Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parks And Recreation - Season 7 [*Spoilers*]

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Its odd what you say about Andy because to me he is one of the biggest changes between Season 1 and what came after. Season 1 Andy is virtually a totally different character, Ann’s slacker (and sponger) boyfriend, a millions miles from the loveable rouge of later seasons. (Oddly, April is the only one who seems to remember season 1 Andy, though more as a running joke to explain her dislike of Ann).

Question: for someone who loves Parks and Recreation (but hates with a passion the U.K. version of the Office), is the US Office worth a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Interestingly enough the concept for Parks & Rec was initially meant to be a sort of an Office spin-off with Rasida Jones being her exact character from that show but they felt the material was worth a broader scope.

The first season isn't too troublesome as you come to grips with the characters only 6 episodes and yeah its very much an experimental launchpad. Season 2-4 were kind of all killer from what I remember. 5-6 numerous dud episodes cropping up here and there but overall swaying along mostly due to the now much beloved characters. Final season was very much a show that kind of had to bow out when it did and kind of did so in a way that wasn't really a whimper but not a smile either, the whole flashforward thing was a complete misfire obviously.

I intend watching the U.S. Office but haven't done so yet due actually prob the opposite of you the U.K Office is gold!! Open to correction but I believe the U.S. Office opening Season follows the same patterns/trends/stories as the Original series which only had about 14 episodes including specials anyway but after that comes into it's own stride (and all the better for it then or so I'm led to believe)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I may have been mixing up season 2 when thinking of Andy. When he starts living in the pit is when he became hilarious to me. I loved that storyline.

Season 1 of The Office US is the most like the British version, so if you don't like that then you may be turned off. I'd suggest looking at a few standalone episodes from season 2 and if you like what you see, go back and plow through through season 1.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Advertisement