Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noticeboard - All casting calls, auditions, crew requests and general notices go here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 orrfiona

Hey guys,

I'm looking for someone who is interested in helping to film (and edit, maybe) a 3min video this week in Dublin (prob Thurs).

I'm working for/with an NGO on a blog which will launch on the 1st Oct. Its called the Global Irishman and is about development issues and faith. So we're writing about Syria, Democracy, Poverty, North Korea etc etc.

My role is to be the human rights voice in the whole thing... and what I want to do is challenge about WHY we care for other people.... I believe we have an inherent dignity (the idea of human rights) not because we are born with natural goodness ourselves, but because we are made in the image of God and therefore reflect Him.
    so i was to make a video
    and put up a mirror in Grafton St (or some public place) and have someone looking into it, while someone else spits on it, kicks it and smashes it up... as the public walk by..... Is the basic idea.

Do you have a camera and are you interested in helping to film?

Would love to hear from you :)

Fiona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

What's the budget for the shoot and how much are you paying the cameraman/editor?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭shiftkey

I would also suggest getting permission from Dublin City Council to smash your mirror or you may find yourself with a fine!
    orrfiona wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for someone who is interested in helping to film (and edit, maybe) a 3min video this week in Dublin (prob Thurs).

I'm working for/with an NGO on a blog which will launch on the 1st Oct. Its called the Global Irishman and is about development issues and faith. So we're writing about Syria, Democracy, Poverty, North Korea etc etc.

My role is to be the human rights voice in the whole thing... and what I want to do is challenge about WHY we care for other people.... I believe we have an inherent dignity (the idea of human rights) not because we are born with natural goodness ourselves, but because we are made in the image of God and therefore reflect Him.
    so i was to make a video
    and put up a mirror in Grafton St (or some public place) and have someone looking into it, while someone else spits on it, kicks it and smashes it up... as the public walk by..... Is the basic idea.

Fiona

There is no budget, sorry. Its a volunteer position

There is no budget, sorry. Its a volunteer position

Good luck with it.

Just out of interest who's paying for the mirror you're going to smash?

• Advertisement

I have it already. Its an old one...

I have it already. Its an old one...

As suggested above - make sure you have permission to do this in advance to do this in a public area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

7 years bad luck for your film. :)

Ha! cheeers!

Just to add to my advice earlier. My son is studying film in BCFE in Ballyfermot and he and some of his class had to go on location locally to shoot a short movie for coursework. They arranged with a local shop manager if they could come after closing to shoot a 'hold-up' scene,
    (I guess at this point, some of you clever 'plot guessers' will see where this is going to end) so during the rehearsal shoots, a passer-by had looked in the shop window and noticed the two "masked robbers" with balaclavas and they brandishing a toy pistol at the actor 'manager', and decided to call the Garda, and so at about five minutes in to the shoot, a Garda car screeches up outside and in burst three armed Garda with flak jackets on and shouting at the actors to drop their weapons! My son and his Director were reprimanded by a detective in Ballyfermot Garda station on how stupid they were for not informing the Garda about what they were planning and how lucky they were not to have been shot!
    This REALLY happened, you have my word on it!

• Advertisement

shiftkey wrote: »
    This REALLY happened, you have my word on it!

Not the first time filmmakers have ended up in trouble with the cops for something like this alright.

Always, always notify Gardai for shoots like this.

Although smashing a mirror isn't as bad as producing a firearm it is still something you will need permission to do. You will also have to have a clean-up plan. They won't be happy if you leave shards of broken glass on the street.

Hi Fiona,
    Well, did the show go on?

Hey guys,

so i was to make a video

Fiona

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Voxonic

Hi folks, I'm a screenwriter looking to collaborate with any directors out there who are also starting out and looking to make a short. I've done quite a few courses on writing, in Filmbase and college etc. Now I'm just looking to shoot something, anyone interested??? Thanks
    If your looking for audio post done one any future collaborations let me know and see if I can help you out.

• Company Representative Posts: 103 Verified rep MovieExtras.ie: Derek

Very distinguished good looking males, could be FEATURED, needed URGENTLY!!

