Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the worst Christmas song of all time?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

It's probably this one. Never gets played anymore.

Evil, evil man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn06NJzYQc4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

It's probably this one. Never gets played anymore.

Evil, evil man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn06NJzYQc4

I heard this in a lot of pubs and restaurants I was in recently in Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Kilkenny, Dublin, Leitrim, Tyrone and Galway. CDs probably 20 years old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dexter Bip

'Last Christmas' by Wham makes me want to smash things everytime I hear it.

Last christmas I GEV you my heart. Used to drive my mother mad. Never noticed until she pointed it out. trouble is that once you notice it grates every time you hear it.
    Apart from that. The inexpliciably popular Driving home for Christmas by Chris Rea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

I heard this in a lot of pubs and restaurants I was in recently in Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Kilkenny, Dublin, Leitrim, Tyrone and Galway. CDs probably 20 years old?

Jaysus. How can people be festive while listening to that. The guy is a beast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dexter Bip

Mike Denver's version of Driving home for Christmas is the third worst Christmas song after only Happy Holidays to our troops and Grandma got run over by a reindeer.

Only reading through the thread. Why would anybody want to cover this awful song n

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Dexter Bip wrote: »
    Only reading through the thread. Why would anybody want to cover this awful song n

Not everyone is Mike Denver!! Nothing against Chris Rea but Mike Denver mucks up everyone's songs!!

I actually couldnt think of a worst one ever. But I torrented a LOT of Christmas compilation albums this week and put them all on Shuffle on my Android.

And although its far from the WORST Xmas song ever - the fact that Wham! seems to be the one every producer of a compilation Xmas album ever goes to first - resulting in me having a shuffle album that played it 10 times in 2 hours - 3 of them back to back - is certainly modifying my emotions as per the original OP question.

And annoyingly out of 20+ Compilation albums "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" featured only ONCE. And Kevin Bloody Wilsons "Hey Santa Claus you C*** where is my F***ing Bike" not even once!!!!!

Its clearly cut throat in the compilation world. Or given the success of wham! in that world - deep throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Bruce Springsteens version of Santa Claus is coming to town has to be quest ever, he sounds like a constipated redneck and totally fcuked up a cheery Christmas song. I can't stand sbybof his songs/music, he's got the most grating voice ever, I hate him more than I hate twink.

Advertisement