Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo:The Master Chief Collection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

destiny, titanfall & halo coming in nov, thats a lot of fps to take in in 2 months!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

IvoryTower wrote: »
    destiny, titanfall & halo coming in nov, thats a lot of fps to take in in 2 months!
    I stopped playing Titanfall after a few weeks. Destiny is keeping my interest for now... but I think that will change once the Halo Remastered hits! Nostalgia ftw!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dades wrote: »
    I stopped playing Titanfall after a few weeks. Destiny is keeping my interest for now... but I think that will change once the Halo Remastered hits! Nostalgia ftw!

I had a solid week of titanfall before destiny came out as it came with the console. I enjoyed it a lot and it wasn't nearly as frustrating as I expected, I think it's one I'll dip in and out of.

Don't think Destiny will keep me away from Halo but I'm enjoying it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have I missed out on the special edition?!

Didn't hear anything about this, just googling this morning it seems like they are all sold out.

Really starting to get excited about this game.

maximoose wrote: »
    Have I missed out on the special edition?!

Didn't hear anything about this, just googling this morning it seems like they are all sold out.

Really starting to get excited about this game.
    Getting excited too. :D

I can see Destiny taking a lengthy back seat when this comes out. Not really in the market for the fancy editions gonna try and grab a US download copy assuming they make one available.

Gonna be tough deciding what to play!

• Advertisement

I'm an absolute sucker for collectibles, and have the special editions of 2-4 and Reach.. have to keep the trend going now :pac:

Destiny is keeping me going for the moment but yep, getting dropped as soon as this arrives!

402 achievements

Might take a while to complete this one...

And the playlists have been released
    Team Halo 2: Anniversary
    Play a mix of Team Slayer and objective game types on re-mastered maps. 4v4.

Halo 2: Anniversary Rumble
    Challenge seven other opponents on re-mastered maps. This is your fight and yours alone. 8 player Free-For-All.

Team Halo 2: Anniversary Social
    Play with a team in unranked Team Slayer and objective game types on re-mastered maps. 5v5.

Team Slayer
    Eliminate the enemy team across four Halo games: Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 2: Anniversary. Nothing but Team Slayer, 24/7. 4v4.

Big Team Battle
    Battle it out in 16-player warfare with vehicles across Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 2: Anniversary. 8v8.

Halo: Combat Evolved
    The game that started it all. Play a mix of Slayer and objective game types in Halo: Combat Evolved for the first time on Xbox Live. 4v4.

Halo 2 Classic
    It’s back. A mix of the most popular Team Slayer and objective game types from the original Halo 2. 4v4.

Halo 3
    A selection of fan-favorite Team Slayer and objective game types from Halo 3. 4v4.

Halo 4
    A mix of Team Slayer and objective game types from Halo 4, on a selection of small to medium-sized maps. 5v5.

Team Hardcore
    A collection of tournament-approved game types from Halo 2 and Halo 3. The Battle Rifle is your primary weapon. 4v4.

Halo eSports
    The official Halo eSports playlist. 4v4.

SWAT
    Aim for the head! A collection of SWAT game types on our favorite maps from Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 2: Anniversary. Players have no shields and are equipped with rifles. 4v4.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sounds epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

doesn't it just!

Just ordered this morning on Xbox.com!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/halo

Got the pre-downloadable digital version via the US store for circa €47. I think you need the disc version to play the Halo 5 beta, but getting a disc copy in Ireland ain't gonna be cheap. It's the old stuff that appeals anyway!

65GB download. You wouldn't want to be doing that on the day off you take to play Halo. :eek:

• Advertisement

I've taken two days off...

Best get preloading :)

Actually - digital buyers DO get beta access!

http://www.jbgnews.com/2014/10/dont-panic-halo-5-beta-is-available-with-digital-mcc-purchase/242403.html

Seems there's just been some misleading text. :)

Jebus, 65gb, I'll have to pre-order that soon and delete one or two things off the HDD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Jebus, 65gb, I'll have to pre-order that soon and delete one or two things off the HDD.

So if there is a maximum of 362Gb available on the X1 HDD with the space taken by the OS (http://ie.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Actual_Hard_Drive_Space )

Then Halo MCC ALONE takes up around one fifth of available HDD space.

ONE game.

That's totally mad.

TBF, it technically isn't really ONE game :pac:

Is it the same install size off the disc?

quad_red wrote: »
    So if there is a maximum of 362Gb available on the X1 HDD with the space taken by the OS (http://ie.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Actual_Hard_Drive_Space )

Then Halo MCC ALONE takes up around one fifth of available HDD space.

ONE game.

That's totally mad.

4 full games to be fair with all their dlc included, not one game.

It's proving a bitch to download. Hangs on both wifi and Ethernet at max 34%.

Loads of complaints on the web... Just as well there's time to sort it out. I hope!

Dades wrote: »
    It's proving a bitch to download. Hangs on both wifi and Ethernet at max 34%.

Loads of complaints on the web... Just as well there's time to sort it out. I hope!

Mine downloaded without any issue though it took several days thank to me rural ireland internet. I think the 20gb day one update is supposed to preload a few days before the 11th too.

It took me a couple of days too, I think the update has already preloaded for me - there's a little controller with a+ symbol on the game which I think means it has downloaded additional updates

Making of has gone live. Good watch.

• Advertisement

Managed to get it downloaded last night.
    For anyone else having difficulty I did the following steps to get it to work:
    • Settings >> Disc & Blu ray >> Clear Persitent Storages - three times.
    • Settings >> Network >> Advanced Settings >> Alternate MAC address >> Clear
    • Settings >> Power/Start Up >> Do NOT auto turn off

AFAIK the 20GB update will still need to come down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Making of has gone live. Good watch.

And it's gone...

"Halo 2 Anniversary - Remaki..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Microsoft Corporation.

Watched it lastnight on the 360, it's a decent doc. Serious nostalgia watching it, can't wait for next week.

Found it elsewhere on YouTube this morning.

Oh crikey, I forgot this is only a week away :D

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Oh crikey, I forgot this is only a week away :D

Can't wait. Special Edition looks fairly epic. Wonder if it got re-stocked??

Halo-The-Master-Chief-Collection-Mjolnir-Edition.jpg

Just wondering something while watching that video where they talk about Halo 2 being exactly the same game - but remastered...

One thing that I always disliked about earlier Halos was that you had to click the thumb-stick to zoom down sights. I always sucked at the BR and I blame this!

This was compounded after playing MOH, COD, Battlefield etc where you have the left trigger option. In fact I only bought Halo 4 after confirming that at least one of the controller setups allowed left-trigger zoom.

Basically I'm hoping that there'll be a choice of controller setups for the earlier Halos that wasn't available when they first shipped. And that finally I can shoot the damned BR straight. :pac:

I'd imagine as they had it in 4 they'll have it as an option in this

Give me click-to-zoom any day :)

I always use CoD controller set up too, I think it was called Fish-stick in Halo 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭e92335i

Any good deals on for Xbox ones at the moment? Even better if its packaged with this

Advertisement