Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

How much has her earned in the past two years? Take off his costs and tax and you won't be left with much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Brock looks like Conor in this photo

brock-lesnar-on-muscle-and-fitness-may-2011.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Brock looks like Conor in this photo

brock-lesnar-on-muscle-and-fitness-may-2011.jpg

Yeah, after a few lethal-to-human dosage cycles of HGH and test!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Jaysus, Lesnar is ****ing huge. No way he fights for the UFC again- must be juiced off his noggen altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Jaysus, Lesnar is ****ing huge. No way he fights for the UFC again- must be juiced off his noggen altogether.

Look at the date on the mag!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Conor is getting a few mentions as Ireland's most embarrassing sportsman over in AH. Tried to dispel some myths but I think I'm going to leave it now as some people have their minds made up regardless of actual facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

moneyman wrote: »
    Conor is getting a few mentions as Ireland's most embarrassing sportsman over in AH. Tried to dispel some myths but I think I'm going to leave it now as some people have their minds made up regardless of actual facts.

I suppose his most recent outburst annoyed people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,733 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I doubt lesnar is still juicing after all the health issues he had

• Registered Users Posts: 39,052 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I doubt lesnar is still juicing after all the health issues he had

The health issues affected his colon. I don't see how steroids would affect it by.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

moneyman wrote: »

Dont bother defending him over there, most of them have no clue and the mods, well, there's a reason they're all on my ignore list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

scudzilla wrote: »
    Dont bother defending him over there, most of them have no clue and the mods, well, there's a reason they're all on my ignore list

I happen to think the mods in AH do a smashing job.

What about Hugo??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

scudzilla wrote: »

Is that so?.....

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,733 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Mellor wrote: »
    The health issues affected his colon. I don't see how steroids would affect it by.

I thought it was his kidneys that were fcuked

• Registered Users Posts: 39,052 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I thought it was his kidneys that were fcuked

Nah it was his colon. He had diverticulosis and I think he even needed a section of his colon removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Is that so?.....

:pac:

Apart from yourself and Science Nerd who uses the R&M forum yeah, got no time for them at all, i could never put you on ignore, not with the amount of crap ya spout in here :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

UFC 178 Replay on BT Sports tonight at 11pm and should be free to watch on Fight Pass any day now. I somehow managed to delete it off my sky box so have only seen the fight once compared to UFC Dublin which I nearly watch every other day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

ps3man wrote: »
    UFC 178 Replay on BT Sports tonight at 11pm and should be free to watch on Fight Pass any day now. I somehow managed to delete it off my sky box so have only seen the fight once compared to UFC Dublin which I nearly watch every other day ;)

i love the fact i missed Wayne McCullough greeting Conor at cageside, it's only on the 4 watching i noticed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

i love the fact i missed Wayne McCullough greeting Conor at cageside, it's only on the 4 watching i noticed

Does Wayne still work for the UFC?

John_D80 wrote: »
    Does Wayne still work for the UFC?

Pretty sure he left his role after that disasterous interview he did on 2fm back when the first UFC came to Ireland. I wonder is that interview anywhere online, it would be hilarious to listen to it now. The caller ringing up saying with certainty "People have died in the UFC, more then one!!"

Pretty sure he left his role after that disasterous interview he did on 2fm back when the first UFC came to Ireland. I wonder is that interview anywhere online, it would be hilarious to listen to it now. The caller ringing up saying with certainty "People have died in the UFC, more then one!!"

That was disastrous alright. If he had been properly prepared he could have made **** of that guy. But to be fair he was on a hiding to nothing even going on. Someone posted a link to it on one of the threads here in the run up to McGregor vs Brandao AFAIR.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

John_D80 wrote: »
    That was disastrous alright. If he had been properly prepared he could have made **** of that guy. But to be fair he was on a hiding to nothing even going on. Someone posted a link to it on one of the threads here in the run up to McGregor vs Brandao AFAIR.

http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2009/pc/pod-v-150109-46m22s-liveline.mp3

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭prodigy1

Hi everyone, just a quick question; are all the ufc fights on boxnation and BT sports? I was thinking of getting a free streamline tv app and was hoping it would get all of the upcoming fights including conor mcgregor pay per view fights! Thanks in advance

I'm pretty sure box nation don't show UFC events. I watch on BT SPORTS though. The show all the UFC main cards and 99% of the prelim cards unless there is a clash with another big live event.

I watch everything on BT Sports. Can't fault them- I can't remember the last even that wasn't shown. Plus, if you buy it with Setanta, you can catch the Cage Warriors shows as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

What is Cage Warriors like?

It's related to McGregor, as my question stems from a time when I said to a mate who was putting McGregor down that McGregor has been on his current run of form since back in cw days, and my mate said that if ufc is the premier league, then cw is like the third division.

Is his comment fair?

Saipanne wrote: »

It's related to McGregor, as my question stems from a time when I said to a mate who was putting McGregor down that McGregor has been on his current run of form since back in cw days, and my mate said that if ufc is the premier league, then cw is like the third division.

Is his comment fair?

Not totally unfair. Second division would be more realistic though if you insisted on using a football analogy imo. I'd have the likes of Bellator, WSOF, and ONE all as first division if you were classing UFC as the premier league.

But I hate football though! ;-)

Saipanne wrote: »

Is his comment fair?

It's a very decent organisation, and you'll see many up-and-coming MMA fighters in it. They put on some very good cards and it's really enjoyable.

They have a YouTube channel and you can see what it's like over there. The UFC is the peak of MMA. Cage Warriors is the biggest organisation in Europe, and feeds a lot in to the UFC. I don't buy in to it being second/third/fourth tier or trying to match it to football or other sports. It's a great organisation in itself and deserves full credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I don't think the "Premier League" analogy is quite correct here.

It's not a case of, if UFC are Premier League than Cage Warriors are Second Division.

I'd say it's more like if UFC are English Premier League then Cage Warriors would be akin to the Premier League of a different country.

Perhaps not La Liga for example, or Bundesliga, but perhaps a league like Ligue 1 in France. There are some good players there and they're a good league in their own right, but their best players will eventually look for a move to the big leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

It's more correct than that analogy imo. Ligue 1 now has teams that can attract the best players from the premier league, bundesliga & la liga and offer them vast amounts of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Redmen Rafalution

I enjoy some of his trash talk but he could do with toning down the exaggerated patriotism. Makes him sound very ignorant. Other than that, I am a big admirer of his work. I think he can beat anyone in the FW division except for maybe Edgar.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement