Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Official intake 8

  • 21-11-2014 12:36pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 18 ✭✭✭ tron2000


    Got the call!!!!!


«13456

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 15 ✭✭✭ Arsenal123


    Well done mate!


  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ pb82


    I'm in

    See u at the induction


  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭ Cromlech


    It's hard not to be jealous lol. Congrats to everyone, you have earned the places you deserve, especially after all this waiting.


  • Registered Users Posts: 15 ✭✭✭ Arsenal123


    Do you mind me asking what your surname starts with? Can't stop watching my phone here lol


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ✭✭✭ StanSmith


    Is that 65's so far?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭ Cromlech


    StanSmith wrote: »
    Is that 65's so far?

    Think so


  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ✭✭✭ mrpickle


    Im sitting on a 64 in my AC and I'm bricking it. Everything else completed. Anyone else in the same boat?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ✭✭✭ StanSmith


    mrpickle wrote: »
    Im sitting on a 64 in my AC and I'm bricking it. Everything else completed. Anyone else in the same boat?

    I'm in that same boat, drifting....waiting on the call


  • Registered Users Posts: 15 ✭✭✭ Arsenal123


    I'm 65! Not feeling too hopeful to be honest :/


  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭ Cromlech


    Arsenal123 wrote: »
    I'm 65! Not feeling too hopeful to be honest :/

    I wouldn't lose hope you are in the best position for a call. If nobody got a call yesterday they could do more on Monday.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 ✭✭✭ Arsenal123


    Got the call! So pleased!!


  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ pb82


    Bring on the induction


  • Registered Users Posts: 41 ✭✭✭ 1PCPLOD


    Any 64's in yet?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ✭✭✭ StanSmith


    1PCPLOD wrote: »
    Any 64's in yet?

    Yea. In my excitement I posted in wrong thread


  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ CDizzle


    Congrats to all who got the call. Heres hoping the next batch of calls in 5 weeks take in a few 62's!


  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ✭✭✭ minty141


    64 and got the call


  • Registered Users Posts: 508 .S.


    Congrats people


  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ✭✭✭ mrpickle


    Well done everyone who got the call! I'm sitting on 64 and didnt get the call today. Fingers crossed for next time though!


  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ Dr_watson


    CDizzle wrote: »
    Congrats to all who got the call. Heres hoping the next batch of calls in 5 weeks take in a few 62's!

    There might not be any future squads as recruitment will now be reviewed as per announcment this week. If there are calls then wont be 5 weeks because of xmas. Suppose we all have to keep fingers crossed. Well done to you lot getting the call today. Make the most of the chance!


  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭ Cromlech


    Dr_watson wrote: »
    There might not be any future squads as recruitment will now be reviewed as per announcment this week. If there are calls then wont be 5 weeks because of xmas. Suppose we all have to keep fingers crossed. Well done to you lot getting the call today. Make the most of the chance!

    Where did you see that? I can't seem to find any info on it.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 Mop a top


    Cromlech wrote: »
    Where did you see that? I can't seem to find any info on it.

    HR told me the same thing when I rang a week or two ago. Budget cuts means that they have to wait and see if they have the funding on a squad by squad basis.

    Good luck my lovelies!!!!


  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭ Cromlech


    Mop a top wrote: »
    HR told me the same thing when I rang a week or two ago. Budget cuts means that they have to wait and see if they have the funding on a squad by squad basis.

    Good luck my lovelies!!!!

    Oh yeah I knew they were doing it squad by squad I just thought Dr. Had seen a report that was released mentioning it and I fancied a look.

    I seen that they're restricting the opening hours if enquiry offices to help save money.

    Oh well we can only wait and see, if we don't get a call this time it's not that we haven't tried.


  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ Dr_watson


    Cromlech wrote: »
    Where did you see that? I can't seem to find any info on it.

    It was not made public but as someone has already posted it: intake of 40 confirmed for Jan and any subsequent recruitment will be subject to review. I have had this confirmed by someone "on the inside" lol. We are all just at the mercy of budget now. There is only space for another two squads anyway even if they took all 378.


  • Registered Users Posts: 15 ✭✭✭ Bearington


    Congrats to all who got in so far! Chuffed to bits for you, well done!

    As for the rest of us, lets stand firm and stay positive. Until the Big Chief says otherwise, we're still in this!


  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭ Cromlech


    Dr_watson wrote: »
    It was not made public but as someone has already posted it: intake of 40 confirmed for Jan and any subsequent recruitment will be subject to review. I have had this confirmed by someone "on the inside" lol. We are all just at the mercy of budget now. There is only space for another two squads anyway even if they took all 378.

    I thought you had seen more information that had been made public about the squad by squad recruitment. I wanted to see what they said so that I could rant about it to my partner lol.


  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ Dr_watson


    Cromlech wrote: »
    I thought you had seen more information that had been made public about the squad by squad recruitment. I wanted to see what they said so that I could rant about it to my partner lol.

    I will take this to wait thread because this is for the lucky folk and not us hangers on !


  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭ Cromlech


    Dr_watson wrote: »
    I will take this to wait thread because this is for the lucky folk and not us hangers on !

    True lol


  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ pb82


    Dr_watson wrote: »
    It was not made public but as someone has already posted it: intake of 40 confirmed for Jan and any subsequent recruitment will be subject to review. I have had this confirmed by someone "on the inside" lol. We are all just at the mercy of budget now. There is only space for another two squads anyway even if they took all 378.

    As stated previously, all recruitment is under review

    Squad by squad squad, could be 40, could be 20 could be cancelled

    Hopefully they keep going for campaign one at least


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭ DesertCreat_15


    Better carry on the Tradition !
    1. Me
    2. PB82
    3. Tron2000
    4. Arsenal123
    5. StanSmith(even though he closed his account :rolleyes:)
    6. Nr14

    No sign of any packs yet?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 ✭✭✭ tron2000


    Better carry on the Tradition !
    1. Me
    2. PB82
    3. Tron2000
    4. Arsenal123
    5. StanSmith(even though he closed his account :rolleyes:)
    6. Nr14

    No sign of any packs yet?

    Nothing for me yet. Just wondering what sort of age groups we are dealing with this time round?

    M/27


Advertisement