Age 20 to 65. Really suave outfits!! Have to keep details of them confidential

WE NEED TO KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE – YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE FOLLOWING MEASUREMENTS and other criteria:

1 Height 5’9 to 6’1

2 Chest between 36 to 44

3 HAIR – HAS TO BE NATURAL, medium to long, BUT not past shoulder length, no highlights or Blonde and no visible tattoos

4 YOU NEED TO BE AVAILABLE for a fitting TOMORROW early afternoon in Bray

5 Be distinguished and good looking

AND AVAILABLE FOR:

Filming ALL day on FRIDAY Oct 18th, MON Oct 21st AND TUES Oct 22nd – FULL DAYS. HAVE to be available for ALL three days.

ONLY APPLY IF THE ABOVE MATCHES YOU and you are AVAILABLE for the fitting dates and ALL THREE SHOOT dates. Do not apply if you are a member of MovieExtras.ie as you will have been considered.

Penny Dreadful is the massive $33m budget US production starring Timothy Dalton, Josh Hartnett and Eva Green

How to Apply:

Email: AdvertCasting@MovieExtras.ie

Include the following information:

(a) Subject line - Distinguished Gentleman 20 to 50 year old
    (b) Recent photo (ONLY APPLICATIONS WITH A PHOTO WILL BE CONSIDERED)
    (c) Age (inc date of birth)
    (d) EXACT Measurements – Height, Waist, Chest
    (e) Availability
    (f) Phone Number and location"

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lisa_B

Hi,
    I am a 3rd year digital media student currently casting for a TV advert for cyber bullying.

We're looking for:

One MALE and One FEMALE aged 17-25.
    Both characters will have been victims of cyber bullying and are opening up about their experiences of the issue.
    Filming will be on Friday November 15th from 9am-3pm, located on the IT Tallaght campus.

This is an unpaid role, HOWEVER we can supply copies of the advert for your own personal show reels and will provide refreshments on the day also.

If anyone in is interested could you email us on cyberaware@outlook.com with a photograph of yourselves and your details please

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

Hey guys,

I'm a student filmmaker, and I've a shoot in Rathmines on Wednesday (30th) And i'm just wondering would any kind fellow be willing to lend me a slider for literally the duration of the shoot? Would be able to give it back that day.Everything is indoors, nothing dangerous or moving, I know i'm chancing the arm, but student film makers have to attempt these things one way or another.

Would really appreciate any help offered.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Redface06

Hello everyone,

I am a student in Tallaght Institute of Technology. Myself and members of my television production class are creating an advertisement and require cast members.

We need one female aged 18-25 for a lead role to play a character called Jess. Jess works at a call centre and is required to dress in business attire, white blouse, black trousers. The male lead role aged 18-25 is Tom. Tom is a victim of domestic abuse and will be required to dress casually. Tom will be supported by a character named Jack, Jack plays Tom's concerned friend and will also be required to dress casually. Two male extras are needed to complete the cast.

This shoot will take place on November 22nd and actors are required to be at the college between 10am and 4pm.

If you are interested in starring in this production please contact my inbox for further details and I will send versions of the script.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭AllWasWell

Hi everyone,

My boss has completed a short animatic based on the 1916 Rising. You can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r4zx2mjz5E

He is looking to polish it up and then present it to the Irish Film Board where he hopes to get funding and have it broadcast (also in talks with RTE). He is looking for a script writer to review the script, make changes and incorporate other stories to extend the script up to twenty minutes.

The job would be unpaid, as it is a start up company. However, you would be credited and it would be a great piece for a CV/Showreel. If anyone is interested and would like to hear more about the position please PM me.

AllWasWell wrote: »
    The job would be unpaid, as it is a start up company. However, you would be credited and it would be a great piece for a CV/Showreel. If anyone is interested and would like to hear more about the position please PM me.

What percentage of the funding is he willing to give to the script-writer if it gets funded by the Film Board and/or is sold to RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Das89

Hello,

I am graduate from the BSc sound engineering course in Queen's University.
    I have experience in many production and postproduction fields such as live and studio recording, editing and advertisement for both radio and Television. I have experience with much audio hardware such as mixing consoles and audio Tascam’s along with experience with many editing software’s such as pro tools, adobe and avid.

I am advertising to for any film or production roles out there. I have a vast experience in both audio producing, editing and recording. I have held positions as a producer, audio engineer and postproduction engineer in both radio and TV.

