Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scientifically proven: men are idiots

Options
  • 12-12-2014 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

That men are idiots is common knowledge among womenfolk, though we wouldn't say it openly. After all, they have their uses, menfolk ...

But now scientists (who desperately try to find something to explore, it seems) proved that this old knowledge is well-founded.
    The theory that men are idiots and often do stupid things is backed up by evidence in the Christmas issue of The BMJ. The findings are based on an analyses of sex differences in idiotic behaviour.

Sex differences in risk seeking behaviour, emergency hospital admissions, and mortality are well documented. Males are more likely to be admitted to an emergency department after accidential injuries, more likely to be admitted with a sporting injury, and more likely to be involved in a fatal road traffic collision.

(...)

They reviewed data on idiotic behaviours demonstrated by winners of the Darwin Award over a 20 year period (1995 to 2014), noting the sex of the winner. To qualify, nominees must improve the gene pool by eliminating themselves from the human race using astonishingly stupid methods.

I liked this quote best :D:
    Worthy candidates include a man stealing a ride home by hitching a shopping trolley to the back of a train, only to be dragged two miles to his death before the train was able to stop; and the terrorist who posted a letter bomb with insufficient postage stamps and who, on its return, unthinkingly opened his own letter.

More about it:

http://phys.org/news/2014-12-theory-men-idiots.html

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

I notice you use an electrically powered computer connected to the internet to bring us this news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭smoking_kills

I notice you use an electrically powered computer connected to the internet to bring us this news.

Thats very good..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Well-and-fine, but technology is driven by inventiveness, and much inventiveness is born of and necessitated by the kind of stupidity only a man is capable of generating. If it was entirely up to women we'd be living in very comfortable and expertly Feng-Shui'd caves!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

That sounds like a well documented, peer reviewed study alright. Particularly when the first line you quoted used "theory" in a nonscientific way. It is also a very accurate study based on a single source with limited uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

If some women think men are idiots...and others think men rule the world, then I think women have a lot of explaining to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Nothing good can come of this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Why would anybody put a return address on a letter bomb?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I wonder what would happen to my account if i started a thread called "scientifically proven All women are airheads"

Far from scientifically proven either op

From the title

Study supports the theory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Well, once it's accepted that men and women are not equal then we can finally move on from this tit for tat.

EDIT: Now, back to what we were doing;
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/55208dbac67f95b02b5d1ec33eb8c1d4/tumblr_mwwxdp6Dbt1somw7ho1_r3_1280.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

There is a ban on misogyny here, isn't there a ban on misandry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Why would anybody put a return address on a letter bomb?

Because men are idiots....duh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭anonyanony

Carry wrote: »
    That men are idiots is common knowledge among womenfolk, though we wouldn't say it openly. After all, they have their uses, menfolk ...

But now scientists (who desperately try to find something to explore, it seems) proved that this old knowledge is well-founded.

I liked this quote best :D:

I have some studies that certain ethic races have a lower mean IQ also, men from that race must be really dumb maybe it might be linked to crime rates and the high prison rates of the group .

banned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Well, once it's accepted that men and women are not equal then we can finally move on from this tit for tat.

*Childish giggle*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I think that what this study ultimately proves is that well respected journals will now print pretty much anything and that we can look forward to the currency of peer reviewed research being drastically devalued as a result.

Maybe too many men on editorial boards perhaps?(I jest)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I had to flag down a passing female motorist, to help me read & reply to this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

anonyanony wrote: »
    I have some studies that certain ethic races have a lower mean IQ also, men from that race must be really dumb maybe it might be linked to crime rates and the high prison rates of the group .

Imagine if some of those intellectually inferior races had smaller penises too; talk about a raw deal.

Imagine if some of those intellectually inferior races had smaller penises too; talk about a raw deal.

Nah i think the studies have found lower iq races seem to get the bigger penis, some even brag about this.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I care enough about this issue to click reply, but not so much that I am arsed articulating a comprehensible response.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Is this the science quivalent of;

Dogs are Idiots.
    Men are Dogs.
    Men are Idiots.

??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

• Advertisement

Nah i think the studies have found lower iq races seem to get the bigger penis, some even brag about this.

Your posts just ooze racism

Embarrassing

Your posts just ooze racism

Embarrassing

We are just talking about studies like op's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Scientifically suggested:Men more likely to engage in risky behaviour.

Hasn't this been known for a very long time?
    And while it means men are more likely to end up in A and E, doesn't it also mean they are more likely to end up running fortune 500 companies and making world changing scientific discoveries and what not? Good old Y chromosome.

We are just talking about studies like op's

Op posted links to his/her studies, wanna link to yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

ehhh derp! ummm wad r u tlking about lolz

*just incase that wasnt succinct, i'm implying that i have a low iq*

Op posted links to his/her studies, wanna link to yours?

Penis one or iq one?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

You wouldn't happen to be the ex of this sour young man now would ya?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057343240

Penis one or iq one?

How about both

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I thought After Hours was a sexism free zone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

I thought After Hours was a sexism free zone?

but sure its only sexist when its aimed at females... :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement