid them is absolutely incredible.. Such a pleasure to watch

Think he got tagged as he was pulling away from Dustin's straight left. That was when he chipped his tooth :P It pribably wasn't too hard as he was pulling away from it at the time but he still got tapped :P

But I agree. That fight was beautiful. Conor is putting fools to sleep in mins. It's amazing to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

ACANDROID wrote: »

Think he got tagged as he was pulling away from Dustin's straight left. That was when he chipped his tooth :P It pribably wasn't too hard as he was pulling away from it at the time but he still got tapped :P

But I agree. That fight was beautiful. Conor is putting fools to sleep in mins. It's amazing to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

LOl Rouseys reactions to everything connor is saying is great

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

valor wrote: »
    LOl Rouseys reactions to everything connor is saying is great

Interesting to see Rousey and Jones react to him. Also Rousey is pretty easy on the eye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

****ing hell his speech pattern winds me up no end, so unbelievably fake. Be hilarious if Siver beats him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

bur wrote: »
    ****ing hell his speech pattern winds me up no end, so unbelievably fake. Be hilarious if Siver beats him.

You mean the American twang?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Saipanne wrote: »
    You mean the American twang?

It's not american twang. Us irish talk awful fast sometimes, dja know what i mean. Conor slows his speech down so he's easily understood, he probably does it naturally in front of the camera now

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think he's just forcing a clear pronounuation of every syllable. Gives it a funny twang if you are used to hearin theboyos from Ballygobackwards blubbering away.

Ah now, he does put on a little bit of an American accent when in the us. I'd say a 10% setting kicks in.

But slowing his speech makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

It's not american twang.

Come on! He says "my man" all the time like he's greeting his homies from Compton. Not the biggest deal in the world but denying it is a bit strange.

Can't wait for the Siver Fight!

You have to change how you speak overseas or people won't know what your talking about. A thick dublin accent would need subtitles in the US. Fortunately Conor has the cop on to talk the way he needs to, to be understood.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I don't see why everybody is looking past siver. He probably won't win but He's no slouch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Mellor wrote: »
    I think he's just forcing a clear pronounuation of every syllable. Gives it a funny twang if you are used to hearin theboyos from Ballygobackwards blubbering away.
    This
    You have to change how you speak overseas or people won't know what your talking about. A thick dublin accent would need subtitles in the US. Fortunately Conor has the cop on to talk the way he needs to, to be understood.
    And this!

I have a comparatively mild accent and people in the UK frequently can't understand what I'm saying! He's just annunciating more clearly. How anyone thinks he has an American "twang" is beyond me.

This

And this!

I have a comparatively mild accent and people in the UK frequently can't understand what I'm saying! He's just annunciating more clearly. How anyone thinks he has an American "twang" is beyond me.

You never heard him say "my man", like some rapper?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

No but I'm willing to give it a try! Got a link?

• Advertisement

No offence, but I'm not digging through YouTube on a Friday evening.

:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

But sher what harm!! He;s a prize fighter doing media in Vegas . He's not in Laois! :D

But sher what harm!! He;s a prize fighter doing media in Vegas . He's not in Laois! :D

It's not too long ago that he was fighting in Laois

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    It's not too long ago that he was fighting in Laois

So whats your point? All he does is big up Ireland and talk about his heritage in his interviews. What more can the lad do.

So whats your point? All he does is big up Ireland and talk about his heritage in his interviews. What more can the lad do.

No point, just sayin

No point, just sayin

I knew I shoulda said Longford!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I don't see why everybody is looking past siver. He probably won't win but He's no slouch

We're not looking past him. We're looking through him. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Hey lads, wondering if any of you could help me out as I am trying to get this drawing I did of him signed. It's not a high hoped request that it'll happen but if I never try I'll never know..or something like that! I've tried tweeting him but with the amount of followers he has theres not a chance he will see it, does anyone in here know him or know someone that could get a tweet out that he would see?

(I'm expecting to be told to feck off..but thanks in advance! :))

cuXJ9YK.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Would put it on his facebook over his twitter to be honest, it will get more likes and attention there im sure. Not that it would mean hes more likely to respond to it but worth a shot and its a good drawing so why not show it off anyways.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement