Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people..

Options
  • 12-12-2014 5:30am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Why do people want to be in relationships?? whats the point of it? why would you commit to one woman when you could go out and have your pick whenever u felt like it? no listening to nagging or any of the other stupid drama, that alot of relationships come with, i dont understand why some people willfully subject themselves to this torture! and incase anyone takes offense to this..its is just my view, id just like to hear what other peoples opinions are..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

rough night?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

because your not a male model

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Drama? Nagging? Torture?

I recommend less Glenroe, more real life. I've been with the aul' ball and chain for years, we havent had a real fight yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Big Black Bilbo

Why'd she dump you?

Anyway, chins up. Your young heart will get over it and you'll have forgotten all about her by the next school disco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Why do people use useless click bait/Facebook type thread titles? Have they no confidence in their topic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Ya might like the oul cnut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 tough_rudder

Regular sex! if not that regularly, sporadic sex without having to graft in a bar or club.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Companionship
    Love
    To have someone that cares about your little wins and losses
    To do all the things that couples do
    To raise a family
    To make someone else happy and bask in that happiness

Mostly to avoid bitter drunken posts on social media at 4am though

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

Honestly getting married is one of the best decisions I ever made. Great to have someone who knows the worst of you and still sticks with you and thinks the best of you. On the downside you do get more in touch with your feelings via romcoms etc.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

smcgiff wrote: »
    Why do people use useless click bait/Facebook type thread titles? Have they no confidence in their topic?

My lawyer did not approve my original reply, and provided me with the following statement instead:

"I [censored] quite agree with you that [censored] [censored] this [censored] trend is [censored] [censored] regrettable."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Mostly explained under point three here, OP. hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

evo2000 wrote: »
    you could go out and have your pick whenever u felt like it?

Because single life is just that easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Companionship
    Love
    To have someone that cares about your little wins and losses
    To do all the things that couples do
    To raise a family
    To make someone else happy and bask in that happiness

Mostly to avoid bitter drunken posts on social media at 4am though

You mean, you have to give up these when you're married? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

iDave wrote: »
    Because single life is just that easy

I'm kinda getting the feeling of 'planning for the future' rather than 'based on experience' from the opening question. There's something a bit ...... hormoney(?) about the post....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

? why would you commit to one woman when you could go out and have your pick whenever u felt like it? .

Eh, no. Not unless you are a rich male model, sports star, super star. I find it hard work trying to find a woman that I click with at the best of times. When I find one that I do, I try to hang on to them for as long as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Why do people type annoying incomplete thread subject titles?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I've been single and I've been in a relationship and being in a relationship is 100 times better. But then I'm in a relationship with a great person. If your dating history is full of losers and abusers then I can see why you would prefer a single life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Eh, no. Not unless you are a rich male model, sports star, super star. I find it hard work trying to find a woman that I click with at the best of times. When I find one that I do, I try to hang on to them for as long as I can.

Not sure why, but there's a whiff of chloroform off this post, not to mention sound proof rooms and hand cuffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭deadybai

Hate when my friends brag about having sex with more than one person. Even when they do get 'lucky' (once every six months at best) the women are fecking hound-dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Why do people..... suddenly appear?
    Every time you are near?

....they're the Gardai
    Have you forgotten about the restraining order already you idiot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Why do people want to be in relationships?? whats the point of it? why would you commit to one woman when you could go out and have your pick whenever u felt like it? no listening to nagging or any of the other stupid drama, that alot of relationships come with, i dont understand why some people willfully subject themselves to this torture! and incase anyone takes offense to this..its is just my view, id just like to hear what other peoples opinions are..

Ahahahahahahahahaha! Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

smcgiff wrote: »
    Not sure why, but there's a whiff of chloroform off this post, not to mention sound proof rooms and hand cuffs.

-Leans in intensely- "Go on......"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

This post, particularly the beginning, cracks me up!
    So when you go out do all these women beg you to sleep with them?
    I've been in relationship since 2006 and married with her since 2013, feckin great so it is and no more do I need to go through the awkwardness which is meeting women. Always hated the feeling.
    Relationship -> sex on tap whenever you both want it, someone to grow old with, someone to share everything with, love, kids etc.
    It's a fantastic thing if you meet the right person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Some relationships are great, others are mediocre while a few are dreadful. I got the great one, but I was in a mediocre relationship for a few years and it was nag nag nag. Mind you, I didn't exactly excel myself in it either.

The next relationship was and still is fantastic nearly 9 years after meeting her for the first time. In fact it's getting even better all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

OP, if your relationship has nagging/drama or is just generally a chore to be in then, buddy, you're with the wrong person.

Being single sucks for the most part. Me and my GF split about 2 month ago and I've been living the single life since then. Yeah sure you go out and get laid, and that's grand in the short term but after a while it's just tedious. Pursue, hump, bail, no real connections made. every weekend. I miss the connection, the hugs, the love, the endless talking nonsense to each other but fully understanding each other, the way she gets me and I get her and generally us sharing each other's lives. Mostly though, I just miss my friend and would do most anything to get all of that back.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

bear1 wrote: »
    ...Relationship -> sex on tap whenever you both want it...

Seriously? I must be doing it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

gouche wrote: »
    Seriously? I must be doing it wrong.

Must be, you need a partner first :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

bear1 wrote: »
    sex on tap .

getting horrible mental images right now

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

If you feel like that in a relationship, then you're in the wrong relationship. When you've someone there that makes you happy when he/she is around you'll realize why relationships are a good thing. I wouldn't rule it out altogether.

Keep riding around ya until you find someone you actually fancy and have a good time with. I was single for about 2 years after a long term relationship. Had the time of my life, out drinking, riding different women, impromptu nights out, lads only holidays. But I found a good one and I'm still having the time of my life albeit just riding the same woman. You just gotta be less selfish in a relationship and things work well (everyone is selfish in some ways so i'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, you just gotta take their feelings into decisions as well, without totally compromising your own freedom)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Pursue, hump, bail, no real connections made. every weekend.

Don't be telling fibs now:pac:

Advertisement