Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official intake 8

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 GC654

Any packs yet lads/lassies?

Yea mine arrived today. Few forms to fill in and send back,the rest is just info on what will be happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

GC654 wrote: »
    Yea mine arrived today. Few forms to fill in and send back,the rest is just info on what will be happening.

Great, mine should be here tomorrow then! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

Is it not just one form to return?

The confidential Hr stuff u take to the induction weekend along with ur other documents?

pb82 wrote: »
    Is it not just one form to return?

The confidential Hr stuff u take to the induction weekend along with ur other documents?

Yea you're right. Early enough start the first day!!

Yea you're right. Early enough start the first day!!

Get the feeling we may get used to that

• Advertisement

pb82 wrote: »
    Get the feeling we may get used to that

Well use to that, I'm up at 5 for work everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 200WattWarlock

Got mine today; Some forms to post back as soon as, and then a letter telling me to bring said forms to the induction. So do I post them or bring them?

Think I'll just photocopy them, post the originals and bring the copies.

Got mine today; Some forms to post back as soon as, and then a letter telling me to bring said forms to the induction. So do I post them or bring them?

Think I'll just photocopy them, post the originals and bring the copies.

There is one form to return

It's the acceptance one that you tick the boxes about changes of circumstance/medical condition

The other hr forms are handed in at the college along with your birth certificate/marriage certificate etc

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Loving it.

Hope Garnerville are taking note.

Well done to all who got the biggest call/message/letter in their lives.

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 moefee

Has anyone out there done their medical and still waiting, I have my medical next week and would be good to know how far down the waiting list I am, the fact that they're still sending people for medicals is surely a good sign for future intakes? Plus there are theories that there could be more people on this January intake just to make sure the class is 100% full? Any speculation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 mrpickle

moefee wrote: »
    Has anyone out there done their medical and still waiting, I have my medical next week and would be good to know how far down the waiting list I am, the fact that they're still sending people for medicals is surely a good sign for future intakes? Plus there are theories that there could be more people on this January intake just to make sure the class is 100% full? Any speculation?

Probably same as usual mate, its hard to know what the hell is going on. I would say it doesn't seem overly likely that with the medical next week and the induction in around 3 weeks that you will be in this squad, however like I said its hard to know. As far as I know they take things like your assessment center score into consideration, and it seems like those who scored 64 or above in the AC with all other parts of the process completed have been accepted.

Again, its all speculation, nobody on here knows for sure. Fingers crossed for you buddy, good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

moefee wrote: »

I'm on 62 had my medical at the start of November and I'm not expecting to here anything anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

I'm in the same boat as Cromlech, hoping for a phone call in january.

Finally got my holiday sorted

Can't make it to vegas in April for my mates wedding ( I'm best man)

So I rescheduled to October and its costing me 500 more

Ah well, be worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gvillehopeful

This may start everyone going mad again but just got the phone call today! Dunno if there a 9th intake or if am in this one too and just took them bit longer getting to ring me.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

Maybe had a late drop out,I guess u got 64 at AC? And congrats!

This may start everyone going mad again but just got the phone call today! Dunno if there a 9th intake or if am in this one too and just took them bit longer getting to ring me.

What's your start date?

That would tell if it's another intake or u got lucky as someone dropped out for this intake

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

Make sure you PM the start date and don't post it for all to see. :-)

Posting the month would be sufficient obviously not the exact date!

Haha haven't been following this forum too closely always left me deflated, and was thinking that! Let pb know in rather coy manner! And yes Im in the 64 club.

• Advertisement

Haha haven't been following this forum too closely always left me deflated, and was thinking that! Let pb know in rather coy manner! And yes Im in the 64 club.

Welcome to intake 8

Yea it appears I'm this group. Also I only heard from my mum yesterday that someone's son got a call to say yesterday. So maybe people have dropped out or there just getting around the phone calls slower this time.

Yea it appears I'm this group. Also I only heard from my mum yesterday that someone's son got a call to say yesterday. So maybe people have dropped out or there just getting around the phone calls slower this time.

I'd say it's drop outs, the application packs aren't sent out until all the calls are made and it's been 10 days since the first calls went out

Great news, hopefully won't be long until a decision is made about the next squad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Did anybody get a confirmation letter back yet after sending back the acceptance sheet?

Did anybody get a confirmation letter back yet after sending back the acceptance sheet?

Don't think u get one

Though I could be wrong

I sent mine recorded delivery just for the comfort of having a signature

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

I always wonder what sort of person drops out before they've even begun.

Some people obviously just don't consider the realities of the job until they get to that stage. Idiotic yes but at least they drop out before taking someone's space

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

True; but dropping out during training makes more sense than now. Very odd!

Congrats to all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DB89

My offer for this intake was withdrawn due to a change in circumstances which requires additional vetting. Fingers crossed for the next one.

• Advertisement

DB89 wrote: »
    My offer for this intake was withdrawn due to a change in circumstances which requires additional vetting. Fingers crossed for the next one.

Sorry to hear that

Would explain the offer going out to someone else later on!

Advertisement