Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

ASOT wrote: »
    Also subbed Parke, he would beat a good few fighters out of the top 20, Masvidal, Parke again & Johnson id be fairly confident of him beating.

Parke maybe, masvidal and johnson have the tdd and striking to win via tko or decision

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mellor wrote: »
    Are you really surprised that success at the top of the sport has resulted in more programmes and interviews? That's incredibly normal.
    Of course there's more bandwagoners. It's not a big deal really.

What counts as a bandwagon jumpers anyway?
    You've never posted on this forum until know, member since 2010. There's loads of casual fans peaking in interest because of McGregor, that's good for the sport imo

And before the UFC he was extremely well known in the MMA community. It was was fans who hammered on at Dana to sign him.
    What wrestler has he lost to?

It's a bit strange that your first post on the MMA forum in 4 years, is

Hes going to say Joe Duffy is a wrestler which is incorrect on so many levels. Unreal boxing out of the chap. 7-0 in pro boxing before his return was pretty savy.

seanhynes wrote: »
    Aldo Edgar II April 18th according to Edgar's twitter page

Stupid fight, aldo wins again

seanhynes wrote: »
    Aldo Edgar II April 18th according to Edgar's twitter page

Hes saying thats what he wants, they wont have that fight on a fox event. Itl be on a PPV if it does go ahead.

https://twitter.com/FrankieEdgar/status/537042132247527424

Hes going to say Joe Duffy is a wrestler which is incorrect on so many levels. Unreal boxing out of the chap. 7-0 in pro boxing before his return was pretty savy.

Ive sparred with joe and hes not an 'unreal boxer'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

jimpump wrote: »
    Duffy aint no scrub, but hes not even top 25 in his division

Dunno how you've ranked him but ya to even make it to the UFC would be a success story.

Would love if it panned out, I remember when Cole Miller was interviewed after a fight he was talkin about Conor and playing him down by mentioning his loss to some guy called Joesph Duffy. Be gas if in the future a Miller/Duffy bout materialized :pac::pac:

Ive sparred with joe and hes not an 'unreal boxer'

Opinions are a great thing, everybody can have a different one.

So whos next for conor after siver. I say lamas and see him get exposed

Dunno how you've ranked him but ya to even make it to the UFC would be a success story.

Would love if it panned out, I remember when Cole Miller was interviewed after a fight he was talkin about Conor and playing him down by mentioning his loss to some guy called Joesph Duffy. Be gas if in the future a Miller/Duffy bout materialized :pac::pac:

That would be a good fight on the next dublin card.......if we get an event in the nedt year or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 39,120 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Born in sillogue and then moved to coolock. Does one have to live in the same area all their life. Cant stay living with mammy all your life pal, so get out there and explore a bit
    I think you missed my point a bit.
    Born in one area, moved to another when you grew up. Just like Siver moving to Germany when he was 17 - which started this whole thing.

Don't worry about me staying under mammy's wing. Currently 16,000km away. Exploring is going grand so far. ;)
    Duffy aint no scrub, but hes not even top 25 in his division
    I'd agree with that. He's good, but not top 25, yet.
    But there's room in the UFC for him to work his way up, the LW roster must be 30-50 fighters.
    Plus he subbed conor in less than a minute
    He sub'd him 4 years ago. When Conor was probably a BJJ white belt.
    Your post I linked to above was from around the same time. Imagine what you'd have learnt in 4 years close to full time training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Stupid fight, aldo wins again

The first fight apart from being a great fight was very very close. Its certainly a possibility they'd wanna put that together again

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭nadey

Mellor wrote: »
    Are you really surprised that success at the top of the sport has resulted in more programmes and interviews? That's incredibly normal.
    Of course there's more bandwagoners. It's not a big deal really.

What counts as a bandwagon jumpers anyway?
    You've never posted on this forum until know, member since 2010. There's loads of casual fans peaking in interest because of McGregor, that's good for the sport imo

And before the UFC he was extremely well known in the MMA community. It was was fans who hammered on at Dana to sign him.
    What wrestler has he lost to?

It's a bit strange that your first post on the MMA forum in 4 years, is

WOW!! Stalker alert I didn't know I was being watched 👀👀👀👀 since when is it against boards rules that you must post regularly on MMA to have on opinion???

I do have a life since you are going through my page you will have seen I don't post regularly I only come in here when I'm bored with free time

I think it was 08/09 he lost to Joseph duffy by submission don't think I'm far off the date

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

nadey wrote: »
    WOW!! Stalker alert I didn't know I was being watched 👀👀👀👀 since when is it against boards rules that you must post regularly on MMA to have on opinion???

I do have a life since you are going through my page you will have seen I don't post regularly I only come in here when I'm bored with free time

I think it was 08/09 he lost to Joseph duffy by submission don't think I'm far off the date

The Conor who lost to Duffy is not even in the same league as the Conor we know today

• Registered Users Posts: 39,120 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Stalking? ah don't flatter yourself. You click the username and it comes up.
    Where did I say you have to be a regular for an opinion to count. In fact, I said new fans are good for the sport.

I just funny that you were ranting about people jumping on the bandwagon. Yet it looked like you were badwagoning yourself.
    Joe Duffy isn't really a wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Well that escalated quickly.

Jumpump is banned for trolling, fighter bashing, and anything else you can think of.
    Everyone else, keep it as civil as possible and on topic.
    Cheers lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I have to say ever since conor joined the ufc hardly anyone in ireland knew about him, now that he's in the ufc all the band wagon jumpers are a joke, if ireland are so proud of him why weren't there tv programmes radio interviews about him before? I would put my life on it that if conor loses his winning steak all the band wagon jumpers would jump off and wait for the next wagon to jump on

Damn straight. This week I'm big into Irish rugby. Next week, who knows? I've no time for losers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

He was already successful before the ufc on a winning streak, he can't fight against wrestlers and last time he did he lost, tom Egan.got in the the ufc where was his irish fans then oh yeah I forgot not good enough for his own to stand behide him as I said when conor loses all the fans all the band wagon jumpers will be gone.and.move on to the next popular fighter

So what?? Jesus Christ.

If people are taking an interest in mma and ufc because of conor what's the problem??

Interest has to start from somewhere. Its a positive thing he is doing, and he has the majority of the nation behind him apart from a few begrudgers and high gorse brigade.keep up the good work conor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Conor just gave twitter a panic attack. He uploaded a pic posing at Croke Park.

"@TheNotoriousMMA: This stadium has hosted many wars. It will host one more. WELCOME TO EIRE!!! http://t.co/AtyuGxn6tF http://t.co/mCjQVRmJI1"

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭nadey

Conor just gave twitter a panic attack. He uploaded a pic posing at Croke Park.

"@TheNotoriousMMA: This stadium has hosted many wars. It will host one more. WELCOME TO EIRE!!! http://t.co/AtyuGxn6tF http://t.co/mCjQVRmJI1"

No way will there be an open arena event in dublin, not with our bleedin weather

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

They'll have the octagon covered like this
    1393929862wemb-2.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    They'll have the octagon covered like this

And everyone else just sits in the rain? Sounds great :|

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

No way will there be an open arena event in dublin, not with our bleedin weather

I heard from the horses mouth (JK) last week that Croker is definitely happening next Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Duff wrote: »
    I heard from the horses mouth (JK) last week that Croker is definitely happening next Summer.

Conor told us in Vegas it was booked already for May. Fair few drinks on him at the time though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

It rains about 150 days per year, on the east coast. Stop being so dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

have you ever been out?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Thing is, it won't be a title shot. Reason is that they'll have to have the event on late at night for the US audience and the council won't allow that.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Thing is, it won't be a title shot. Reason is that they'll have to have the event on late at night for the US audience and the council won't allow that.

The wont have to have it late here if they really wanted to, there not held to any time restraints with PPVs like they are with Fox shows. But obviously it would probally do less buys being on early in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

The wont have to have it late here if they really wanted to, there not held to any time restraints with PPVs like they are with Fox shows. But obviously it would probally do less buys being on early in the US

The fact that they'd sell 80,000 tickets would compensate for the PPV bookings loss aswell.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    The fact that they'd sell 80,000 tickets would compensate for the PPV bookings loss aswell.

Yeah depending on the card aswell they may not lose that much PPV as it is, im sure fans wouldnt mind watching the event early on a Saturday morning if it was a fairly stacked card. I dont think it would happen myself but I really hope it does!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Please God don't let it be on the same night as Foo Fighters 30th May!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement