Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Noticeboard - All casting calls, auditions, crew requests and general notices go here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LucySweeney

We are filming from the 22nd of february to the 29th of february!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kingbob666

Hey everyone. extras are needed urgently for a film shoot in dublin in the arlington hotel on dame street this wednesday. its a bar scene so you would have to dress like your on a night out. women parts needed especially first people to respond will also have lines. there are some big names working on this film. email me for details or just write on this!

kingbob666@live.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Will you be paying the extras and featured extras?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Hi guys,

I'm a Cork based filmmaker/photographer/sound recordist, just recently finished a MA in Filmmaking and I'm looking to get involved with or collaborate with others in Cork. I'm a qualified sound engineer and recordist and I'm also very handy with a camera. Drop me a line if you want any more info.

Cheers

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Will you be paying the extras and featured extras?

No unfortunately not but you will have the opportunity to be In the same film as some very big up and coming Irish names

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭corsica

What time on Wednesday?

corsica wrote: »
    What time on Wednesday?

Shooting is from 9am to 6pm but the extra work would be done first so you wouldn't have to spend the whole day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

kingbob666 wrote: »
    No unfortunately not but you will have the opportunity to be In the same film as some very big up and coming Irish names

Transport costs and food covered?

food and drinks will be provided for all. unfortunately transport costs wont be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 IanHD

Wanna be on MTV?

Fail Safe Films are looking for extras to take part in their exciting new music video for UK artists Matrix & Futurebound this Saturday 1st of March in The Wright Venue in Swords. We're looking for people to act as the dancers and punters of the club, interacting in the venue and with our main actors.

The video centres around a beautiful girl and her gangster boyfriend as they embark on a drug-induced journey through a surreal nightclub. Having produced Matrix & Futurebound's last hit video 'Control' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv8CLxCD5yg) which has played on MTV, has over a million hits on Youtube, and reached no. 7 in the UK singles chart- we are now working together again on their video for their upcoming single 'Don't Look Back'.

We're filming this Saturday and we're looking for people for a half day- from about 12:30pm to 6pm. We're not able to offer people a fee for the shoot, but there will be food and snacks available on set, and it should be a bit of fun. We think it's going to be a really slick and exciting video, and given the success of our last video, this will also get the same kind of exposure online and on MTV.

So if you or your friends are interested in taking part, please email ian@failsafefilms.ie. and turn up tomorrow! Hopefully see you then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Lisa_B

Hi Everyone,

I'm Lisa, I'm a digital media student currently casting for a 5 minute short film dealing with racism and drugs.

'Ignorance is Bliss' is an exciting film project currently being produced by Creative Digital Media students in Dublin.
    The short film which deals with issues of drugs and racism is looking for 3 actors to help them bring the film to life.

The Lead Male: Abdul (25-29 Y/O) plays a young Muslim Irish Man of ethnic origins who is the victim of racism.
    Preferably has an ethnic complexion with an Irish accent.

Secondary Male: Mark (25-29 Y/O) plays a racist drug user who is a fan of conflict.
    Preferably of slim build with pale skin.

Lead Female: Jackie (24-29 Y/O) plays a naive drug user who experiences an emotional roller coaster.
    Preferably of slim build with long hair and pale skin.

Filming will take place on March 27th and April 3rd from 9 - 3pm both days
    All roles are unpaid, but refreshments will be provided and copies of the production will be supplied for show reels.

If you or someone you know is interested in one of the above roles, or would like more information please contact me at blissfulproductions@outlook.com

Thanks!

Lisa

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭stedabee

Hi all, currently i own and run a remote aerial photography/videography business and i'm looking to work with somebody that has experience as a camera operator. Currently i work with one guy but he's sometimes not available and having a second person would be great. To give you a quick idea, the person will be in charge of tracking the subject/object while i fly. Pay is very good and could be ideal for someone out of work looking for a few days here and there.

If you think this might interest you could you please pm me and i'll explain everything in full detail. Also if you could send a cv or any work you have done that would be great. Thanks Guys!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

Traumatised ( working title )

Male actor required 18-25

Actor is tortured by his own insanity and this involves alot of emotional acting with very little dialogue.

Shooting for the March On Film Contest.

Work will be unpaid, but expenses and food will be covered. To be shot in Co.Roscommon, but train return tickets will be covered,and transport from train will be provided.

Shooting dates : Saturday the 15th, with Sunday to be considered, so you must be free for both days.

Will be great for your showreel.