I have worked as a producer and audio engineer on many programs for the radio. I can work in most production fields from recording, voice-overs, advertisements and producing. I have also worked as a sound engineer within RTE programming. I have also worked for many years as a sound designer for short films, games, and apps and as a studio engineer within many studios within Ireland and the UK.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon,

Regards,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

** ACTORS **

Actors needed for a short film. In particular we need male actors, aged 20-40, who are reasonably physically fit.

Experience not essential, as long as you're comfortable in front of a camera.
    We'll be filming in Dublin next week, on weekdays, from 5pm late into the night.
    This is unpaid but we will provide food and transport.

Auditions are tomorrow evening (apologies for the short notice) from 5pm to 7:30.
    PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Roman_Garcia

Hi!

I'm a spanish national based in Dublin

I have worked as a camera operator in TV news and corporate videos

I'm starting as a steadicam operator, so I'm interested in collaborating on student projects or similar to improve my skills and build up a showreel.

I have my own steadicam kit: steadicam zephyr ( up to 11 kgs aprox weight capacity )

Find below the link to see the steadicam model information

http://www.tiffen.com/steadicam_zephyr.html

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭numb3r

Hi Guys,

I'm a Cork based musician/composer/producer.
    I can do many styles of music and sounds and recently I've been getting into film scoring.
    I'm looking to expand my portfolio so if anybody needs a composer for their amateur film/short 's soundtrack send me a pm.

Below are some of my musical endeavours all recorded and produced by myself:

https://soundcloud.com/venomose
    http://www.breakingtunes.com/vigoband

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sgm

Hi guys,

Im a film student looking to get some hands on experience of filming. I have all the filming and audio equipment available from college, but need people willing to give some of their time to help out with it, and more importantly actors looking to expand their portfolios. I'm hoping to make a short film or very short tv/web series.

I would also like to get a script to work from, so if any aspiring screenwriters out there want to see something they wrote filmed let me know.
    This is not a paid project or anything, just an opportunity for people new to the industry to get some experience and practice, while expanding their portfolios :)

If anybodys interested please PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ecate

Hello Guys,

I am an asian filmmaker based in Dublin,
    right now I am starting to search for actors for my film!

Please check the following infos:
    http://highandry.com/fotoromanzo.html
    https://www.facebook.com/highandry.momo

I am searching for all kind of people,
    the experience is not essential!

Please reply me here or write me on gravitysrainbow3@gmail.com
    I will need you to send me the following things:
    1.a short description about yourself, it can be super brief
    2.one to two photos of you from your daily life (not studio shot please)
    3.a rough time table about how you usually organize your time weekly
    4. it is a no pay or low pay job (but it's a real job), but please do contact if me if you will like to know more about this production!:)

Cheers and all the best to you guys!:)

Momò

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nevillj2

Greetings :)

Myself and 3 others are final year multimedia students in DCU and our final year project is a short film, which we have scheduled to begin shooting in 4 weeks times on the 17th of February and expect to be finished 4 weeks later on the 16th March.

The budget is quite small. We will have a cast of 3 - 6 actors, 2 - 3 cameras , lighting and sound kit. Script is currently being redrafted and finalised.

We require a set locations for an opticians, an office and a house. Our shooting times are flexible to the extent that we can film outside of business hours and weekends if necessary.

We are based in Dublin but are willing to travel anywhere within the country.

Can anyone help please.

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LucySweeney

Hi, we are students at Liberties college looking for actors to feature in our comedy film for our final year in college.

We are looking for three leading roles:
    -Main character - Malcolm- Average Joe, late 20's. Has an addiction to Xbox.
    -Secondary Characters: Dunner- Late 20's,
    -Martin- Respectable, mid 50's, greying hair, dressed smartly. He is Malcolm's nemesis in both reality and the virtual world.
    -Laura – Mid 20's, elegant, professional, dressed smartly.
    -Scooby – Jack the Lad, early 20's, dresses like a “Howiya!!”
    -Donal – Late 30's, tall, slim, uptight and well dressed.
    -Sarah – Boho hippy chick, tomboy, early 20's
    We will also be needing a set of extras for multiple scenes.
    This is a student production so it is non-fee paying
    Payment details: no pay

Applications to this casting call require:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

When ya doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LucySweeney

We will begin filming in 12 days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Whats the timeline lookin like?

Advertisement