Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parks And Recreation - Season 7 [*Spoilers*]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Mad Mens Jon Hamm to make return for Parks and Recreation's final season.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/11/20/parks-recreation-jon-hamm/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Now all we need is a premiere date. I'm assuming it'll return to Thursdays at 9 or 9.30 sometime in January...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,172 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Best US sitcom going at the minute. Can't wait for it to return.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 17,961 ✭✭✭✭rob316

This made it to season 7? Christ I watched the first season a while back it was terrible stuff, real bottom of the barrel American stuff. Does it get better after season 1 or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

rob316 wrote: »
    This made it to season 7? Christ I watched the first season a while back it was terrible stuff, real bottom of the barrel American stuff. Does it get better after season 1 or something?

Major upswing in quality after season 1. There isn't a better character in a TV sitcom in the past 20 years than Ron Swanson

• Advertisement

I hated season 1 (thankfully it's only 6 episodes), but I was advised to power through it - it's essentially a different show from season 2 onwards...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,172 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I hated season 1 (thankfully it's only 6 episodes), but I was advised to power through it - it's essentially a different show from season 2 onwards...

I'm the same. Seasons 2 and onwards might as well be a different show.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 85,025 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Major upswing in quality after season 1. There isn't a better character in a TV sitcom in the past 20 years than Ron Swanson

Do you think Ron might get a spin off show?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Watch season 2. Seriously, say nothing else here and go do it. Then come back and thank us when you've finished seasons 3 to 6 :D

Everyone involved in the show knew the first season was a massive misstep, you'll find no one inside or outside the show saying otherwise, and the uptick in quality in season 2 is borderline miraculous really.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,961 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Cheers guys that sounds good, I'll add it to my watch list so and give it a whirl soon.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do you think Ron might get a spin off show?

I don't know and I'm not sure how I'd feel about it either if they did. One side of me would love to see more of him but I'd hate for them to ruin his legacy but putting him some second rate spin-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

A Ron spin off show sounds like a horrible idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,025 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I don't know and I'm not sure how I'd feel about it either if they did. One side of me would love to see more of him but I'd hate for them to ruin his legacy but putting him some second rate spin-off.

Could go way of Joey or of Frasier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

It certainly gets better in season 2 but I for one didn't think season 1 was "bottom of the barrel" at all. Have you ever seen 'Dads'? Now - that was pure sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I think they've already ruined Ron by taking the character too far, it was better when he was more subtle, they did the same thing to Eagleton Ron with his spirit questing in the woods crap, it was funnier when he was just a version of Ron who wore sandals and cared about the environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

Season 1 wasn't that bad. Bring back Mark Brendanawicz! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

You mean Mark Blandanowicz. What a bore!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wow, that's a little uncommon, isn't it? The cynic in me wonders if they just want rid of Parks & Rec. as quick as possible!

Is there any word yet on how this season will play out, given season 6 ended with
    that jump three years in the future with everything seemingly rosy
    (spoiler texting just in case, but then if you haven't seen season 6, get the hell out of this thread :D)

pixelburp wrote: »
    Wow, that's a little uncommon, isn't it? The cynic in me wonders if they just want rid of Parks & Rec. as quick as possible!

Is there any word yet on how this season will play out, given season 6 ended with
    (spoiler texting just in case, but then if you haven't seen season 6, get the hell out of this thread :D)

I think NBC are actually showing a good bit of love for the show by putting it on Tuesdays (their strongest night) rating wise and the reason for the back to back episodes is that it's the first "Event" show of the year, which seems to be the new thing to do. Fox used to do it with 24 by showing 4 episodes in the space of 2 nights at the start of the season and the last 4 over 2 nights at the end. I think if they threw it in on Thursdays or Fridays it would've been a case of just getting it out of the way, but just because of the timeslot I think they're attempting to give it a good send off.

First episode is titled
    so I reckon we'll be getting what we expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

If it really is set in the future wont Lesley need a load of new political heroes to worship? I doubt they'll be brave enough to say Hilary Clinton is in the White House.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I think NBC are actually showing a good bit of love for the show by putting it on Tuesdays (their strongest night) rating wise and the reason for the back to back episodes is that it's the first "Event" show of the year, which seems to be the new thing to do. Fox used to do it with 24 by showing 4 episodes in the space of 2 nights at the start of the season and the last 4 over 2 nights at the end.

I dunno, showing episodes of P&R back to back really feels like NBC are trying to rush the series out the door. The comparison with 24 doesn't really work, it's a bit 'apples & oranges'. A season of 24 is a single story chopped up into 24 episodes each one following into next so in that case it makes perfect sense to show them back to back. But P&R isn't the same, sure it'll have an overall arc for the season but each episode will be a self contained story.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭The Pooka

pixelburp wrote: »

I've heard
    we'll get flashbacks to the missing years
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

NBC is definitely burning it off. Sitcoms don't go into double blocks for any other reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

This is definitely a burn off, pity but I suppose it means we get to see the episodes sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The lead in for the series finale will be The Voice, one of NBC's most watched shows, so it's not like they don't care at all about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I think they should have stopped at season 5 really. Her whole pregnancy was stupid and unfunny. I love the show but they should have stopped it earlier. Sometimes it's better to stop it at its high than continue going and ruin it. I don't have high hopes for season seven and I'm glad they aren't making any more. It's a pity whatever happened after season 6 the show just went in the wrong direction. I hated the characters from Eagleton as well especially the guy who's name I can't remember but who just shouts everything. I just found the actor now and it says he's a comedian which astounds me. In parks and rec the guy is horribly unfunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Hey guys, I started binge-watching this over the Christmas break and am up to the start of season 6. I know that Rob Lowe and Rashida Jones leave in season 6 but without any spoilers, how does the series hold up without them? Chris was never that funny and the only 'joke' with him was his ridiculous positivity although his mental breakdown was also funny.

Ann Perkins was always a meh character and worked best as a foil for other characters. eg April's abuse or Ann's compliments. Overall, I always thought the series could survive without her though.

I hated the characters from Eagleton as well especially the guy who's name I can't remember but who just shouts everything. I just found the actor now and it says he's a comedian which astounds me. In parks and rec the guy is horribly unfunny.

I quite like him. I had watched his 'Billy on the Street' sketches on YouTube before I saw him in P&R and thought they were good (he does the same shouty thing in that too so maybe I'm just used to him).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

thelad95 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I started binge-watching this over the Christmas break and am up to the start of season 6. I know that Rob Lowe and Rashida Jones leave in season 6 but without any spoilers, how does the series hold up without them? Chris was never that funny and the only 'joke' with him was his ridiculous positivity although his mental breakdown was also funny.

Ann Perkins was always a meh character and worked best as a foil for other characters. eg April's abuse or Ann's compliments. Overall, I always thought the series could survive without her though.
    It loses nothing and focuses on one new character in particular that steals nearly every scene he's in (not Jean Ralphio).
    I quite like him. I had watched his 'Billy on the Street' sketches on YouTube before I saw him in P&R and thought they were good (he does the same shouty thing in that too so maybe I'm just used to him).
    This guy basically. And I didn't know him from before P&R and didn't find him annoying at all.

Advertisement