Please contact,

peterkilmartin@campus.ie

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sgm

Hey folks,

I'm currently doing a masters in radio and TV production in the National Film School and looking to get involved in some projects. So if anyone needs an unpaid and committed production assistant/ runner/ researcher/ sound recordist/ assistant cameraman let me know! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Ecocabbie

Hey, Im looking for a videographer/videography intern to work with on a series of regular small scale projects- as well as some other larger ones, most outdoor and live action camera work & simple edit. This is internship but does comprise paid work, & would especially suit someone seeking experience working in a professional capacity with an experienced, well connected team and an experienced creative director. Own gear preferred but we have some available also

Please PM, send any portfolio or work example, details of equipment and some info about yourself and your style and goals :)

We have references from previous successful interns now in full time positions.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

Hi all,

I'm working on a short film and searching for actors for it. The main role, Ed - male, early 20s, short hair - will be about a student who gets into serious financial difficulty with loan sharks and decides to fake his own death as a result.
    There will be a number of smaller roles sought too:
    Ed's Mother (40+ y/o, age flexible), Ed's younger brother (around 13 y/o), Café worker (30+ y/o, age flexible).
    We will be looking to audition around 10th-13th of April and film in the two weeks following, two or three specific days to be confirmed. It'll be filmed around Blanchardstown mostly.
    It's a college final project so we can't offer money for it, but you will get experience from it and a film for your showreel.

If you have any questions at all or are in any way interested, please feel free to contact me by email at: chillian17@gmail.com.

Thanks very much :)
    Cillian

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

CAST NEEDED FOR SUMMER PLAY IN CORK - (All ages)

Deadline: 31/05/2014
    Role Information

Roles: Actor
    Ages: Children,Teens,Adults
    Fees: Read below:
    Details of Role

Hello, David here! This is a search for actors who may be interested in auditioning for a play during the summer. It will hopefully be staged in the CAT Club in Cork as apart of their 'Summer-lunch' season. A small audience with lunch performed early in the day. Its roughly 35mins long. I'm currently still in school so this would be a great project for me to look forward to during the summer. We're a new theatre company 'Excelsior' and I though this would be the perfect opportunity.

Unfortunately I cant offer pay as this will be in a type of collaboration with the CAT club and the amount of money we get is indefinite, but surely for an actor who takes part a token of appreciation will be given at the end of the run. So at the moment this is clearly a search for numbers etc. Please feel free to apply age or gender doesn't matter haha! Read more about the play down below!

'HE'S COMING TO DINNER'

After eight years of raising two teenage children on her own, with little social life to speak of, Mum - who goes by the name of Marianne - has finally found the man she knows to be Mr Right. The time has come, therefore, for him to meet her children, Sophie and Jude, over a family dinner at home.

Unfortunately, with only ten minutes to go before he arrives, Marianne suddenly realises that she has no idea what her children feel about there being a man around the place again. In the tense minutes before his arrival, Sophie and Jude each make their feelings plain about the whole situation in a way that Marianne simply hadn't anticipated.

Then, he arrives and, much to their surprise, Sophie and Jude come face to face with the last man on Earth they expected to see...

He's Coming to Dinner is a light family drama with four solid and engaging characters. Lasting about 30-35 minutes, this one act show deals with the matter of divorce from the children's point of view. The play is a serious one, and the text near the knuckle in places, but the issues are handled in such a way as to allow humour to show through to assist in engaging your audience without making the piece too angsty and morose.

CHARACTERS

MARIANNE: An attractive, loving and resiliant working Mum, who has raised two teenagers on her own.

SOPHIE: Marianne's 15 year old daughter. Angsty, but not as bad as Jude. A bit of a Daddy's girl.

JUDE: Marianne's 17 year old son. Very angry at Dad. Cheeky, rebellious and self-reliant.

HIM: A man of similar age to Marianne.

(Age doesn't matter at all we are interested in everyone!)
    IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ANYWAY PLEASE SEND A CV TO
    excelsiortheatreco@gmail.com
    THANK YOU,
    DAVID CRONIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Credibility

Hola,

We are a small Irish Tech start up, we are launching soon and we would like to do some low budget skits, so we can send them viral.

We can pay you for your time, would yo be interested?

if so contact hello@credibility.ie

thanks
    The Credibility Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kingofblocks

Hello!

I am currently working on a short animated film called "The Slug and the Shell". The film is well into production and should be completed in the next two months. However although most of the voices have been cast there are still a couple of characters that I am looking for voices for. If anyone is interested in being one of the voices I will be sure to add them to the films credits. The film will be entered into a number of film festivals here in Ireland.

