Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the worst Christmas song of all time?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

There are no words

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Dep! wrote: »
    I disagree. The Darkness were a parody band who were taking the p*ss and I think they'll admit to as much years from now.

The Darkness are fantastic.

Permission To Land is one of my favourite albums ever. Top five, no question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

I hate Fairytale of New York no matter who sings it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

Mr blobby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

This a Destiny's Child song is unbelievably bad and the self absorption of the members of band is something to behold.I absolutely hate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh34GuVW-y8

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

caustic 1 wrote: »
    I hate Fairytale of New York no matter who sings it.

alot people in recent years are coming out of the closet to say they don't like it....if you were to say that back in the day you'd might get a hiding esp in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

This sh*te:

And every shop seems to be playing it this year :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

this:

for many reasons my main one being it's NOT a christmas song, not once do the lyrics mention the word "Christmas" "jolly" or "holy" yes there is fake snow in the video but seriously that makes it a winter song.

in fact ANY song that makes it to no1 at christmas is not by default "a christmas song" imo

Last Christmas is a Christmas song, fairytale of new york is a christmas song, but East 17 stay another day is NOT a Christmas song! :mad:

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ah but its got xmas bells in the background

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ah but its got xmas bells in the background

xmas bells or just plain old bells?

xmas bells

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Just saw Jessica Simpson singing "Let it snow" on one of the music channels. It's really really bad :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭Dep!

"Stay Another Day" is definitely a Christmas song and a great one at that.

fryup wrote: »
    xmas bells

i don't know sounds like he lives too close to a church to me! they are no jingle bells!

another example would be the x-factor tripe, and then you see them at no.3 in the christmas chart countdowns and it's infuriating! they are failures at being christmas songs imo

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

hoodwinked wrote: »
    this:

for many reasons my main one being it's NOT a christmas song, not once do the lyrics mention the word "Christmas" "jolly" or "holy" yes there is fake snow in the video but seriously that makes it a winter song.

in fact ANY song that makes it to no1 at christmas is not by default "a christmas song" imo

Last Christmas is a Christmas song, fairytale of new york is a christmas song, but East 17 stay another day is NOT a Christmas song! :mad:

Saw an interview with Tony from E17 who wrote the song about his brother who died. The part of the song "I touch your face while you are sleeping" is actually about seeing his brother in the mortuary. Very sad song

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Mark E Smith of the Fall once sang: "I hate the guts of Shakin' Stevens for what he has done / The massacre of Blue Christmas, on him I'd like to land one on."

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Saw an interview with Tony from E17 who wrote the song about his brother who died. The part of the song "I touch your face while you are sleeping" is actually about seeing his brother in the mortuary. Very sad song

i am not saying it's not sad, thats another of my reasons for not liking it, i heard that too and it just depressed me, but it is one of the worst christmas songs,

• Advertisement

who remembers this tripe ??

and kenny everett's p!ss take :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

The covers of Do They Know It's Christmas. The 1989 and 2004 ones were abysmal. Haven't heard this year's one but I'm assuming it's woeful.
    Listened to The Christmas Shoes just now - it's atrocious but I thought it'd be worse.

That Darkness song is great IMO - even if they were a piss-takey band. They were and they weren't - they did like all that poodle-hair rock stuff while also realising how silly it could be. Great catchy tunes I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Dep! wrote: »
    "Stay Another Day" is definitely a Christmas song and a great one at that.

Wasn't it written about suicide?

How could anyone possibly be so desperate to be a popstar that they would agree to take part in something like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The covers of Do They Know It's Christmas. The 1989 and 2004 ones were abysmal. Haven't heard this year's one but I'm assuming it's woeful.
    Listened to The Christmas Shoes just now - it's atrocious but I thought it'd be worse.

That Darkness song is great IMO - even if they were a piss-takey band. They were and they weren't - they did like all that poodle-hair rock stuff while also realising how silly it could be. Great catchy tunes I think.

You assume correctly Sir/Miss. It's flipping awful. They change the words to the point where they hardly fit and it's just basically gick. Instead of the well known ''and tonight thank god it's them instead of you'' it's the uber pretentious ''Well, tonight we’re reaching out and touching you''.

Oh and Chris Martin rips off his shirt and shouts "AFRICAAAAAA!"

Puke.

• Moderators Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Driving home for Christmass by Chris Rea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THcbQyFtCqg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Poxy East 17 junkie song is the worst ever. that or Mr Blobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Lol. I'm from Killarney and that's the first time I have listened to that song :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

This years feed the world is ****.

Advertisement