If you are interested please record an audio sample of your voice with a couple of different character voices and leave a link to it bellow so that I can listen and see if the voice is right for the characters. Any applicants are much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Emiedoo

Hello,
    Sorry I am replying via my phone but I will try to send you a male and female simple audio recording within next 24 hours. Sorry travelling at the moment and using my phone.
    Thanks!
    Emiedoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Gansee Films

We are looking for a boy between 10-14 (young looking 14) to play the lead in a music video for an up and coming Dublin band.

The boy would have the 'streetwise/tough' appearance ideally but this isn't a deciding factor.
    The role will involve quite a lot of physical action but no lip syncing or dancing.

Auditions this weekend (week ending 19/20 July)

Production is low budget but expenses will be covered.

PM for further details

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jmdesign1

Male in their 20s/30s needed for short we are shooting in Dublin this Monday. Pm for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BrianGoode

Hey All

I am co-ordinating the Dublin Shoot for this very cool Dutch-Irish feature film and we are looking for some very lovely extras for a scene we are shooting in The Savoy cinema on Thursday 25th of September - otherwise known as 'This Thursday'....

HISTORY'S FUTURE has an incredible cast from all over Europe and the people behind the scenes are pretty interesting too.

Please reply in the thread and I can DM you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Looking for a Dublin-based runner with their own car and full clean licence for a shoot Oct 27th-31st.

No pay unfortunately but all expenses covered. Ideally someone who could work the full shoot but if you can do a few days even then get in touch.

Good opportunity to work and get in the door with an established production company.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 PikaPikachu

I am looking for a CAMERA MAN in Galway.
    I am a singer and have recently started a FB page posting covers.
    I am now working on a cover I made of George Michael's Last Christmas. The purpose of these covers is to gain experience before I start recording my first album.
    So I'm not necessarily looking for a professional: if, like me, you are looking to gain experience, this small project is a good one as it is nothing professional.

There is no compensation, other than the experience gained and, of course, your name in the credits section.
    The cover in question needs to be ready before mid-December (for obvious reasons).

I have good ideas for the video, but of course more ideas can be suggested and applied to the project while working together.

If you are interested, please get in touch. I can be contacted by e-mail at noizykid(AT)gmail(DOT)com .

Peace,

PikaPikachu

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SoulsmithFilm

Hi all, we're looking for the following crew for a 3 week feature shoot in January in Mayo and Dublin. All roles are unpaid but all costs will be covered; food, travel, accommodation etc.

Production Designer
    Costume Designer
    Lighting Technician
    Focus Puller
    Boom Operator
    Script Supervisor
    Data Wrangler

Plot Description -

Ed Smith is on a losing streak. He was once the doyen of Dublin’s theatre scene but his most recent plays have been critically panned. We watch as his world closes in around him both personally and professionally. Ed has to go back to basics and look within himself in the hope that he can reconnect both with the people around him and with the audiences that once lauded him.

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask. We'd love to meet people as soon as possible.

Thanks

Séamus

Hi,

I am working on a music video and need an actress to play the girlfriend of singing guy on screen. No kissing involved- tough luck ladies :)

Playing range: 18-25.
    Shooting in Galway city.

This is a Christmas video for a cover of George Michael's "Last Christmas". Video will be posted on YouTube.

We are not professionals and this project is only to gain some experience, so suitable for beginners.

If interested, please send me a private message. You can also e-mail me at noizykid(AT)gmail(DOT)com .

Cheers,

PikaPikachu

I am working on a Christmas video. It's a cover of George Michael's "Last Christmas".
    This is only to gain experience as I am working on original material as well. If we work well together we can also work on my original material together. I am planning to send my demo to record labels for consideration so in the long run, having worked on these could really pay off, one can never know!
    Video will be shot in Galway city under the Christmas lights. Scenes will involve walking together as a couple, laughing, hugging, holding hands. There will be scenes shot at the Christmas market where couple enjoys the Christmas atmosphere. Project should only take about a day, two max.
    Need an actor to play "boyfriend" and an actress to play "girlfriend" in video. Playing range for both: 18-25.
    If interested, please contact Jenna at jenna.mau(AT)hotmail(DOT)com.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 marfagirl95

Hi , im working on a short film and I was wondering if anyone was interested in getting involved , it is a supernatural drama/comedy , If you want to get involved in any way please pm me .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Hi , im working on a short film and I was wondering if anyone was interested in getting involved , it is a supernatural drama/comedy , If you want to get involved in any way please pm me .

More info please! Where are you filming? Are you looking for actors/crew/writers etc

Advertisement